Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 383 384 [385] 386 387 ... 771

Author Topic: Things that made you mildly upset today thread  (Read 819788 times)

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you mildly sad today thread
« Reply #5760 on: April 28, 2019, 05:55:56 am »

Get better soon Kagus. Here's a video on massaging your lymph nodes that should hopefully make you feel better.
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.
NRDL will roll a die and decide how sadistic and insane he's feeling well you do.

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5761 on: April 28, 2019, 11:47:44 am »

I got into a situation today that reminded me that I may never be able to connect with people emotionally. That my lifetime of being a loner and self-perceived reject of society has permanently poisoned my mind, so I'll never be able to be the kind of socialite I want to be, have the kind relationships and intimacy I crave, that I'll just always be the lonely loser I am right now.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #5762 on: April 28, 2019, 02:32:56 pm »

Woke up with somewhat-painfully-impacted earwax in my left ear. I tried to loosen things up with some warm water, now it's impacted and waterlogged.

Also I have a cold.

If you can find an ear syringe, that will help you out. I spent a week without hearing in one ear attempting to get rid of impacted ear wax, using warm water and hot water and a hydrogen peroxide solution to no avail. A couple of scooshes of warm water with the ear syringe cleared it all out.

Just make sure to do it over a bath or something, since there’s a lot of water what comes out.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #5763 on: April 28, 2019, 02:42:46 pm »

It's managed to mostly-unblock itself, only took most of the day. With any luck it'll clear the rest out on its own as well. Every now and then I get massive plugs that just cannot be managed, but this one was apparently willing to take its own trash out...

I really should get an ear kit of some sort, both for blockages and for swimmer's ear, considering my propensity for both. Ear syringes are of course recommended against by professionals due to the risk of injury, but pfeh! They're just in it for the money anyways.

Now I just need to wait for this cold to blow over... Naturally, being as health-conscious a country as it is, you're pretty much only going to find sugar-free cough drops here. What's been shown to be the most effective active ingredient in lozenges for soothing throats? The sugar.

In other news, I'm just gonna drop this off here for safe keeping...
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #5764 on: April 28, 2019, 07:14:50 pm »

That image is not a good look.
This game is Curtain Fire Shooting Game.
Girls do their best now and are preparing. Please watch warmly until it is ready.

TD1

• Bay Watcher
  • Childe Roland to the Dark Tower Came
    • View Profile
« Reply #5765 on: April 28, 2019, 07:19:26 pm »

I can guarantee there are those who would disagree.

Not that those people are likely to look good themselves, mind.
Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination
  TD1 has claimed the title of Penblessed the Endless Fountain of Epics!
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

methylatedspirit

• Bay Watcher
  • it/its
    • View Profile
« Reply #5766 on: April 28, 2019, 09:08:23 pm »

Well that was a load of shit. I went to school, only to leave early because I wasn't being taught anything. Instead, it was Teacher's Day, the celebration of which was pretty much an exercise in autofellatio on part of the teachers. I wouldn't have left, if it wasn't for the fact that it was fucking pointless.

I'm bitter because I came to school to learn, but instead I got nothing of the sort. Maybe that shows skewed priorities on my part, but honestly, why else would I go to school? Why else should I care?

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #5767 on: April 28, 2019, 09:13:41 pm »

Free childcare for your owners.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #5768 on: April 29, 2019, 09:24:16 am »

I need to write a resignation letter and this is harder than I thought
There's two kinds of performance reviews: the one you make they don't read, the one they make whilst they sharpen their daggers
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

TD1

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5769 on: April 29, 2019, 09:37:34 am »

Here's an example to get your mind in the right place:

"Up yours. *Blows Raspberry*"

100% guaranteed to make folks happy to let you go.
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5770 on: April 29, 2019, 09:49:34 am »

I knew I should have bought more beer.
Well, no, I guess I didn't, but I should have. Damn it.
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Iduno

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5771 on: April 29, 2019, 10:48:21 am »

I need to write a resignation letter and this is harder than I thought

Remember, the words are less important than the delivery. Is the letter tied to a brick and tossed at the boss? Written in lighter fluid (and where?)? In the form of outing your boss for all of that objectionable material on their hard drive? A mediocre country song?

TD1

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5772 on: April 29, 2019, 10:54:16 am »

Oh! Oh! It could be whispered seductively into his ear by Dolly Parton.

What a delivery that would be!
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #5773 on: April 29, 2019, 12:24:41 pm »

Well only one of them is a guy. Technically I have to write to HR and the director.

It's kind of hard to actually get around and press the button. The huge notice doesnt help. Makes for many uncomfortable summer meetings.

Here's an example to get your mind in the right place:

"Up yours. *Blows Raspberry*"

100% guaranteed to make folks happy to let you go.
It reflects the sentiment very well but it's hardly political when there are so few people doing what I do on this landmass (and that's including your bit of the landmass).
Not that it would make or break me. I mean, this place has a weird reputation to begin with (something which of course an expat like me wouldnt know beforehand 🤦‍♂️), with low staff retention rates. Odds are nobody would bat an eyelid. And that's for *here* mind you. I could possibly fart Beethoven's fifth symphony and depart the place on the spot without it having any impact whatsoever if I decided to head back home instead.

Which I kind of consider TBH. I went abroad for the experience, and TBH for 2017 and most of 2018 it was really pleasant. But in the last 8 months, eh... kind of a downer.

Plan is actually to take a break and consider my options. ROI is already open and I could seek something other than this place. I dont rule out UK -there are things in favor as there are handfuls of uncovered posts there, but I'm reluctant about the burocracy, which is only bound to get worse in the coming months-  and I have an offer in Sweeden (but it would mean working part time while getting a Swedish intensive course. Which I'm not really sure I want to do).
And I could go back home. I'm first on the list so odds are I could get something within weeks, and TBH once you adjust for the cost of living I'd not be saving any less money than I am on the ROI or I would in the UK (I wasnt doing this for the money anyhow). The main problem is that you're at the whims of the regional healthcare system, really
There's two kinds of performance reviews: the one you make they don't read, the one they make whilst they sharpen their daggers
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5774 on: April 29, 2019, 01:34:52 pm »

I'm staring at the screen, wondering what to write. Despite having been here for so long, and rattled on about so much, I still struggle with being candid.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: April 29, 2019, 01:37:19 pm by JoshuaFH »
Pages: 1 ... 383 384 [385] 386 387 ... 771