Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 351 352 [353] 354 355 ... 771

Author Topic: Things that made you mildly upset today thread  (Read 819567 times)

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you mildly sad today thread
« Reply #5280 on: February 09, 2019, 01:27:18 pm »

It's remarkably demotivating to watch someone fall asleep almost as soon as you start a sentence.

She woke up a few seconds later and had no recollection of anything that happened, assumed that I'd said whatever it was that I was going to say (I stopped talking as soon as I noticed that her blink was going to last a bit longer than usual), and carried on her merry way without a care.

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #5281 on: February 09, 2019, 08:01:57 pm »

It's remarkably demotivating to watch someone fall asleep almost as soon as you start a sentence.

She woke up a few seconds later and had no recollection of anything that happened, assumed that I'd said whatever it was that I was going to say (I stopped talking as soon as I noticed that her blink was going to last a bit longer than usual), and carried on her merry way without a care.
With great power comes great responsability. From now on you shall be known as... Borepheus, Master of Sleep!
There's two kinds of performance reviews: the one you make they don't read, the one they make whilst they sharpen their daggers
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5282 on: February 09, 2019, 08:07:31 pm »

Maybe I haven't been doing as much intensive walking as I used to do, but my calves seem noticeably skinnier than I remember them being last time I looked.
Possibly enough to make me self-conscious about these shorts I'd planned on wearing today.
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5283 on: February 09, 2019, 10:28:38 pm »

Fair point, yeah the rest of me is fairly skinny as well, I doubt anyone but myself would notice. Also it's less obvious now that I have shoes on. Weird.
The patches where my leg hair has vanished is probably a bigger issue. >.>

I hope your drunken mythological revelry in the land of the kiwi bird is going well!
Booze is Life for Yoink

EnigmaticHat

• Bay Watcher
  • I vibrate, I die, I vibrate again
    • View Profile
« Reply #5284 on: February 11, 2019, 09:27:07 am »

A while back I asked out a girl at work and she said no.  That's not really the sad, the sad is that it seems to have really put a damper on our friendship.  I don't... think I did anything wrong?  I think this might just be her being slightly young and immature?  And being uncomfortable with a male friend thinking she's hot.  Which... to be clear, I didn't talk about her appearance, if she thinks that its coming from her (although I do think she's hot).  And also she's a fellow liberal arts student in a creative field, and learning web design on the side... okay it is a little sad she said no.

When I say young I mean I'm 25 and she's... I don't actually know, at least 20 for sure.  I have a habit of parsing all young adults as the same age so I forget how much people mature during that period.  I mean if were both 25+ one of us asking the other out shouldn't end a friendship... right?  Finding someone attractive is a compliment by default and its only creepy if you make it creepy, is how I look at it.  I know I've met some gay guys who were obviously into me and all that did was brighten my day.

Maybe I haven't been doing as much intensive walking as I used to do, but my calves seem noticeably skinnier than I remember them being last time I looked.
Possibly enough to make me self-conscious about these shorts I'd planned on wearing today.
You ever stared at yourself in a mirror for a few minutes until you start noticing every stray facial hair and zit and suddenly you're ugly as hell?  Something I've learned: no one pays that much attention to anyone, except themselves.  If you want to know what you look like to other people, stand in a full body mirror, look at yourself for 5 seconds and then look away and try to remember what you saw.  If you do that and you aren't certain if your calves are thin or not, your calves are fine.
"T-take this non-euclidean geometry, h-humanity-baka. I m-made it, but not because I l-li-l-like you or anything! I just felt s-sorry for you, b-baka."
You misspelled seance.  Are possessing Draignean?  Are you actually a ghost in the shell? You have to tell us if you are, that's the rule

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #5285 on: February 11, 2019, 09:31:57 am »

I just look in the mirror and see how tired and fed up I am.

I try to avoid mirrors.

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #5286 on: February 11, 2019, 10:17:58 am »

After tossing and turning for hours last night, I finally fell asleep. Even if I had fallen asleep right away it wouldn't be enough, but anything was welcome.

As soon as I started dreaming, my dream-self immediately put their hand on a burning candle. I was startled awake less than a minute after falling asleep.

Thanks, brain.
This game is Curtain Fire Shooting Game.
Girls do their best now and are preparing. Please watch warmly until it is ready.

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #5287 on: February 11, 2019, 10:44:59 am »

My housemate is putting his dog down today, heart problems got a lot worse.  The dog is a good dog, but quite old.  I'm much more worried about my housemate.  He acts like it's fine, and he did grow up on a farm, but... well, yeah.
I should probably feel sad too, I've walked the dog a lot over the past year, but I kinda don't.  Maybe later, emphasis on maybe though.
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

Gentlefish

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING: balloon-like qualities]
    • View Profile
« Reply #5288 on: February 11, 2019, 01:06:35 pm »

My housemate is putting his dog down today, heart problems got a lot worse.  The dog is a good dog, but quite old.  I'm much more worried about my housemate.  He acts like it's fine, and he did grow up on a farm, but... well, yeah.
I should probably feel sad too, I've walked the dog a lot over the past year, but I kinda don't.  Maybe later, emphasis on maybe though.

Maybe your friend is like me. When I had to get my cat put down last summer (He was like, 13 or 14) it was because he apparently suffered a pretty bad stroke. He was with my parents at the time since my apartment didn't allow animals and he was diabetic. It was harder to see him suffer than to lose him, as much as I still miss the giant ball of fur.

Arx

• Bay Watcher
  • Iron within, iron without.
    • View Profile
    • Art!
« Reply #5289 on: February 12, 2019, 02:48:52 am »

I am on Discord as Arx#2415.
Hail to the mind of man! / Fire in the sky
I've been waiting for you / On this day we die.

TD1

• Bay Watcher
  • Childe Roland to the Dark Tower Came
    • View Profile
« Reply #5290 on: February 12, 2019, 08:50:04 am »

I actually thought the image was broken  :P
Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination
  TD1 has claimed the title of Penblessed the Endless Fountain of Epics!
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5291 on: February 12, 2019, 10:50:40 am »

Fugg I am bad at coping and self-motivating.
It's now Wednesday morning. The bulk of this week has just sunk into a swamp of failure, procrastination, excuses and self-loathing.
I'm tryna make my way out of said swamp but my craft is just a flimsy little kayak tacked together from the few scraps of self-esteem and optimism I have left, and the closest thing I have to a paddle is this disgusting, congealed lump of unhealthy coping mechanisms.

Oh yeah and it looks like I'll be going to work with maybe two hours sleep again, if I'm lucky.
Booze is Life for Yoink

NullForceOmega

• Bay Watcher
  • But, really, it's divine. Divinely tiresome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5292 on: February 13, 2019, 05:50:07 am »

Had an appointment with an ophthalmologist today (yesterday) and of course they dilated my eyes and some other eye drop badness and now I can't sleep even worse than normal, already been up for more than 24 hours and no signs of slowing down.

Wouldn't even care but my boys go to school at normal hours like real people not horrible sleepless monsters like me, and then there's the matter of the two month old little girl who likes to scream at me for not being mama and I can't really deal anymore because my knees are finally ceasing to function properly leaving me barely able to get around the house.
« Last Edit: February 13, 2019, 06:26:48 am by NullForceOmega »
Grey morality is for people who wish to avoid retribution for misdeeds.

NullForceOmega is an immortal neanderthal who has been an amnesiac for the past 5000 years.

Transcendant

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5293 on: February 13, 2019, 09:49:03 am »

Well Activision Blizzard is firing a bunch of people, like 8% or something.

I don't like this sort of thing in general.
I wish they'd fix maphack in SC2 rather than this.
Who cares if your shares earned 0.84 per share instead of $1.24 per share predicted. You are still making 2.4 Billion.

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #5294 on: February 13, 2019, 09:55:46 am »

I know people who work at Blizz... That does sound like a rather sucky state of affairs.

For the dumb shit Blizzard has done on the consumer end of things, it did seem like it was a nice place to work.
Pages: 1 ... 351 352 [353] 354 355 ... 771