Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 362 363 [364] 365 366 ... 771

Author Topic: Things that made you mildly upset today thread  (Read 820011 times)

scourge728

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you mildly sad today thread
« Reply #5445 on: March 02, 2019, 10:21:29 pm »

Argh why did I buy tickets to this thing?
I would have been better off staying at home. Though no doubt I would have been angry at myself for that, anyway...

Hey, wanna buy tickets to the vegan festival happening in Oslo come May 25th? There's a vegan Vietnamese restaurant with a booth, an Indonesian booth, and a vegan ice cream stand handing out free samples to market their new flavor.

Just in case you wanted to obligate yourself to more things that are unrealistic or complicated.

I keep trying to process vegan ice cream, and I can't comprehend what that would be, but I can't imagine it would be pleasant

EDIT: I'll be honest, I forgot there are plants that give "milk" that makes way more sense now

George_Chickens

• Bay Watcher
  • Ghosts are stored in the balls.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5446 on: March 02, 2019, 10:25:43 pm »

Argh why did I buy tickets to this thing?
I would have been better off staying at home. Though no doubt I would have been angry at myself for that, anyway...

Hey, wanna buy tickets to the vegan festival happening in Oslo come May 25th? There's a vegan Vietnamese restaurant with a booth, an Indonesian booth, and a vegan ice cream stand handing out free samples to market their new flavor.

Just in case you wanted to obligate yourself to more things that are unrealistic or complicated.

I keep trying to process vegan ice cream, and I can't comprehend what that would be, but I can't imagine it would be pleasant

EDIT: I'll be honest, I forgot there are plants that give "milk" that makes way more sense now
nyeheheheheh
tiddy plant
Ghosts are stored in the balls?[/quote]
also George_Chickens quit fucking my sister

methylatedspirit

• Bay Watcher
  • it/its
    • View Profile
« Reply #5447 on: March 02, 2019, 10:27:43 pm »

Yeah, but can butter be made out of these plant-based milks?

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5448 on: March 03, 2019, 12:05:17 am »

I dunno about butter (I've always preferred other types of spread anyway), but the vegan magnums I've been eating taste identical to the dairy kind. :o
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Trekkin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5449 on: March 03, 2019, 12:14:57 am »

Well, yes and no, depending on whether peanut butter is butter.

methylatedspirit

• Bay Watcher
  • it/its
    • View Profile
« Reply #5450 on: March 03, 2019, 12:16:53 am »

For my purposes, peanut butter is different from butter butter. They don't taste similar, so I guess they fit in different categories.

Doomblade187

• Bay Watcher
  • Requires music to get through the working day.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5451 on: March 03, 2019, 12:45:38 am »

@Josh, please don't let your emotions bottle up. That's not healthy for you.
In any case it would be a battle of critical thinking and I refuse to fight an unarmed individual.
One mustn't stare into the pathos, lest one become Pathos.

Trekkin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5452 on: March 03, 2019, 12:47:49 am »

For my purposes, peanut butter is different from butter butter. They don't taste similar, so I guess they fit in different categories.

The best and least helpful answer is probably "kind of", then. The butter that can be made from soy milk and/or nut milk is chemically closer to an extremely soft cheese, being made by adding acid-curdled soy milk to oil and emulsifying. You can't just blend plant milks into butter by themselves.

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #5453 on: March 03, 2019, 01:28:33 am »

I like trading card games but man they turn me in to such a terrible loser.
This game is Curtain Fire Shooting Game.
Girls do their best now and are preparing. Please watch warmly until it is ready.

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #5454 on: March 03, 2019, 04:49:47 am »

Well, yes and no, depending on whether peanut butter is butter.

Peanut butter is only butter if it's peanuts mixed with butter.

It would be much simpler if you would just call butter "smear" like we do in Swedish. Do you smear it in things? Then it's smear. Peanut smear, garlic smear, coconut smear, smear oil, it's all the same.
Love, scriver~

methylatedspirit

• Bay Watcher
  • it/its
    • View Profile
« Reply #5455 on: March 03, 2019, 05:02:41 am »

My mind is now oversaturated with the word "smear", and now it's meaningless to me.

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #5456 on: March 03, 2019, 05:17:39 am »

I haven't seen any particularly good veggie butters, but there are a few margarines that are perfectly decent for cooking purposes. But no, it's not butter and you better believe it.

Ice cream, on the other hand, works just fine. This particular company is called "Oatly" and, as one might expect, focuses on oat-based products. They've got a chocolate milk that's actually really good, I honestly prefer it to the dairy chocolate milks you can buy around here. Never tried their ice cream before, but I've seen it. Their general style is painfully hipster, however...

In the states we mostly went for stuff from Silk. Silk has an exceptionally smooth and tasty chocolate milk, and they have a line of very creamy ice creams as well. The good stuff definitely exists, but there are plenty of butt-end manufacturers that make bad products as well... as with anything else.

methylatedspirit

• Bay Watcher
  • it/its
    • View Profile
« Reply #5457 on: March 03, 2019, 05:37:40 am »

I'm thinking that this vegan stuff is niche at best, and will command prohibitive prices or be outright unavailable where I live.

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #5458 on: March 03, 2019, 05:55:40 am »

The pricing is definitely an issue, quite often. While they don't have the expense of cattle raising to factor into the product, they also don't have the established market and subsidies that "Big Meat" and the milk lobby have brought to conventional products. And there's still a lot of stigma around vegan food, not least of which because it's associated with vegans.

That said, there have been some real improvements in the production technology compared to older attempts. Tofurkey now is almost edible, compared to the semi-solid lump that was early 00's Tofurkey... So some of the stigma was well-deserved, it just doesn't apply as much now as it did several years ago.

methylatedspirit

• Bay Watcher
  • it/its
    • View Profile
« Reply #5459 on: March 03, 2019, 06:01:48 am »

Huh, I ate meat substitute and fish while I was in Australia, but that's mostly from paranoia about Australian meat not meeting my parent's religious standards. I can't remember much of it, but I think it's because those memories have been "purged" in my Post-Edgelord phase of 2017-18.
Pages: 1 ... 362 363 [364] 365 366 ... 771