Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 360 361 [362] 363 364 ... 771

Author Topic: Things that made you mildly upset today thread  (Read 819725 times)

Khan Boyzitbig

• Bay Watcher
  • [THOUGHTS:CHAOTIC] [ACTUALLY A SWAN]
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you mildly sad today thread
« Reply #5415 on: February 26, 2019, 05:21:58 am »

My laptop isnt charging. Cable works, power strip works, it registers the cable being plugged in for brief moments sporadically, but it isnt drawing any power. Just slowly dying.
Pull the cable fully out wait a sec and then try again. Mine was doing similar recently and nudging the cable while it was on made it turn off, afterwards it was completely fine and charging correctly.
////;::;\\\\ Scuttle Scuttle...

Milk for the Khorneflakes!

Luminous Bolt of Bacon
"Excuse me sir, You are on Fire."

Adragis

• Bay Watcher
  • Edgelady Supreme
    • View Profile
« Reply #5416 on: February 26, 2019, 06:58:08 am »

What a beautiful metaphor for the human condition.

What makes me mildly sad is that misanthropy is still hip amongst kids. Humans are great, and we're doing great.
thincake

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • Perhaps I'll
    • View Profile
« Reply #5417 on: February 26, 2019, 07:58:52 am »

Verdict's still out on humans, honestly. We're still in the prototype phase. Either we annihilate ourselves and are forgotten, settle into some strange stasis of low tech and no way to advance, or we change life on earth forever.
Down at the bottom of the ocean. Beneath tons of brine which would crush you down. Not into broken and splintered flesh, but into thin soup. Into just more of the sea water. Where things live that aren't so different from you, but you will never live to touch them and they will never live to touch you.

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #5418 on: February 26, 2019, 11:12:43 am »

Or we live on the moon. Theres plenty of living space on the moon. We just need to dig it.

But no, unplugging/restarting the laptop does nothing. I fear the charger port is damaged somehow, or maybe the battery connection to it came undone. If i open it up, i void the warranty and if theres a real problem from the manufacturer i have to fix and pay for it myself, but if i dont and its just a loose wire from animals roughhousing around my bag when nobodys looking, its a waste of everybodys time and money, and i dont know if theyre just going to ship me a new laptop and trash my harddrive. I dont have battery power left to back everything up...
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

Khan Boyzitbig

• Bay Watcher
  • [THOUGHTS:CHAOTIC] [ACTUALLY A SWAN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #5419 on: February 26, 2019, 11:52:33 am »

Unplug the laptop and check the cable/plug, then check the terminal and dust it. Also disconnect the battery (removing the battery shouldn't void anything) and check it's terminals. If that doesn't all work then switch the plug socket, doesn't need to be permanent just need to rule out dodgy sockets.

If all that doesn't work then it is probably internal which sucks.
////;::;\\\\ Scuttle Scuttle...

Milk for the Khorneflakes!

Luminous Bolt of Bacon
"Excuse me sir, You are on Fire."

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #5420 on: February 26, 2019, 12:24:07 pm »

None of that worked when i tried it last night, and i have to remove the entire back plate to get to the battery, which is the issue.

I hate shoddy warranty policies. Its like schrodingers manufacturer defect, if it exists im not allowed to find out.
« Last Edit: February 26, 2019, 12:26:47 pm by Eric Blank »
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

wierd

• Bay Watcher
  • I like to eat small children.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5421 on: February 26, 2019, 12:30:21 pm »

fighting a modified chromebook.

It makes me angry.

It support booting uefi, and has a built in microsd card slot. It supports booting from the microsd card slot.  the baked in storage is emmc.  The baked in storage is 16gb.

I want to get this POS to dual boot windows 10 and xubuntu.  This should be theoretically possible by using win to go to get windows installed onto a microsd card, shrinking the windows partition, installing xubuntu onto the emmc, creating a home partition in the freed space on the microsd, and bob should be my uncle.

But no.  No.

It has to be fucking difficult as shit.

Telgin

• Bay Watcher
  • Professional Programmer
    • View Profile
« Reply #5422 on: February 26, 2019, 05:19:39 pm »

That sounds intensely frustrating, and I've never heard of trying to boot Windows on a Chromebook.  I'm a tiny bit surprised the drivers would work for half of it, but I guess things are pretty standardized these days.

And to think I was just annoyed when I couldn't get Discord to run on a Chromebook.  Even the web client wouldn't work because of some kind of weird firewall / protection in its version of Chrome that blocked the web requests.
Through pain, I find wisdom.

scourge728

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5423 on: February 26, 2019, 05:33:37 pm »

I hate shoddy warranty policies. Its like schrodingers manufacturer defect, if it exists im not allowed to find out.
pssst, that's the goal

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #5424 on: February 27, 2019, 01:34:22 am »

I have this deep, dark fantasy that I haven't told anyone. In it, somebody says to me "itisnotlogical, I know you've had a long day so I'm going to treat you to something special: I'm going to ask you to do something in no uncertain terms instead of passive-aggressively complaining about it for the next ten hours."

Pretty messed-up and unrealistic, huh?
This game is Curtain Fire Shooting Game.
Girls do their best now and are preparing. Please watch warmly until it is ready.

Arx

• Bay Watcher
  • Iron within, iron without.
    • View Profile
    • Art!
« Reply #5425 on: February 27, 2019, 01:38:51 am »

I too have a communication fetish.

"Hey Arx, it really bothered me when you did <x>." dies of joy

I am on Discord as Arx#2415.
Hail to the mind of man! / Fire in the sky
I've been waiting for you / On this day we die.

Adragis

• Bay Watcher
  • Edgelady Supreme
    • View Profile
« Reply #5426 on: February 27, 2019, 03:20:08 am »

Sounds like a disorder of the mind to me tbqh
Communication is for animals, not people
thincake

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #5427 on: February 27, 2019, 03:35:17 am »

"Hey Rolan, are you okay?  We were supposed to meet an hour ago."  mmmph
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5428 on: February 27, 2019, 03:54:36 am »

What a beautiful metaphor for the human condition.

What makes me mildly sad is that misanthropy is still hip amongst kids. Humans are great, and we're doing great.
That sounds like pro-human propaganda to me. Don't believe the hype!
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

TD1

• Bay Watcher
  • Childe Roland to the Dark Tower Came
    • View Profile
« Reply #5429 on: February 27, 2019, 05:16:46 am »

Damn humanists. Those dirty bastards caused the Reformation and subsequent Enlightenment!
Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination
  TD1 has claimed the title of Penblessed the Endless Fountain of Epics!
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread
Pages: 1 ... 360 361 [362] 363 364 ... 771