Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 364 365 [366] 367 368 ... 771

Author Topic: Things that made you mildly upset today thread  (Read 819423 times)

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
  • Baal's More Evil American Twin
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you mildly sad today thread
« Reply #5475 on: March 06, 2019, 06:24:51 am »

*tries to resist telling one of his drug addict stories*
Well, we could put two and two together and write a book: "The Shit that Hans and Max Did: You Won't Believe This Shit."
He's fucking with us.

Castlecliff

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5476 on: March 06, 2019, 05:14:37 pm »

I'll listen.

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #5477 on: March 06, 2019, 05:24:42 pm »

*tries to resist telling one of his drug addict stories*
Listen man, $20 is $20... We all understand that.

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5478 on: March 06, 2019, 07:49:30 pm »

I took 20~ Dramamine once... For three or so days. They are the fucking worst to get stuck in your throat. That bittergent anabuse shit coats your mouth for DAYS. But a dedicated person looks past that and ruthlessly tortures themselves to get unpleasantly high.
Well, we could put two and two together and write a book: "The Shit that Hans and Max Did: You Won't Believe This Shit."
He's fucking with us.

TD1

• Bay Watcher
  • Childe Roland to the Dark Tower Came
    • View Profile
« Reply #5479 on: March 06, 2019, 07:53:49 pm »

I 'forgot' my sugar-reduction diet and ate like half a box of chocolates at once.

Oops.
Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination
  TD1 has claimed the title of Penblessed the Endless Fountain of Epics!
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5480 on: March 06, 2019, 08:08:14 pm »

I don't intake sugar, caffeine or nicotine, weirdly. Only three things I never crave. I'd do some coke, x, or shrooms at the drop of a hat, but avoid sugar nicotine, and caffeine like the plague.
He's fucking with us.

TD1

• Bay Watcher
  • Childe Roland to the Dark Tower Came
    • View Profile
« Reply #5481 on: March 06, 2019, 08:15:39 pm »

My main problem is that eating a large quantity of unhealthy foods has never had any negative effects on me whatsoever. It struck me rather recently that on the whole this is not a sustainable approach.

Sugar and caffeine being my main issues, I guess. I've been fairly good since the New Year, and have cut back hugely. No more fizzy drinks, no more energy drinks. No more McDonald's either. Biscuits, crisps etc. were nearly completely excised with only the odd (and small) indulgence. But I took a lot today.

Ah well, tomorrow's a new day.

Incidentally, in terms of caffeine I think I need a bit. I take a cup of tea per day, rarely two. Shouldn't do me any harm.
« Last Edit: March 06, 2019, 08:19:43 pm by Th4DwArfY1 »
Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination
  TD1 has claimed the title of Penblessed the Endless Fountain of Epics!
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #5482 on: March 06, 2019, 08:41:03 pm »

I apparently like drinking fizzy things out of bottles, but I drink diet, uncaffeinated soda so I’m totally healthy.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5483 on: March 07, 2019, 02:32:03 am »

Ugh. I had planned on cooking some lunch/dinner but now I'm feeling nauseous again so that doesn't seem like such a good idea.
Hopefully this clears up later so I can actually eat something other than toast...
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

methylatedspirit

• Bay Watcher
  • it/its
    • View Profile
« Reply #5484 on: March 07, 2019, 02:40:57 am »

On the topic of caffeine, I managed to overdose on it a few weeks ago. On the morning of that horrible day, I took 3 heaped tablespoonfuls of instant coffee crystals, put that into a cup, poured hot water into the cup, and drank the incredibly strong coffee that resulted.
An hour after, I felt amazing, like I could take on the world. Probably the closest to a high that I will ever get.
Then, around 2 to 4 hours later, the massive crash came. Over the course of that day, I was scared, paranoid of the idea that I would alienate everyone around me, and it'd be my own damned fault.
The two sides of my brain, the two sides which I had intended to only fight each other, had gained enough power to override the rational part of my brain. These two sides, united in their hatred for the rest of the brain, started digging through my memories. They presented the worst memories to my already-underdeveloped "social" part of my mind. This "social" part reacted by screaming in agony, prompting the "rational" part of my mind to take a look at the mess. In most cases, this leads to an approximate solution to a problem.
Unfortunately, it seemed like the problem-solving machine was severely overworked, failing to converge to any solution no matter how it looked at the problem that was staring right at it. Errors cropped up left and right, about how 'this' would do 'that', all of them feeding into this paranoia of being alone, of not having anyone to count on when times get tough.
And so, I was extremely scared, irrationally so. I felt that everyone was out to 'get' me, conspiring to isolate me from everyone that I had ever known. At the same time, I knew that such a thing is many layers of impossible, but by this point, my mind was blazing, desperately trying to figure something out that wasn't along the lines of 'you will die alone, and your death will be celebrated by all 7 billion people on this planet'.
Somehow, I managed to recover from that self-inflicted hell, but, honestly, I can't really dismiss those concerns. While obviously exaggerated, it's not like the conclusions drawn on that day were all baseless. Frankly, I'm not sure what to say. I could say that I can't control the opinions of others about me, but that's a bleak outlook on life that I can't take. I don't know.

George_Chickens

• Bay Watcher
  • Ghosts are stored in the balls.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5485 on: March 07, 2019, 04:05:16 am »

On the topic of caffeine, I managed to overdose on it a few weeks ago. On the morning of that horrible day, I took 3 heaped tablespoonfuls of instant coffee crystals
You sure those were coffee crystals?
Ghosts are stored in the balls?[/quote]
also George_Chickens quit fucking my sister

George_Chickens

• Bay Watcher
  • Ghosts are stored in the balls.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5486 on: March 07, 2019, 04:12:55 am »

Ugh. I had planned on cooking some lunch/dinner but now I'm feeling nauseous again so that doesn't seem like such a good idea.
Hopefully this clears up later so I can actually eat something other than toast...
Get some cruskets and dry biscuits, don't think of making a meal. It'll just make you sicker.
Ghosts are stored in the balls?[/quote]
also George_Chickens quit fucking my sister

methylatedspirit

• Bay Watcher
  • it/its
    • View Profile
« Reply #5487 on: March 07, 2019, 04:21:06 am »

They looked brown, they taste bitter and coffee-ish and when dissolved in hot water, forms a very coffee-like solution that, when consumed, makes me feel more awake than I actually am. Therefore, I am inclined to believe that it was indeed coffee.
The intended amount was probably one non-heaped tablespoon, and even that's pushing the limits.
Seriously, it's basically pure coffee, no sugar, no cream, just crystallized coffee. Short of shoving caffeine pills into my mouth, then chewing, that's pretty much the most concentrated form of caffeine I have access to.   

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5488 on: March 07, 2019, 05:55:38 am »

Yeah, most drugs I've done, three heaped spoonfuls would put a nonaddict into shock/overdose.

The scariest drug I've done is ether though. Shit was terrifying.
He's fucking with us.

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #5489 on: March 07, 2019, 07:21:15 am »

Yeah, most drugs I've done, three heaped spoonfuls would put a nonaddict into shock/overdose.

The scariest drug I've done is ether though. Shit was terrifying.
Then you'll be thrilled to know that diethyl ether is used in the production of cocaine!

Fun times.
Pages: 1 ... 364 365 [366] 367 368 ... 771