Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 384 385 [386] 387 388 ... 771

Author Topic: Things that made you mildly upset today thread  (Read 819984 times)

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you mildly sad today thread
« Reply #5775 on: April 29, 2019, 02:32:56 pm »

I just learned about "Stop a Douchebag." It's a Russian activist(???) movement that aggressively blocks people from driving on sidewalks, and if the driver won't move or wants a fight, they put a giant sticker on their windshield. It's fun to watch in the sense that it's always fun to watch a wrongdoer get theirs, but god damn. These people get almost hit/fights started/guns pulled on them more times than an episode of COPS, before they even take out the sticker. They're stone cold, but you shouldn't have to be for something as mundane as "This is sidewalk, that is road, have a nice day."
This game is Curtain Fire Shooting Game.
Girls do their best now and are preparing. Please watch warmly until it is ready.

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
  • Duggin was the hero we needed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5776 on: April 29, 2019, 02:40:55 pm »

In Russia sidewalk driver you on the road walk i don't know there's a Russian meme joke in there somewhere I'm tired and my back hurts.
FACT I: Post note art is best art.
FACT II: Dunamisdeos is a forum-certified wordsmith.
FACT III: "All life begins with Post-it notes and ends with Post-it notes. This is the truth! This is my belief!...At least for now."
FACT IV: SPEECHO THE TRUSTWORM IS YOUR FRIEND or BEHOLD: THE FRUIT ENGINE 3.0

Iduno

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5777 on: April 30, 2019, 08:00:40 am »

I'm staring at the screen, wondering what to write. Despite having been here for so long, and rattled on about so much, I still struggle with being candid.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Yeah, it's not a safe world, and people who are worth being around (ie aren't just loudmouth jackasses) are usually not sure it's safe to talk about what they actually care about before getting to know people. Only advice I have is be okay with who you are, relax, and give people time.

Levi

• Bay Watcher
  • Is a fish.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5778 on: April 30, 2019, 06:04:23 pm »

I need to write a resignation letter and this is harder than I thought

I wrote one recently, it looked like this:

Avid Gamer | Goldfish Enthusiast | Canadian | Professional Layabout

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #5779 on: April 30, 2019, 06:50:26 pm »

I need to write a resignation letter and this is harder than I thought

I wrote one recently, it looked like this:

I sent it before this, but it was curiously similar.

Bleh. Unpleasant situation all around

(TL,DR: I went to a new workplace, was misled as to what impact would this make on my odds of getting a permanent post. Did not get it but was expected to cover temporary post until it suited my employers. Decided to call it quits)
« Last Edit: April 30, 2019, 07:14:24 pm by ChairmanPoo »
There's two kinds of performance reviews: the one you make they don't read, the one they make whilst they sharpen their daggers
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #5780 on: May 01, 2019, 02:14:08 am »

I'm guessing the girl isn't making your choice any easier?

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #5781 on: May 01, 2019, 06:32:32 am »

I seem to recall you wanting rather badly to leave America. Do you think your recent experiences will make coming back different this time round?

Also, you’ve been a way for a while. Coming “home” may be like going to another foreign country as a lot of things are going to have changed while you were gone.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #5782 on: May 01, 2019, 10:33:01 pm »

Phlegm in my throat made me have a nightmare about swallowing a large piece of glass, which led to me lying half-awake for a few minutes unable to decide if I should try to breathe or move because I couldn't tell if the dream was real or not.
This game is Curtain Fire Shooting Game.
Girls do their best now and are preparing. Please watch warmly until it is ready.

scourge728

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5783 on: May 02, 2019, 07:15:27 am »

Again in a week?

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #5784 on: May 02, 2019, 07:52:18 am »

Have you heard about Ulysses syndrome? It spins around how migrants/expats end up feeling like they dont fit either at home or abroad

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.psychologytoday.com/intl/blog/lying-the-philosophers-couch/201807/ulysses-syndrome%3famp

I feel very identified with this bit
I asked them all the same questions: “Do you feel home where you are now? Or, do you want to come back?” The answer was always the same: “I don’t feel at home now and I don’t think of my original country as a home either. I can’t feel at home anywhere

There's two kinds of performance reviews: the one you make they don't read, the one they make whilst they sharpen their daggers
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

Rose

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Elf
    • View Profile
« Reply #5785 on: May 02, 2019, 10:02:57 am »

I can 100% relate. I feel at home neither in the US or India

Magistrum

• Bay Watcher
  • Skilled Fortresser
    • View Profile
« Reply #5786 on: May 02, 2019, 12:57:06 pm »

Again in a week?

Terrible jokes thread is right this way, sir.
In a time before time, I had a name.

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #5787 on: May 02, 2019, 06:00:40 pm »

So, in contact again with the gal I developed feelings for and who then ghosted me for nearly three weeks. She's really apologetic about how she handled the situation, says she was going through a very dark time the past few weeks, has missed me a lot, and is scared of losing me as a friend.

I made it clear that I was sorely hurt by getting ghosted, that I was willing to be friends again once I'd had time enough to clear my head; but that it'd only work if I knew we could both act like adults, and also that I'm going through a pretty chaotic period of my own and would need some time to deal with that. We've agreed to meet up on the 19th (or thereabouts) to talk things over in person.

And I'm just sitting here realizing that I am definitely going to get myself hurt over this, again. The high road's got a lot of rocks on it.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #5788 on: May 02, 2019, 06:43:44 pm »

The original Chewbacca has died.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

heydude6

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5789 on: May 02, 2019, 08:18:10 pm »

And I'm just sitting here realizing that I am definitely going to get myself hurt over this, again. The high road's got a lot of rocks on it.

At least you know what you’re getting into. When I was younger, I’d keep throwing myself into these situations out of some misguided idea that I’d somehow get the girl. You on the other hand are only doing this because you have to.
Lets use the ancient naval art of training war parrots. No one will realize they have been boarded by space war parrots until it is to late!
You can fake being able to run on water. You can't fake looking cool when you break your foot on a door and hit your head on the floor.
Pages: 1 ... 384 385 [386] 387 388 ... 771