Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 355 356 [357] 358 359 ... 771

Author Topic: Things that made you mildly upset today thread  (Read 820031 times)

wierd

• Bay Watcher
  • I like to eat small children.
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you mildly sad today thread
« Reply #5340 on: February 22, 2019, 01:06:35 pm »

But the endermen need houses too!

Tell her she's being racist against black edritch horrors. :P

EDIT:

This thread has me remembering the minecraft server I set up on my old NAS box...   I am setting up a spigot server on my new NAS (which has a sexxier processor and twice the RAM) in the swanky linux chroot I just set up. Gonna see how well it drives.
« Last Edit: February 22, 2019, 01:34:51 pm by wierd »

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
  • Duggin was the hero we needed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5341 on: February 22, 2019, 01:47:43 pm »

Hide TNT in secret tunnels under everything.

Wire it to a central location, demand the world's gold.
FACT I: Post note art is best art.
FACT II: Dunamisdeos is a forum-certified wordsmith.
FACT III: "All life begins with Post-it notes and ends with Post-it notes. This is the truth! This is my belief!...At least for now."
FACT IV: SPEECHO THE TRUSTWORM IS YOUR FRIEND or BEHOLD: THE FRUIT ENGINE 3.0

scourge728

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5342 on: February 22, 2019, 02:16:50 pm »

Yeah, it's just... Well, it's clear that she likes to play a significantly different Minecraft from the one I like. I enjoy solving problems in a creative fashion, which is why I built the Chickenator 2000 to provide us with food and feathers. Okay, so maybe it went on to destroy the world a little bit, but that was just a new problem to solve.

And it's not like I don't do purely creative stuff, I do... It's just that my art installations don't tend to go over very well with the city planning commission. The Spongebob monument got to stick around for a good while because her sisters thought it was pretty great, but after it mysteriously vanished the mountain it used to sit on top of got bulldozed to make way for some more shops and houses.

When the cars and the tarmac streets came, I really didn't have much left to do with the emerging world. I didn't get approval to zone a slums district, and I didn't want to build early 00's mansions, so I eventually just left.

I thought that we might get a fresh start this time around, but it looks like there are other priorities.  She didn't add the jetpacks mod though, for some reason.

These people do not sound fun to play with tbh

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #5343 on: February 22, 2019, 02:20:34 pm »

Ditto, and I greatly prefer modpacks to Vanilla.  (Though some are excessively RAM-hungry)

Speaking of... TNT is tedious.  Look for uranium.
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

wierd

• Bay Watcher
  • I like to eat small children.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5344 on: February 22, 2019, 02:20:47 pm »

Hide TNT in secret tunnels under everything.

Wire it to a central location, demand the world's gold.

No, just surreptitiously add creeper spawners.  MUCH more !FUN!

RE: Ram hunger, CPU hunger

The spigot server (a modified craftbukkit build) is WAAAAAAAY more efficient than the official server.  I can run a minecraft server on an embedded device with the spigot server. 
« Last Edit: February 22, 2019, 02:22:45 pm by wierd »

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5345 on: February 23, 2019, 06:24:38 am »

New stuff to stress about, hooray. And this stuff can't be sorted out 'til business hours on Monday and is delaying my payment. I'm just glad my rent isn't due 'til a week from Sunday, so I should have plenty of time to sort this out.
Still. Stress. Stresssss.
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #5346 on: February 23, 2019, 09:32:50 am »

So a couple days ago, I was putting away a knife and plate I'd used because I wasn't going to get any more use out of them for a while and there was no sense leaving them just sitting around. The dishwasher was open, and had been for a few days, but I wasn't sure if it was dirty or cleaned and just not put away. Most things looked reasonably shiny, but then I found a couple articles that were clearly stained and figured "ah, this is a dirty load" and made my contribution. I decided not to pay attention to the fact that all the spoons were put into a single pocket of the utensil basket, because I just did not feel like dealing with that kind of madness.

My observation was apparently incorrect. I heard the GF fiddling with something in the utensil drawer just now, when she said: "The fu-... Did you put dirty dishes in with the clean ones?!"

"What? No, I checked, there were dirty forks and spoons"

"No, that was the clean load. Since nobody put it away after it was finished, the clean load was left in the washer."

Welp.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5347 on: February 23, 2019, 10:04:28 am »

See, this is why if you run the dishwasher, you need to stick around to unload it.
That sorta shit is why I moved out of the last sharehouse I was in that had a dishwasher. Well, that and the Toilet Paper Cold War and my all-encompassing social anxiety that was going to destroy some of my oldest friendships if I stuck around.
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #5348 on: February 23, 2019, 03:15:18 pm »

I know "literally just reading Reddit posts" has always been a popular format for clickbait, but now on YouTube they're not even disguising it.  This upsets me a little.
This game is Curtain Fire Shooting Game.
Girls do their best now and are preparing. Please watch warmly until it is ready.

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #5349 on: February 23, 2019, 03:18:35 pm »

I know "literally just reading Reddit posts" has always been a popular format for clickbait, but now on YouTube they're not even disguising it.  This upsets me a little.
Have you also been getting recommendations for that r/entitledparents stuff? Where the hell does the algorithm pull these suggestions from?

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #5350 on: February 23, 2019, 03:20:40 pm »

Code: [Select]
if(video.isShit)
{
    Recommend(always);
}

// todo: listen when people say "not interested"
// haha just kidding lmao
This game is Curtain Fire Shooting Game.
Girls do their best now and are preparing. Please watch warmly until it is ready.

Castlecliff

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5351 on: February 23, 2019, 03:44:33 pm »

Don't bother with the ignore function. Just report it all, when the dust is settled look upon the marvelous suggestions with disgust!

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
  • Duggin was the hero we needed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5352 on: February 23, 2019, 05:57:07 pm »

Have you also been getting recommendations for that r/entitledparents stuff? Where the hell does the algorithm pull these suggestions from?

*checks this*

It's like that "I'll take things that never happened for 100$" meme, but a website.
FACT I: Post note art is best art.
FACT II: Dunamisdeos is a forum-certified wordsmith.
FACT III: "All life begins with Post-it notes and ends with Post-it notes. This is the truth! This is my belief!...At least for now."
FACT IV: SPEECHO THE TRUSTWORM IS YOUR FRIEND or BEHOLD: THE FRUIT ENGINE 3.0

dragdeler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5353 on: February 23, 2019, 07:07:56 pm »

-
« Last Edit: November 23, 2020, 11:46:18 am by dragdeler »
let

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
  • Baal's More Evil American Twin
    • View Profile
« Reply #5354 on: February 24, 2019, 06:11:30 am »

I need to learn to stop talking.
Well, we could put two and two together and write a book: "The Shit that Hans and Max Did: You Won't Believe This Shit."
He's fucking with us.
Pages: 1 ... 355 356 [357] 358 359 ... 771