Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 391 392 [393] 394 395 ... 537

Author Topic: Things that made you mildly upset today thread  (Read 376354 times)

dragdeler

• Bay Watcher
  • Cyber-Voodoo Aficionado
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you mildly sad today thread
« Reply #5880 on: May 06, 2019, 06:17:08 pm »

Over-exertion is a nice way to get tired, have you ever tried listening to lectures or other stuff that is difficult to digest? There is nothing like physics equations, scientific articles or papers read out loud to get knocked out, actually I don't have to torture myself to that degree, more pleasant subjects such as history often do the trick, though sometimes that backfires and I need to absorb every word of it  ;). Audiobooks are awesome too.

It's probably a bad habit but if I go to sleep faster it's at least better than bingewatching TV shows, or so I tell myself. (actually I couldn't sleep if I had to watch, so either the content or the sleep would be wasted)

Well if they acurately diagnosed depression at such an "early" stage that you wouldn't consider yourself depressive, you seem to have a nice hand of cards.
Fuck violins.

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #5881 on: May 06, 2019, 07:31:51 pm »

Well if they acurately diagnosed depression at such an "early" stage that you wouldn't consider yourself depressive, you seem to have a nice hand of cards.
Apparently I've had it for a pretty long time? and am just pretty ok at dealing with it. Last... week and a half? was pretty bad though, worst it ever got and what got me to find a psychiatrist.

Anyway, glad to have that figured out at least. Will start taking the medication that was prescribed tomorrow and should see some effects in about three weeks.
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?
Quote from: Loud Whispers
Does a Laconian believe they descend from Achilles? Does an anon believe a greentext happened? Does a child believe in air? We choose the fake news we want. The eternal memri.tv

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #5882 on: May 06, 2019, 11:09:12 pm »

I've started making impulse purchases to cheer myself up. Bad, bad bad bad bad bad. This is the kind of thing I work so hard to keep under control, and it's slipping away.
This game is Curtain Fire Shooting Game.
Girls do their best now and are preparing. Please watch warmly until it is ready.

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
  • Baal's More Evil American Twin
    • View Profile
« Reply #5883 on: May 07, 2019, 05:08:12 am »

I'm like a Grandmaster at being depressed at this point.
Well, we could put two and two together and write a book: "The Shit that Hans and Max Did: You Won't Believe This Shit."
He's fucking with us.

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #5884 on: May 07, 2019, 05:47:22 am »

If it helps, I'm pretty damn good at beating myself up over unrequited love and using an overactive imagination to make matters worse.

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
  • Baal's More Evil American Twin
    • View Profile
« Reply #5885 on: May 07, 2019, 05:59:12 am »

Well, you're not visibly getting injured so schadenfreude isn't exactly kicking in. I don't generally enjoy the suffering of Norwegians or Danes without a good reason.
Well, we could put two and two together and write a book: "The Shit that Hans and Max Did: You Won't Believe This Shit."
He's fucking with us.

dragdeler

• Bay Watcher
  • Cyber-Voodoo Aficionado
    • View Profile
« Reply #5886 on: May 07, 2019, 06:03:31 am »

Damn that's sigworthy. Idk I guess my biggest talent in that regard is how toroughly I can distract myself: at times a videogame + a tv show + broccoli and booze were juuust the right amount of distraction. Lately tough I've come to appreciate more stuff on it's own, or I'm tired, idk  :P.
Fuck violins.

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #5887 on: May 07, 2019, 08:28:18 am »

Well, you're not visibly getting injured so schadenfreude isn't exactly kicking in. I don't generally enjoy the suffering of Norwegians or Danes without a good reason.

But that is, in itself, a good reason
Love, scriver~

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #5888 on: May 07, 2019, 05:18:54 pm »

I had a nice night tonight!

Ahahaha!

Ahaha!

Ha...

Yep, the daggers bite again.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5889 on: May 09, 2019, 08:35:32 pm »

Ugh. One thing worse than having exciting exciting and/or happy dreams that drive home how boring and miserable your real life is, is having them and not being able to remember more than a vague sense or a tiny fragment.
What an unpleasant start to the day.

I need to start keeping a dream journal again, train myself to remember the bloody things more successfully. I often start typing dreams up in the dream thread, then before long open a new tab and get totally distracted.
Writing them on paper as soon as your eyes open is definitely a better option.

I've started making impulse purchases to cheer myself up. Bad, bad bad bad bad bad. This is the kind of thing I work so hard to keep under control, and it's slipping away.
Oh no, I do that too. Good luck. Wish I had actual advice, but nah. Maybe lay out a set budget so that you know how much spare money you actually have for frivolities in a given period of time?
That way you'll know when you definitely cannot afford to waste money.
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Jopax

• Bay Watcher
  • Cat on a hat
    • View Profile
« Reply #5890 on: May 10, 2019, 01:27:14 am »

I somehow managed to either fail to wake up to my alarm or failed to set it last night, despite clearly remembering two instances of first setting it and then moving it ten minutes earlier. Regularly that wouldn't be an issue, but I've had work this morning so that went trough, luckily I let them know as soon as I woke up and they found a replacement. Still, sucks missing out on cash like that :V
"my batteries are low and it's getting dark"
AS - IG

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #5891 on: May 10, 2019, 01:56:25 am »

So it turns out that another YouTube person I was a fan of is actually terrible.

It's only a matter of time before it turns out that the rest of the people I subscribe to are actually involved in human trafficking or poached ivory or drug cartels.
This game is Curtain Fire Shooting Game.
Girls do their best now and are preparing. Please watch warmly until it is ready.

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5892 on: May 10, 2019, 07:09:36 am »

Who's the terrible one?

Mephisto

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5893 on: May 10, 2019, 08:00:15 am »

ProJared, unless the timing is just super coincidental and two awful people revealed themselves at the same time. The meme community is going wild.

He's not a nobody either - he had Nintendo's Reggie in a video and was in an ad for some game or another.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5894 on: May 10, 2019, 08:49:36 am »

After a quick, cursory google I can only express my disbelief as to why anyone would expect him not to be a creep.
I mean, just look at the guy. His eyes are too close together, for one thing!   
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.
Pages: 1 ... 391 392 [393] 394 395 ... 537