Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 357 358 [359] 360 361 ... 772

Author Topic: Things that made you mildly upset today thread  (Read 820161 times)

Adragis

• Bay Watcher
  • Edgelady Supreme
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you mildly sad today thread
« Reply #5370 on: February 24, 2019, 02:40:27 pm »

Knowledge is a lie told by the Welsh.
thincake

EnigmaticHat

• Bay Watcher
  • I vibrate, I die, I vibrate again
    • View Profile
« Reply #5371 on: February 24, 2019, 02:41:16 pm »

I know "literally just reading Reddit posts" has always been a popular format for clickbait, but now on YouTube they're not even disguising it.  This upsets me a little.
Its because youtube now gives everyone the same suggestions, or at least it puts you into a demographic category and pushes the same videos to everyone in that category.  I remember when the suggestions you saw were based on the video you were currently watching so you can spam watch a lot of videos of the same type.  I liked it, it was like a sort of freeform TV where you could pick what the next episode was.

I'm pretty sure youtube is showing me content specifically designed to piss me off.  "how [insert movie/tv show/video game] [went wrong/is SJW trash/is so much better than this other thing everyone hates right now]."  Like... really?  I don't go out of my way to watch things I dislike and its annoying that youtube seems determined to direct me towards things it thinks I *dislike*.  If you ask my youtube is going the way of facebook.
"T-take this non-euclidean geometry, h-humanity-baka. I m-made it, but not because I l-li-l-like you or anything! I just felt s-sorry for you, b-baka."
You misspelled seance.  Are possessing Draignean?  Are you actually a ghost in the shell? You have to tell us if you are, that's the rule

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5372 on: February 24, 2019, 03:01:33 pm »

Youtube's recommendations have kinda gone off the rails for me lately, too, come to think of it. They used to be on-point.
Although I don't use it as much since its ghastly ads are apparently unavoidable on mobile.
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #5373 on: February 24, 2019, 03:05:19 pm »

Definitely seems to be a lot of politically charged stuff getting recommended; mostly I've been getting bombarded with videos where Ben Shapiro/Jordan Peterson WTFPWNBBQ some nub libs.

Y'know what I would watch? One of those, but it's been edited like one of those parody MLG 360 noscope compilations, with (deal with it) Thug Life and superfluous airhorns.

So yeah; mostly those, and then that one Rust video. Which actually isn't as bad as one would expect.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5374 on: February 24, 2019, 03:19:41 pm »

I get those, too. Also a whole heap of depressingly anticlimactic videos of brawls between protesters in the States. Wait, why does the word anticlimactic have an extra "c" in it? WTF? I hate that word now.    
I've probably cooked my recommendations even more after the bizarre sequence of videos I watched last night, haha.
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

methylatedspirit

• Bay Watcher
  • it/its
    • View Profile
« Reply #5375 on: February 24, 2019, 03:27:58 pm »

I wouldn't be too suprised if Google's doing some kind of A/B testing, where A is just the good old recommendation system, B being the garbage "new" system.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • Perhaps I'll
    • View Profile
« Reply #5376 on: February 24, 2019, 03:34:35 pm »

Wait, why does the word anticlimactic have an extra "c" in it? WTF? I hate that word now.    

What, do you pronounce it "anticlimatic"? It's just the same as "climactic", with an anti- stuck to the front. And I'm fairly sure that "climactic" has always had three c sounds in it.
Down at the bottom of the ocean. Beneath tons of brine which would crush you down. Not into broken and splintered flesh, but into thin soup. Into just more of the sea water. Where things live that aren't so different from you, but you will never live to touch them and they will never live to touch you.

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #5377 on: February 24, 2019, 03:35:59 pm »

Wait, why does the word anticlimactic have an extra "c" in it? WTF? I hate that word now.    

What, do you pronounce it "anticlimatic"? It's just the same as "climactic", with an anti- stuck to the front. And I'm fairly sure that "climactic" has always had three c sounds in it.

This is all because of anthropogenic climax change.

McTraveller

• Bay Watcher
  • This text isn't very personal.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5378 on: February 24, 2019, 03:52:38 pm »

I'm feeling unproductive.  I know my value in life does not derive from my accomplishments, but lately I feel like I have just been existing at best, mostly just working hard to maintain the status quo because things keep breaking or wearing out.

Adragis

• Bay Watcher
  • Edgelady Supreme
    • View Profile
« Reply #5379 on: February 24, 2019, 04:01:48 pm »

I've realised that since I left bay12 I have become the right-wingers. Now my desire to pwn the libs is overcoming me, and soon you will all be slain. Truly a twisted world in which we live.

What makes me really sad is people getting angry at each other over politics. We're all people.
thincake

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • Perhaps I'll
    • View Profile
« Reply #5380 on: February 24, 2019, 04:22:00 pm »

Except for those of us who are lizards.
Down at the bottom of the ocean. Beneath tons of brine which would crush you down. Not into broken and splintered flesh, but into thin soup. Into just more of the sea water. Where things live that aren't so different from you, but you will never live to touch them and they will never live to touch you.

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5381 on: February 24, 2019, 04:32:13 pm »

Lizard people are still people. The hint is in the name.

methylatedspirit

• Bay Watcher
  • it/its
    • View Profile
« Reply #5382 on: February 24, 2019, 04:44:43 pm »

But, you know, they're not humans, therefore they're not people.

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #5383 on: February 24, 2019, 04:48:59 pm »

That's racist!
There's two kinds of performance reviews: the one you make they don't read, the one they make whilst they sharpen their daggers
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

Adragis

• Bay Watcher
  • Edgelady Supreme
    • View Profile
« Reply #5384 on: February 24, 2019, 05:38:08 pm »

That's racist!

It would be, except they're lizards. Ew.
thincake
Pages: 1 ... 357 358 [359] 360 361 ... 772