Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 354 355 [356] 357 358 ... 771

Author Topic: Things that made you mildly upset today thread  (Read 819476 times)

Arx

• Bay Watcher
  • Iron within, iron without.
    • View Profile
    • Art!
Re: Things that made you mildly sad today thread
« Reply #5325 on: February 18, 2019, 04:21:53 am »

I haven't been on this site in, like, two years or something like that. It's kind of sad, because now I can't remember jack about anything or anyone except grisha5.

Well welcome back. You may not remember us, but we remember you.

There's a guy in my honours class with some kind of speech impediment/disability. I don't especially mind or anything and I don't dislike the guy, but he has no volume control and a habit of talking to himself. It's generally fine, but if I'm ticked off about something else already and/or feeling more autistic than usual the noise drives me insane.

Also, it makes it really hard for me to tell if he's talking to me and then I just feel bad. I do badly enough with speech sometimes as it is.

I am on Discord as Arx#2415.
Hail to the mind of man! / Fire in the sky
I've been waiting for you / On this day we die.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5326 on: February 18, 2019, 04:31:20 am »

Mike Mahan has gingivitis
Who dat? Some CEO guy?
Well yeah, filthy rich folks can generally get away with plenty of gross physical characteristics. Certainly some a lot worse than trench mouth. :P

I feel like a shitload of money would solve at least a few of my problems, and make me better able to distract myself from the rest. Of course, I'm sure that in no time at all I would accumulate a new host of rich-people problems to replace them.
I'd probably never leave my opulent mansion and go gradually insane with only my high-tech roboservants to talk to.
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #5327 on: February 18, 2019, 04:49:10 am »

I remember seeing a thing about a very rich man with so much social insecurity that he didn't even want to see his own servants. For example, he had a lift installed in the middle of his second floor (where he lived) dining room so that the servants could make the table on the first floor and then just raise it up to him when ready. That way he didn't have to interact with any of them.
Love, scriver~

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #5328 on: February 18, 2019, 09:21:37 am »

Pfft, hills in Wisconsin are weaksauce.

Thigh highs are good though. Stripy ones espesh.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #5329 on: February 18, 2019, 12:02:47 pm »

Bluh. I've got a meeting tomorrow with the rest of the rejects, I need to get my ass out to buy breakfast foods this evening, there's a trans chick who seems to have caught feelings for me and I need to handle the new attention in a responsible way, I've completely forgotten whatever homework I had from my shrink, my parents are trying to get an answer out of me for flight dates for me to come visit them come March/April, and of course it's tax season which means I need to figure out how to do that and then do it.

But first, lemme lie in bed all day feeling sorry for myself.

Gentlefish

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING: balloon-like qualities]
    • View Profile
« Reply #5330 on: February 18, 2019, 01:44:30 pm »

long socks are the bee's knees, as it were. I too indulge in them.

The way they hug soft thighs and draw the eyes to hips like the rolling hills of back home. Hot damn. I'm not sure if that's to how you were referring to your long socks, but that's what I like about 'em. That's probably enough about that, though.

Welcome back, Adragis, sorry I never knew ye (did you go by another name?), but it's never too late to start a new history!

Man, anything thigh-high and up really tickles my goats. Especially striped.

As for a minor sad to stay partly ontopic, the final piece of a new computer build got lost in the snowstorms I experienced last week. It was the case. My new one should be in today, but I'm still sitting on my old PC and the delay has taken away any motivation to do anything on it.

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5331 on: February 18, 2019, 02:00:43 pm »

-
« Last Edit: February 19, 2019, 07:49:15 am by JoshuaFH »

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #5332 on: February 21, 2019, 03:06:29 am »

I don't know what I did, but I broke Unity. It crashes whenever I try to test a scene after editing it. Until Unity either gets back to me with a fix, or I fix the problem on my own, or it mysteriously resolves itself, I can't work on my project. Arrgh.
This game is Curtain Fire Shooting Game.
Girls do their best now and are preparing. Please watch warmly until it is ready.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5333 on: February 21, 2019, 05:59:34 pm »

What a shitty start to the day - literally.
Was having stomach pains since I woke up (late because I forgot to set an extra alarm), at first I figured they'd go away soon enough but now I'm pooping at work shortly after finally getting here. RIP.
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #5334 on: February 22, 2019, 05:41:06 am »

So, after talking with her little sisters a bit, the GF has decided to revive the old Minecraft server for them to play around on.

Now, it's been a really long time since I last played Minecraft, and part of that had to do with some horrid lag/bugs on my old machine (in addition to the sound being lost, so no creeper warning). Now I've got a brand new machine (which is already full of dog hair, but that was inevitable) with better hardware, and there's been a bunch of new stuff added to the game! At first I thought "Cool! This'll be fun! Can flex the ol' creative lobes a bit and explore the new content, and actually have something I can do together with the GF!".

But then came the mods. Just a whole fat pack of them, she doesn't even know what all is in there, just that it's got the cars and furniture and modern architectural stuff that's needed for the cute little upper-class suburbia their projects always seem to turn into, as well as a few quality of life mods that make sure you never need to actually survive in survival.

Naturally, not all of these mods are entirely up to date. As such; she's installed an older version of Minecraft on the server, without all the new content, so that the mods will work.

Ah well.

scourge728

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5335 on: February 22, 2019, 11:14:29 am »

AFAIK 99% of mods don't work on the most recent version, as they all need Forge, which hasn't been updated to it and probably won't be iirc. Something about inclement weather I gather mojang redoing a bunch of stuff under the hood

methylatedspirit

• Bay Watcher
  • it/its
    • View Profile
« Reply #5336 on: February 22, 2019, 11:22:27 am »

I used to play Minecraft, and it seems that the modding community has some "preferred" versions, ones that get significantly more focus than others. Off the top of my head, they include 1.5.2, 1.6.4, 1.7.2, 1.8.X. and 1.12.2.

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #5337 on: February 22, 2019, 11:52:54 am »

Yeah, it's just... Well, it's clear that she likes to play a significantly different Minecraft from the one I like. I enjoy solving problems in a creative fashion, which is why I built the Chickenator 2000 to provide us with food and feathers. Okay, so maybe it went on to destroy the world a little bit, but that was just a new problem to solve.

And it's not like I don't do purely creative stuff, I do... It's just that my art installations don't tend to go over very well with the city planning commission. The Spongebob monument got to stick around for a good while because her sisters thought it was pretty great, but after it mysteriously vanished the mountain it used to sit on top of got bulldozed to make way for some more shops and houses.

When the cars and the tarmac streets came, I really didn't have much left to do with the emerging world. I didn't get approval to zone a slums district, and I didn't want to build early 00's mansions, so I eventually just left.

I thought that we might get a fresh start this time around, but it looks like there are other priorities.  She didn't add the jetpacks mod though, for some reason.

Iduno

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5338 on: February 22, 2019, 12:33:02 pm »

Yeah, it's just... Well, it's clear that she likes to play a significantly different Minecraft from the one I like. I enjoy solving problems in a creative fashion, which is why I built the Chickenator 2000 to provide us with food and feathers. Okay, so maybe it went on to destroy the world a little bit, but that was just a new problem to solve.

And it's not like I don't do purely creative stuff, I do... It's just that my art installations don't tend to go over very well with the city planning commission. The Spongebob monument got to stick around for a good while because her sisters thought it was pretty great, but after it mysteriously vanished the mountain it used to sit on top of got bulldozed to make way for some more shops and houses.

When the cars and the tarmac streets came, I really didn't have much left to do with the emerging world. I didn't get approval to zone a slums district, and I didn't want to build early 00's mansions, so I eventually just left.

I thought that we might get a fresh start this time around, but it looks like there are other priorities.  She didn't add the jetpacks mod though, for some reason.

That sounds like it could be a fun problem. You can't have a post-apocalyptic survival game without a city that got ruined. Can you open some sort of portal downtown? You just need to build yourself a secret super-villain lair somewhere while they build the city, then unleash whatever horrors the game allows you to.

Edit: you may want to wait until they're done first, so as not to be a total dick.
« Last Edit: February 22, 2019, 12:36:04 pm by Iduno »

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #5339 on: February 22, 2019, 12:59:18 pm »

Ahaha, no. If I went around wrecking their stuff or putting up portals/castles/whatever that didn't fit the theme, I'd probably only accomplish getting a server checkpoint reset and revocation of privileges for yours truly.

Pretty much the most evil thing I've done was to set up an infinite loop music block circuit underground near where they were expanding the city, and that ended up getting wiped out by the terrain flattening tool she'd modded in. Anything more destructive than that and I'll be stepping on toes in a big way. Big toes.

The horrors sorta work though, as everyone generally ends up in creative and can't be targeted anyways. But she still doesn't like me populating the houses with zombies or whatnot. I tried making a mid-air ghast spawner that was concealed by sky-blue blocks underneath; but it never really worked, and eventually that space was needed for the third storey (Chrome, you utter numpty... That is a real fucking word, don't you red-line me) of another earth toned villa, so it got removed.
Pages: 1 ... 354 355 [356] 357 358 ... 771