Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 389 390 [391] 392 393 ... 422

Author Topic: Things that made you mildly sad today thread  (Read 253804 times)

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you mildly sad today thread
« Reply #5850 on: May 01, 2019, 06:32:32 am »

I seem to recall you wanting rather badly to leave America. Do you think your recent experiences will make coming back different this time round?

Also, you’ve been a way for a while. Coming “home” may be like going to another foreign country as a lot of things are going to have changed while you were gone.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #5851 on: May 01, 2019, 10:33:01 pm »

Phlegm in my throat made me have a nightmare about swallowing a large piece of glass, which led to me lying half-awake for a few minutes unable to decide if I should try to breathe or move because I couldn't tell if the dream was real or not.
This game is Curtain Fire Shooting Game.
Girls do their best now and are preparing. Please watch warmly until it is ready.
I make games

Naxza

• Bay Watcher
  • Wanderer of Broken Worlds
    • View Profile
« Reply #5852 on: May 02, 2019, 07:12:13 am »

I seem to recall you wanting rather badly to leave America. Do you think your recent experiences will make coming back different this time round?

Also, you’ve been a way for a while. Coming “home” may be like going to another foreign country as a lot of things are going to have changed while you were gone.

I've got a little more perspective now, a little more calmness about the state of the world and the state of the country. That should make returning easier, and to be frank, the place hasn't upended itself, and state-by-state, it won't be all that much different. I think family will be a little more important to me this time around. Country is a little like family- love it or hate it, some part of you wants to hold its name in high standard and put things right when it's not. It's not nationalism, it's home.

A little part of me thinks that maybe letting my home country go is a little like letting my last relationship go. I'd be coming back to all the things I left and none of the creature comforts I'd built for myself, but those comforts are what I idealize the most. The keenest, sharpest points of a bygone love aren't the highest highs or the lowest lows, but the little calmnesses, the bedtime ritual, the bustle to the couch with a hot bowl full of dinner and the next episode of Cowboy Bebop on the TV, that little moment as your partner falls asleep on your chest, or whatever other soft nothing that fills the space between the joys, angers, and sorrows. I know that none of that awaits me on my return, if I return, but that what comes to mind when I think about going back. I realize also that this sort of idealism is probably what destroyed that relationship to begin with- a bitter pill, that!

I'll have new priorities with family if I go and stay home, but for the moment, I'm hopeful about a future here. I don't feel particularly trapped now, that's probably the biggest change, and that's pretty wonderful. It'll only get better once I get some form of motorized vehicle to get around, too. Ask again in a week, we'll have to see where I'm at!

scourge728

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5853 on: May 02, 2019, 07:15:27 am »

Again in a week?

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Naxza

• Bay Watcher
  • Wanderer of Broken Worlds
    • View Profile
« Reply #5854 on: May 02, 2019, 07:17:16 am »

Yes, again in a week.

Two can play at this game! But it'll be one, 'cuz I'm gonna go pass the fuck out now. Good night and good morning, everyone else.

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5855 on: May 02, 2019, 07:52:18 am »

Have you heard about Ulysses syndrome? It spins around how migrants/expats end up feeling like they dont fit either at home or abroad

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.psychologytoday.com/intl/blog/lying-the-philosophers-couch/201807/ulysses-syndrome%3famp

I feel very identified with this bit
I asked them all the same questions: “Do you feel home where you are now? Or, do you want to come back?” The answer was always the same: “I don’t feel at home now and I don’t think of my original country as a home either. I can’t feel at home anywhere

I recently became a objectivist, I am reasonably certain that means all my opinions are now universal fact.
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

Japa

• Bay Watcher
  • Spoopy time!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5856 on: May 02, 2019, 10:02:57 am »

I can 100% relate. I feel at home neither in the US or India

Magistrum

• Bay Watcher
  • Skilled Fortresser
    • View Profile
« Reply #5857 on: May 02, 2019, 12:57:06 pm »

Again in a week?

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Terrible jokes thread is right this way, sir.
In a time before time, I was David The Master.

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #5858 on: May 02, 2019, 06:00:40 pm »

So, in contact again with the gal I developed feelings for and who then ghosted me for nearly three weeks. She's really apologetic about how she handled the situation, says she was going through a very dark time the past few weeks, has missed me a lot, and is scared of losing me as a friend.

I made it clear that I was sorely hurt by getting ghosted, that I was willing to be friends again once I'd had time enough to clear my head; but that it'd only work if I knew we could both act like adults, and also that I'm going through a pretty chaotic period of my own and would need some time to deal with that. We've agreed to meet up on the 19th (or thereabouts) to talk things over in person.

And I'm just sitting here realizing that I am definitely going to get myself hurt over this, again. The high road's got a lot of rocks on it.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #5859 on: May 02, 2019, 06:43:44 pm »

The original Chewbacca has died.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

heydude6

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5860 on: May 02, 2019, 08:18:10 pm »

And I'm just sitting here realizing that I am definitely going to get myself hurt over this, again. The high road's got a lot of rocks on it.

At least you know what you’re getting into. When I was younger, I’d keep throwing myself into these situations out of some misguided idea that I’d somehow get the girl. You on the other hand are only doing this because you have to.
Lets use the ancient naval art of training war parrots. No one will realize they have been boarded by space war parrots until it is to late!
You can fake being able to run on water. You can't fake looking cool when you break your foot on a door and hit your head on the floor.

Arx

• Bay Watcher
  • Iron within, iron without.
    • View Profile
    • Art!
« Reply #5861 on: May 03, 2019, 04:24:25 am »

Stepped badly during sparring at taekwondo and wrenched my toe horribly. Don't think it's broken, but that doesn't make it any less annoying.

Also, my desktop has spontaneously decided to go on strike and either won't boot, or boots and freezes for a couple of seconds every minute or so, with no apparent processor overhead detected. I probably need to sit down, disassemble it, clean all the dust out, and reassemble it with all the connections firm, but that takes time.

I am on Discord as Arx#2415.
Tu jee, veerey / Toofano se lad ke [Fight, brave one / Fight those internal storms and]
Tu jeet, veerey / Zakhmo se bhid kar bhi tu [Win, brave one / Weather those wounds and]
Firse uthega yaara [Rise once again]

Mel lives again! Fight monsters; fight crime; fight compound interest...

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
  • Baal's More Evil American Twin
    • View Profile
« Reply #5862 on: May 03, 2019, 09:29:35 am »

I wonder how many hundreds of my posts would come back if I searched them for 'depressed'...
Well, we could put two and two together and write a book: "The Shit that Hans and Max Did: You Won't Believe This Shit."
He's fucking with us.

Telgin

• Bay Watcher
  • Professional Programmer
    • View Profile
« Reply #5863 on: May 03, 2019, 10:04:30 am »

Stepped badly during sparring at taekwondo and wrenched my toe horribly. Don't think it's broken, but that doesn't make it any less annoying.

Also, my desktop has spontaneously decided to go on strike and either won't boot, or boots and freezes for a couple of seconds every minute or so, with no apparent processor overhead detected. I probably need to sit down, disassemble it, clean all the dust out, and reassemble it with all the connections firm, but that takes time.

Could also be memory or the power supply going bad.  I've literally never had MemTest show memory errors when I've tried it, but if you've got time to kill it couldn't hurt to run it if you can get past the POST.
Success requires no explanation.  Failure allows none.

Iduno

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5864 on: May 03, 2019, 10:13:04 am »

Also, it could be something needs to be re-seated? You may as well clean it while you're doing that, but still. It takes 10 or 20-ish minutes and less than one unit of blood to do, unless you touch the CPU stuff.
To improve communication, all sarcasm and other jokes will be posted in a black font.
Pages: 1 ... 389 390 [391] 392 393 ... 422