Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 353 354 [355] 356 357 ... 772

Author Topic: Things that made you mildly upset today thread  (Read 820070 times)

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you mildly sad today thread
« Reply #5310 on: February 15, 2019, 08:48:20 am »

You mentioned colleve, but how do you feel about trade schools? If that is the English word. I mean stuff like electricians, plumbers, building carpenters.
Love, scriver~

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #5311 on: February 15, 2019, 02:25:49 pm »

That would be okay, if you could survive the financial burdens of working an unpaid internship (an apprenticeship, i tuink they still call it) for a year after graduation.

Im currently stuck in a ditch because i got too close to the edge of the road and the snow caught my tire. Fuck me.
« Last Edit: February 15, 2019, 02:32:58 pm by Eric Blank »
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
  • Duggin was the hero we needed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5312 on: February 15, 2019, 03:01:53 pm »

You get preference on hiring after you get out in the US.

You are not supposed to, but a lot of businesses get breaks if they hire veterans. Also you get free food at Applebees sometimes. It would almost certainly solve the financial problems you state. Also, it's difficult to come out of it without an increased skill in self-discipline.

Also, no matter how soul-crushing you think it's going to be, it's going to be worse. Much worse.
FACT I: Post note art is best art.
FACT II: Dunamisdeos is a forum-certified wordsmith.
FACT III: "All life begins with Post-it notes and ends with Post-it notes. This is the truth! This is my belief!...At least for now."
FACT IV: SPEECHO THE TRUSTWORM IS YOUR FRIEND or BEHOLD: THE FRUIT ENGINE 3.0

Levi

• Bay Watcher
  • Is a fish.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5313 on: February 15, 2019, 03:20:32 pm »

My performance review has been pushed back.  I was going to use it to complain about my reviewer not approving my projects fast enough.  I guess I'll just sit here like a lump all day again.
Avid Gamer | Goldfish Enthusiast | Canadian | Professional Layabout

Doomblade187

• Bay Watcher
  • Requires music to get through the working day.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5314 on: February 15, 2019, 10:07:21 pm »

That would be okay, if you could survive the financial burdens of working an unpaid internship (an apprenticeship, i tuink they still call it) for a year after graduation.

Im currently stuck in a ditch because i got too close to the edge of the road and the snow caught my tire. Fuck me.
You gonna be okay? Need an uber call?
In any case it would be a battle of critical thinking and I refuse to fight an unarmed individual.
One mustn't stare into the pathos, lest one become Pathos.

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #5315 on: February 16, 2019, 12:51:00 am »

We escaped, after a couple hours. The rescue vehicle slid off the road trying to pull me out, so someone else happened along on their way to work and pulled him out and gave us their tow strap (our stupid rope kept snapping). Next time they come in to the store ill have to give that back to them and buy them a bottle of liquor.
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

Doomblade187

• Bay Watcher
  • Requires music to get through the working day.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5316 on: February 16, 2019, 02:32:36 am »

We escaped, after a couple hours. The rescue vehicle slid off the road trying to pull me out, so someone else happened along on their way to work and pulled him out and gave us their tow strap (our stupid rope kept snapping). Next time they come in to the store ill have to give that back to them and buy them a bottle of liquor.
Glad to hear you're okay. :)
In any case it would be a battle of critical thinking and I refuse to fight an unarmed individual.
One mustn't stare into the pathos, lest one become Pathos.

EnigmaticHat

• Bay Watcher
  • I vibrate, I die, I vibrate again
    • View Profile
« Reply #5317 on: February 17, 2019, 08:18:11 am »

After two decades of having crippling anxiety related to job applications and being convinced I would never be able to hold down a job... I think I like working.  And finance, and even entrepreneurship, seem interesting to me.  What I'm saying is I think my liberal arts ass probably would have enjoyed being a business major.  I don't think I would have learned as much as my actual major, but holy shit that would have been an easier path in life.
"T-take this non-euclidean geometry, h-humanity-baka. I m-made it, but not because I l-li-l-like you or anything! I just felt s-sorry for you, b-baka."
You misspelled seance.  Are possessing Draignean?  Are you actually a ghost in the shell? You have to tell us if you are, that's the rule

Adragis

• Bay Watcher
  • Edgelady Supreme
    • View Profile
« Reply #5318 on: February 17, 2019, 07:04:48 pm »

I haven't been on this site in, like, two years or something like that. It's kind of sad, because now I can't remember jack about anything or anyone except grisha5.
thincake

TD1

• Bay Watcher
  • Childe Roland to the Dark Tower Came
    • View Profile
« Reply #5319 on: February 17, 2019, 07:13:03 pm »

Then you already know All.
Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination
  TD1 has claimed the title of Penblessed the Endless Fountain of Epics!
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

Adragis

• Bay Watcher
  • Edgelady Supreme
    • View Profile
« Reply #5320 on: February 17, 2019, 07:29:02 pm »

Then you already know All.
well said, fellow grishite
thincake

Gentlefish

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING: balloon-like qualities]
    • View Profile
« Reply #5321 on: February 17, 2019, 08:16:27 pm »

fukken pointless anxiety aaaa

brain says 'panic, everything is wrong' but i ask brain 'what exactly is wrong about everything' and it's all 'reeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee'

I realize that a baseless anxiety feeding into fear of where I'm at and where I will be have probably driven my compulsion to avoid commitment and that I won't be happy with where I'm at, wherever I happen to be or whatever I happen to be doing, until I either distract myself from it or find some way to handle it.

I did leave to get away from the phantasms of my old life and relationship, and that worked to a point, except that while the place is different, I'm still the same, and many of those same ghosts haunt not my old apartment and sleepy town, but me. I can't run away from me.

Me is my own worst enemy, I s'pose.

In happier sad news, I realize that, romantically speaking, I might maybe be becoming my dad. Mom helpfully overshared that he has a thing for high boots, I've inherited the thing for thigh-high socks, my date is a little hapless when it comes to cooking, Dad did all the cooking back home, as probably will I, his favorite band is Depeche Mode, they're one of mine too, guess what's put on as things get spicy, etc etc.

Real awkward, it's not helping my psyche at all even though things are smooth sailing with the kiwi gal. It's funny, really, but just unshakeably awkward. Pointlessly frantic brain needs something to dig into, right?

long socks are the bee's knees, as it were. I too indulge in them.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5322 on: February 17, 2019, 08:38:18 pm »

grisha5

On-topic: this gingivitis business really sucks. Sucks most of the fun out of drunken make-out sessions, that is. Nerve-wracking stuff.
Hopefully I can improve it before too long.
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

George_Chickens

• Bay Watcher
  • Ghosts are stored in the balls.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5323 on: February 17, 2019, 08:46:10 pm »

grisha5

On-topic: this gingivitis business really sucks. Sucks most of the fun out of drunken make-out sessions, that is. Nerve-wracking stuff.
Hopefully I can improve it before too long.
Mike Mahan has gingivitis
Ghosts are stored in the balls?[/quote]
also George_Chickens quit fucking my sister

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #5324 on: February 18, 2019, 01:15:32 am »

This disease is kicking my ass. I cant cough without a bowel movement. Im doing lots of both. Along with every inch of my body being sore and i just ran out of nyquil. This is the end.
I make Spellcrafts!
Pages: 1 ... 353 354 [355] 356 357 ... 772