Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 379 380 [381] 382 383 ... 771

Author Topic: Things that made you mildly upset today thread  (Read 819674 times)

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
  • Duggin was the hero we needed.
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you mildly sad today thread
« Reply #5700 on: April 16, 2019, 01:06:55 pm »

God do I just get so upset when I'm trying to learn on Brilliant.org. Combined with my horrid indecisiveness, I've canceled and uncanceled my subscription 10+ times now. I don't like that it threatens me to jack the price up if I ever decide to come back, but I'm also not sure if I'm just being a pissy bitch that is way too insecure about being proven to be a retard by a website.

It's such a minor issue, but it makes me feel like the culmination of who I am is basically worthless and I've failed at life; then again, no issue seems to be too minor to be an existential threat nowadays. Between my utterly bafflingly stupid logical reasoning at times, and my increasingly piss poor memory for the simplest things, I just wish I had an outside perspective in my life so my day-to-day "logical reasoning" isn't just me screaming at myself in my own mental echo chamber. I guess that's just the primary drawback of every day of my life being alone and subsequently a battle against loneliness.

Nah man, look. Everybody starts knowing something about a particular subject as a (colorfully put) retard. It's ok not to know something and it's ok to have a hard time getting it.

I was once fucking terrible at most of the things I'm good at now. My best skill is my social skills, and I had like 2 friends in school growing up because I was so nervous/nonchalant about anything related to social activity. I honed the skill over a long period of time. It doesn't make you stupid, just inexperienced.
FACT I: Post note art is best art.
FACT II: Dunamisdeos is a forum-certified wordsmith.
FACT III: "All life begins with Post-it notes and ends with Post-it notes. This is the truth! This is my belief!...At least for now."
FACT IV: SPEECHO THE TRUSTWORM IS YOUR FRIEND or BEHOLD: THE FRUIT ENGINE 3.0

TD1

• Bay Watcher
  • Childe Roland to the Dark Tower Came
    • View Profile
« Reply #5701 on: April 16, 2019, 01:10:57 pm »

Ignorance does not an idiot make.

Inability to learn and adapt doth an idiot make.
Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination
  TD1 has claimed the title of Penblessed the Endless Fountain of Epics!
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5702 on: April 16, 2019, 01:12:53 pm »

Ya, your willingness to learn is basically the most important mindset you can have. Go for it.
FACT III: "All life begins with Post-it notes and ends with Post-it notes. This is the truth! This is my belief!...At least for now."

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #5703 on: April 16, 2019, 01:22:39 pm »

Ya, your willingness to learn is basically the most important mindset you can have. Go for it.

So where do knowledge retention and ability to focus factor into this?

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5704 on: April 16, 2019, 01:30:47 pm »

God do I just get so upset when I'm trying to learn on Brilliant.org. Combined with my horrid indecisiveness, I've canceled and uncanceled my subscription 10+ times now. I don't like that it threatens me to jack the price up if I ever decide to come back, but I'm also not sure if I'm just being a pissy bitch that is way too insecure about being proven to be a retard by a website.

It's such a minor issue, but it makes me feel like the culmination of who I am is basically worthless and I've failed at life; then again, no issue seems to be too minor to be an existential threat nowadays. Between my utterly bafflingly stupid logical reasoning at times, and my increasingly piss poor memory for the simplest things, I just wish I had an outside perspective in my life so my day-to-day "logical reasoning" isn't just me screaming at myself in my own mental echo chamber. I guess that's just the primary drawback of every day of my life being alone and subsequently a battle against loneliness.

Nah man, look. Everybody starts knowing something about a particular subject as a (colorfully put) retard. It's ok not to know something and it's ok to have a hard time getting it.

I was once fucking terrible at most of the things I'm good at now. My best skill is my social skills, and I had like 2 friends in school growing up because I was so nervous/nonchalant about anything related to social activity. I honed the skill over a long period of time. It doesn't make you stupid, just inexperienced.

I'm guessing I'll just cancel, I was stressing about it since the subscription lapses tomorrow. When I have so little going on in my life, every little thing has the implied sentiment of "I can't fuck this up, I have to make this count, I have to do it good, good enough that it makes up for the shittiness and emptiness of my life." and of course I can't think straight or do anything right when that is the music playing in my mind.

I mentioned joining the Air Force, one thing that's been promised is that the days will be very busy, with every minute of the day being allocated to something. Honestly that just sounds great, I think a lot of my incessant problems stem just from me having too much time to think about them. The heavy urgency and action of the military life might be very shocking to my very uneventful and meandering life, but that basically sums up my personality, and that is something that deserves to be destroyed with great force anyway. It'd be nice to be able to re-make myself into a new man, that's the best outcome.

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5705 on: April 16, 2019, 01:32:03 pm »

Also learned skills, unless you have some kind of learning disability, which can almost certainly be managed. IME confidence is also a huge factor in overcoming those obstacles.

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #5706 on: April 16, 2019, 01:58:55 pm »

Also learned skills, unless you have some kind of learning disability, which can almost certainly be managed. IME confidence is also a huge factor in overcoming those obstacles.

They're also both worsened by depression and anxiety! Which is a great laugh if you're looking to accumulate knowledge as a means of improving your self image and combating depressive ideation.

It may be helpful to pick up a simple and pleasant hobby, such as cooking.

TD1

• Bay Watcher
  • Childe Roland to the Dark Tower Came
    • View Profile
« Reply #5707 on: April 16, 2019, 02:02:52 pm »

Indeed. Intelligence is not limited to academia, not by any means. I take pride in some of the essays I have written; most people I knew in school couldn't write what I write, nor understand large parts of it.

Many of those people are now mechanics whose knowledge of engines and creation astounds me, or else run their own businesses, or indeed craft many, many, many, many, many wooden saws. None of which I can do, or even understand large parts of.

In other words, do what you're good at and improve it. That is the core of non-idiocy IMO.
Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination
  TD1 has claimed the title of Penblessed the Endless Fountain of Epics!
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #5708 on: April 16, 2019, 07:34:44 pm »

I just spent an hour grinding Archives in Overwatch and the only skin I got was Circus-freaking-Junkrat. A skin I hate for a character I absolutely despise in both lore and gameplay.

Talk about first world problems, but it's still the most annoying thing that's happened to me all week.
This game is Curtain Fire Shooting Game.
Girls do their best now and are preparing. Please watch warmly until it is ready.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5709 on: April 17, 2019, 06:14:54 am »

I feel so ronery. 

But then again, I feel as though I most always feel this way. Not sure if this is a bad mood or a moment of clarity. :thonk:   
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #5710 on: April 17, 2019, 06:18:28 am »

This really just has not been my... [checks watch] ...decade.

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #5711 on: April 17, 2019, 10:53:33 am »

I tried an old, traditional recipe for sugar cookies. Three ingredients and a lot of whisking, how bad can it be?

It turns out it can be very bad. The things I made turned out more like very underdone pancakes with sugar than anything resembling a cookie.
This game is Curtain Fire Shooting Game.
Girls do their best now and are preparing. Please watch warmly until it is ready.

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
  • Baal's More Evil American Twin
    • View Profile
« Reply #5712 on: April 17, 2019, 11:39:05 am »

I tried an old, traditional recipe for sugar cookies. Three ingredients and a lot of whisking, how bad can it be?

It turns out it can be very bad. The things I made turned out more like very underdone pancakes with sugar than anything resembling a cookie.

New prank idea: make terrible useless recipes and spread them on Pinterest like a plague.
Well, we could put two and two together and write a book: "The Shit that Hans and Max Did: You Won't Believe This Shit."
He's fucking with us.

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #5713 on: April 17, 2019, 11:41:27 am »

New prank idea: make terrible useless recipes and spread them on Pinterest like a plague.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #5714 on: April 17, 2019, 11:44:19 am »

Ham goes great with banana

Hollandaise goes great with ham

Therefore Banana must go great with hollandaise

It's the Rule of Three
Love, scriver~