Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 363 364 [365] 366 367 ... 771

Author Topic: Things that made you mildly upset today thread  (Read 819986 times)

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you mildly sad today thread
« Reply #5460 on: March 03, 2019, 11:14:55 am »

I have a goto soy "minced meat substitute" (whatever you want to call it, "minced soy mix" works in Swedish) that is perfectly fine for most minced-meat-based dishes. It ends up a little more spongey than meat, so I wouldn't try making big fat burger patties from it or anything, but for thinner patties or stuff you cut thin like meatloaf it works fine.

I also tried a Christmas ham substitute that I really liked - it didn't really taste or feel much like ham do but it had a very smokey flavour that I enjoyed, particularly as sandwich material (which is how I ate it).

"Oatly"

I fucking hate them so much
Love, scriver~

CABL

• Bay Watcher
  • Has a fetish for voring the rich
    • View Profile
« Reply #5461 on: March 03, 2019, 11:57:58 am »

My headset died, so now I use "audiophile" headphones. Good for music, meh for vidya.
Pounded in the Butt by my own Government... oh wait, that's real life.

Much less active than I used to be on these forums, but I still visit them on occasion. Will probably resume my activity in full once Dwarf Fortress will be released on Steam.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5462 on: March 03, 2019, 06:08:20 pm »

I mean, mock meats are easy. You can get really good ones at the supermarket (as opposed to some niche specialty store) and they aren't even expensive these days.

Vegan ice cream, on the other hand, still tends to be rather expensive unless you're keen enough to make your own. Hence why I was pretty stoked about those half-price magnums a while back.

Mild sad: a lot of failure at social interaction last night. Nothing harmful or embarrassing, just... being unable to engage with people, whether due to my deafness, shyness, highness or just being on an entirely different wavelength I am not sure.

Oh, also, speaking of ice cream: I still haven't had a chance to try those new vegan cornettos.
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #5463 on: March 03, 2019, 06:24:45 pm »

So it might be that my possibilities of getting something permanent here were dead on water before I even stafted, despite vague promises to the contrary (vague promises to the reverse, even)

This is not the same as saying I'll be out of a job. I'm fairly sure they kind of want me to chain contracts for a couple of years.

But I'm not sure I can be arsed to.
There's two kinds of performance reviews: the one you make they don't read, the one they make whilst they sharpen their daggers
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

TD1

• Bay Watcher
  • Childe Roland to the Dark Tower Came
    • View Profile
« Reply #5464 on: March 03, 2019, 07:12:40 pm »

"Might"?
Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination
  TD1 has claimed the title of Penblessed the Endless Fountain of Epics!
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #5465 on: March 03, 2019, 07:21:12 pm »

It's complex to explain and based on a lot of small signs and very subjective impressions. Lets just say I have a bad feeling about this.

Again, even if I'm right I'd likely remain under contract for a while if I so wished. And, really, in the last two years I was only unemployed twice, and only because I wanted to take a break between contracts (which I might well do again if my suspicions turn out correct)
I'm not really concerned about  a lack of job options. I'm just...  tired of dritfing around.

« Last Edit: March 03, 2019, 07:27:08 pm by ChairmanPoo »
There's two kinds of performance reviews: the one you make they don't read, the one they make whilst they sharpen their daggers
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #5466 on: March 03, 2019, 09:46:38 pm »

You should just go on vacation to a beach or something, so I can call you the basking Basque.

I’m sad there appear to be no synonyms for drifting which start with B that I can be bothered to find at 9pm.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5467 on: March 04, 2019, 12:07:58 am »

🅱️rifting?
Booze is Life for Yoink

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #5468 on: March 04, 2019, 08:27:59 am »

Right. So, I'm feeling reasonably decent after last night's escapades, but I'm still looking at an entire day filled with mild to moderate nausea because fuck my alcohol tolerance.

We had a couple towels on the floor of the bathroom, because that's apparently where towels are stored. I mean, the one was used as a sort of dog-drying station/bathmat, but it didn't necessarily need to stay down there (except it kinda does, because we don't have any goddamn storage space for anything besides makeup). Since these were things and they were on the floor, the dogs had adapted to using them as an in-house outhouse, and they'd both been peed on. The one in particular was nice and crusty yellow.

Then one of them got wet because our shower cabinet leaks like a bastard and also the drain clogs up all the damn time because using and cleaning the removable hair trap is hard and icky. I mean, sure, you need to remove and clean the thing out 4-5 times over the course of a shower to prevent flooding, but it honestly does help the main drain last longer. It's been a long time now since I last melted the biomass down in those pipes, so I suppose the flooding is more or less on schedule.

Since the one towel got wet, apparently both of them needed to be hung up to dry. Without having the urine rinsed out of them first. By the time I woke up today, the whole apartment reeked of dog piss, which wasn't doing my stomach's stability any favors.

I only really noticed it after taking the dogs for a walk first and experiencing fresh, sooty inner-city air. Then I opened the door coming home and was met by the wall of piss-air and just about lost yesterday's lunch.

I tried rinsing them out in the shower without getting myself completely wet, but that's bound to fail on account of the showerhead being poorly connected and spewing streams of water in three different directions. And also the towels are saturated with hair from lying on the floor, so the shower cabinet kept overfilling and sloshing over the sides, onto me and my socks.

The one towel has at least had the outer layer of piss crystals removed now, and I punched the window open to air things out a bit (it's been sealed shut for the past couple weeks, because outside is cold and heating is expensive, or so I am told).

All in a day's hork.

Also I'm reminded that the youngest still is in dire need of veterinary attention, which I guess falls to me to arrange and pay for as it's clear nobody else is going to; and that the one thing that brings me happiness is hopelessly expensive on my "congratulations on being an invalid" pity pay.

Oh right, and the trip to Poland wasn't as planned out as I'd been lead to believe, and in fact I have no place to stay while there.

EDIT: Did I mention that this building's private laundromat charges a little over $2 per wash or dry? And that you can only access them via a specific card which can only be filled by handing cash to the building's super on the days and times when he's actually available for making such a transaction?

No?

Well, there it is.

Iduno

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5469 on: March 04, 2019, 09:52:42 am »

EDIT: Did I mention that this building's private laundromat charges a little over $2 per wash or dry? And that you can only access them via a specific card which can only be filled by handing cash to the building's super on the days and times when he's actually available for making such a transaction?

No?

Well, there it is.

Don't worry about those cards. They only last ~6 months-1 year. I think it's ~$5 for a new one here.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5470 on: March 04, 2019, 04:39:14 pm »

The bogan family strikes the asthmatic in the lungs with its second-hand smoke! The severed part sails off in an arc!
Booze is Life for Yoink

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #5471 on: March 05, 2019, 02:58:50 pm »

God damn I hate driving manual so goddamn much. It's like having a stack of tax documents in the passenger seat, and every time I want to speed up or slow down I have to fill them out in triplicate left-handed. And if I mess up I kill the engine and might die. I hate every single thing that there is to hate about this car.
This game is Curtain Fire Shooting Game.
Girls do their best now and are preparing. Please watch warmly until it is ready.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5472 on: March 05, 2019, 04:32:21 pm »

Feels like my medicine is stuck in my throat this morning. Maybe that's why they said to take it after food? No, that doesn't make sense, otherwise you'd have to take every pill after food.
I did more-or-less take it after food, but it was a few minutes after I finished breakfast before I remembered to do so.

Will it still take effect if it's lodged down there? Or will it be dissolved uselessly? I have no idea. I'm guzzling water but I still can't seem to knock the damn thing loose.
Booze is Life for Yoink

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #5473 on: March 05, 2019, 04:39:04 pm »

If it burns like fuck, that means it's dissolving. Or, rather, it means you're swallowing a pill marked "dissolve in water" directly because dissolving it in water takes longer and tastes like non-euclidean ass. Take it from me.

I'd recommend trying to dislodge it by drinking a lot of water. Some methods of delivery work best in certain situations (which is why the "take with meals" or "take after meals" is a thing, since the stomach acid and intestines will be working differently and the pill will either be in food or not be in food, which matters in a way that a smart person could tell you), and having a pill stuck in your throat is just all-round unpleasant anyways.

But do bear in mind that your throat is actually quite stupid at times, and that the residual coating of a pill that was stuck to the back of your throat will still feel like the whole pill is back there.

George_Chickens

• Bay Watcher
  • Ghosts are stored in the balls.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5474 on: March 05, 2019, 09:30:29 pm »

Feels like my medicine is stuck in my throat this morning. Maybe that's why they said to take it after food? No, that doesn't make sense, otherwise you'd have to take every pill after food.
I did more-or-less take it after food, but it was a few minutes after I finished breakfast before I remembered to do so.

Will it still take effect if it's lodged down there? Or will it be dissolved uselessly? I have no idea. I'm guzzling water but I still can't seem to knock the damn thing loose.
I take big pills with a glass of milk to prevent this feeling. The creamy, fatty milk kind of coats my throat so it goes down easier and doesn't leave the gross pill sensation.
Ghosts are stored in the balls?[/quote]
also George_Chickens quit fucking my sister
Pages: 1 ... 363 364 [365] 366 367 ... 771