Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 367 368 [369] 370 371 ... 771

Author Topic: Things that made you mildly upset today thread  (Read 819776 times)

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you mildly sad today thread
« Reply #5520 on: March 13, 2019, 08:20:11 pm »

Bleeeh, I think this kelp would be pretty good if they didn't literally encrust it in salt xP

I cooked it in with two whole whole cups of rice, and the result is still kinda briney.  I added some red miso too, but I didn't think it was much...  Meh, adding water is helping.
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #5521 on: March 13, 2019, 09:44:38 pm »

Some countries also just completely shun automatic transmissions because... Well, because.

I'm looking at you, Norway. No, "Manual transmission has better handling on snow" is not a reason I'm prepared to accept.

*lives in Wisconsin, Winter lasts for 5 months, automatic cars everywhere*

I’ve was fun today though. It’s been icy for about a month in my apartment building’s parking lot, not really slippy until it rained overnight, so now there’s nice pleasant plain ground prior to an inch thick vista of ice which is very wet and very slippy

The residential road prior to my driveway also has two... I guess rails? of clean ground between the thick ice, and then it’s like driving over rocks getting into the driveway because all that ice is partially melted in spots and is consequently very uneven, prior to parking on the death trap vista you have to park on.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

IcyTea31

• Bay Watcher
  • Studying functions and fiction
    • View Profile
« Reply #5522 on: March 14, 2019, 03:25:54 am »

What is it like to drive on snow, anyway?
*EUROBEAT INTENSIFIES*

Context: closed track, several modern safety features disabled (ABS, ESP etc.), competitive racing and time-taking forbidden. Finnish car clubs often hold "ice-track days" in winters. I actually did the slippery weather practice required to qualify for a license on one (most just hose down a track with water), and it probably helped: on the way back, with all the safety features re-enabled, I was talking with my passengers, when the car suddenly lost traction. I managed to regain control without even breaking the sentence I was saying.
There is a world yet only seen by physicists and magicians.

Rockeater

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5523 on: March 15, 2019, 10:30:48 am »

Well, after reading the entire course material, I go to the grade work itself and find out I don't know almost anything about how to solve it.
Damnit people, this is why I said to keep the truce. Because now everyone's ganging up on the cats.
Also, don't forget to contact your local Eldritch Being(s), so that they can help with our mission to destroy the universe.

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #5524 on: March 15, 2019, 02:15:11 pm »

There is not a single hobby or interest in the world that isn't filled with snobby elitists that ruin it for me.
This game is Curtain Fire Shooting Game.
Girls do their best now and are preparing. Please watch warmly until it is ready.

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #5525 on: March 15, 2019, 02:27:27 pm »

There is not a single hobby or interest in the world that isn't filled with snobby elitists that ruin it for me.
Have you tried Hermitry? I've never known the hermit community to be anything other than friendly and welcoming.

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #5526 on: March 15, 2019, 02:31:11 pm »

I'm sure one of them would break their isolation long enough to tell me that my shack isn't run-down enough, and has the wrong kind of vines and weeds overgrowing around it.
Girls do their best now and are preparing. Please watch warmly until it is ready.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5527 on: March 15, 2019, 03:40:24 pm »

Too many dreams about falling in love and giving dogs heimlich manoeuvres, not enough restful sleep. I feel like I haven't slept at all. Maybe I was cold during the night without realising it.
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #5528 on: March 15, 2019, 04:53:34 pm »

Could be worse... Could be giving love to dogs and falling into Heimlich maneuvers.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5529 on: March 15, 2019, 08:11:16 pm »

I'd be quite okay with giving platonic love to dogs, at least...

In other mildly sad news, I am on the train to an all-day gig and just now realised I forgot to finish drinking the can of energy drink I opened earlier. I could have brought it with me. Faaaark.
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

TD1

• Bay Watcher
  • Childe Roland to the Dark Tower Came
    • View Profile
« Reply #5530 on: March 16, 2019, 12:09:07 am »

As someone who drank energy drinks quite a bit, I'd recommend quitting. You feel consistently better.

Then again, it is nice and bubbly.

Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination
  TD1 has claimed the title of Penblessed the Endless Fountain of Epics!
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #5531 on: March 16, 2019, 12:09:30 am »

Why are printers, scanners and copiers stuck in the 2000s? I have more esoteric and more numerous issues with printers than any other kind of technology today. And that's without somebody in the printer room "helping" while I'm trying to print from the other room.

George_Chickens

• Bay Watcher
  • Ghosts are stored in the balls.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5532 on: March 16, 2019, 12:24:43 am »

Why are printers, scanners and copiers stuck in the 2000s? I have more esoteric and more numerous issues with printers than any other kind of technology today. And that's without somebody in the printer room "helping" while I'm trying to print from the other room.
Because printer companies are an evil cartel.
Ghosts are stored in the balls?[/quote]
also George_Chickens quit fucking my sister

McTraveller

• Bay Watcher
  • This text isn't very personal.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5533 on: March 16, 2019, 10:53:05 am »

I think I'm in some kind of weird confluence of device-failure.  Minor things like desk lamp switch failing, an HDMI cable failing, and now I'm pretty sure the alternator on my car is dying.

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #5534 on: March 16, 2019, 12:35:57 pm »

I watched a new LGR video about a kid's digital camera. It's an interesting, thoughtful snapshot of what high-end kid's toys were like in the 90's and LGR's own thoughts about his obsession with kid's computer software from that era.

So of course the You$Tube$ $$$algorithm$$$ got hungry for ad clicks and decided to fill my recommendations with those creepy toy channels that just feature hours and hours and hours of kids playing with expensive toys and going on extravagant vacations. Given that I already see the same five channels over and over again in my recommendations no matter how many times I click "not interested," I guess this will just be the state of affairs for as long as YouTube exists (so, eternity.)
Pages: 1 ... 367 368 [369] 370 371 ... 771