Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 366 367 [368] 369 370 ... 771

Author Topic: Things that made you mildly upset today thread  (Read 819651 times)

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
  • Duggin was the hero we needed.
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you mildly sad today thread
« Reply #5505 on: March 12, 2019, 08:37:43 pm »

I have gotten like 4 hours of sleep a night for like 2 weeks.

I should be way sadder than I am.
FACT I: Post note art is best art.
FACT II: Dunamisdeos is a forum-certified wordsmith.
FACT III: "All life begins with Post-it notes and ends with Post-it notes. This is the truth! This is my belief!...At least for now."
FACT IV: SPEECHO THE TRUSTWORM IS YOUR FRIEND or BEHOLD: THE FRUIT ENGINE 3.0

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #5506 on: March 12, 2019, 09:05:32 pm »

I have gotten like 4 hours of sleep a night for like 2 weeks.

I should be way sadder than I am.

Probably the brain damage and loss of concentration. It just works!

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #5508 on: March 13, 2019, 02:24:30 pm »

I hate driving, I really hate driving a manual transmission, and I really really hate driving with my mother in the passenger's seat. I'm starting to think that I might end up like the other people in my apartments, 30+ years old and never had a license or owned a car, riding the bus everywhere for everything, having to depend on generosity if I need to go anywhere further than the immediate vicinity.
This game is Curtain Fire Shooting Game.
Girls do their best now and are preparing. Please watch warmly until it is ready.

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #5509 on: March 13, 2019, 02:32:16 pm »

Oh, right, I was going to try and crank out an LP update today, after [checks hand] more than a month without activity.

But no. Was not to be.

I'd get griped at now if I tried.

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
  • Duggin was the hero we needed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5510 on: March 13, 2019, 02:50:32 pm »

Blame the wombats. i wouldn't bat an eye.
FACT I: Post note art is best art.
FACT II: Dunamisdeos is a forum-certified wordsmith.
FACT III: "All life begins with Post-it notes and ends with Post-it notes. This is the truth! This is my belief!...At least for now."
FACT IV: SPEECHO THE TRUSTWORM IS YOUR FRIEND or BEHOLD: THE FRUIT ENGINE 3.0

Doomblade187

• Bay Watcher
  • Requires music to get through the working day.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5511 on: March 13, 2019, 04:21:10 pm »

I hate driving, I really hate driving a manual transmission, and I really really hate driving with my mother in the passenger's seat. I'm starting to think that I might end up like the other people in my apartments, 30+ years old and never had a license or owned a car, riding the bus everywhere for everything, having to depend on generosity if I need to go anywhere further than the immediate vicinity.
Are therr no cheap automatic vehicles available?

Also, assuming US here, but often, paying for ridesharing as needed can be cheaper than owning a car, as long as you don't have to deal with surge charges.
In any case it would be a battle of critical thinking and I refuse to fight an unarmed individual.
One mustn't stare into the pathos, lest one become Pathos.

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #5512 on: March 13, 2019, 04:23:30 pm »

Also, assuming US here, but often, paying for ridesharing as needed can be cheaper than owning a car, as long as you don't have to deal with surge charges.

Ridesharing apps don't operate in my town due to some legal thing I don't really know the details of. Besides, it's not the actual doing that gets me down; it's the concept of having to sit around and wait and depend on somebody else to go somewhere, whether it's family, the bus/taxi driver or a rideshare.

And at my income, "cheap" means <$1000 cash. At that level there's a high possibility of buying a lemon. Buying from a dealership on a payment plan is out of the question for at least a year while I get my dental work paid off, and even then it's an extreme risk.
« Last Edit: March 13, 2019, 04:26:31 pm by itisnotlogical »
This game is Curtain Fire Shooting Game.
Girls do their best now and are preparing. Please watch warmly until it is ready.

Doomblade187

• Bay Watcher
  • Requires music to get through the working day.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5513 on: March 13, 2019, 04:25:13 pm »

Ridesharing apps don't operate in my town due to some legal thing I don't really know the details of. Besides, it's not the actual doing that gets me down; it's the concept of having to sit around and wait and depend on somebody else to go somewhere, whether it's family, the bus/taxi driver or a rideshare.
Ah, understandable.
In any case it would be a battle of critical thinking and I refuse to fight an unarmed individual.
One mustn't stare into the pathos, lest one become Pathos.

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #5514 on: March 13, 2019, 04:55:04 pm »

Some countries also just completely shun automatic transmissions because... Well, because.

I'm looking at you, Norway. No, "Manual transmission has better handling on snow" is not a reason I'm prepared to accept.

methylatedspirit

• Bay Watcher
  • it/its
    • View Profile
« Reply #5515 on: March 13, 2019, 05:36:15 pm »

What is it like to drive on snow, anyway?

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
  • Baal's More Evil American Twin
    • View Profile
« Reply #5516 on: March 13, 2019, 06:46:35 pm »

What is it like to drive on snow, anyway?

Like driving in rain but worse.
Well, we could put two and two together and write a book: "The Shit that Hans and Max Did: You Won't Believe This Shit."
He's fucking with us.

ggamer

• Bay Watcher
  • Reach Heaven through Violence
    • View Profile
« Reply #5517 on: March 13, 2019, 07:55:57 pm »

I'm getting very... stir crazy, lately. I was supposed to go with some friends to the beach this week, but I passed since I have so much going on rn and I didn't think going on a week long bender would be the healthiest thing for me. I know academically that I made the right decision, but I'm feeling lonely and more than a little frustrated, and I know that usually the one thing that breaks me out of this kind of mood is a few good hours of drinking & socializing. Unfortunately, everyone's out of town :(

McTraveller

• Bay Watcher
  • This text isn't very personal.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5518 on: March 13, 2019, 08:08:36 pm »

I've been super busy this week.  And not sleeping well (it's really hard to get good sleep when family members are asleep).

I can't relax...

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5519 on: March 13, 2019, 08:12:12 pm »

Facebook is malfunctioning. The horror, the horror.
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.
Pages: 1 ... 366 367 [368] 369 370 ... 771