Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 385 386 [387] 388 389 ... 774

Author Topic: Things that made you mildly upset today thread  (Read 834006 times)

Arx

• Bay Watcher
  • Iron within, iron without.
    • View Profile
    • Art!
Re: Things that made you mildly sad today thread
« Reply #5790 on: May 03, 2019, 04:24:25 am »

Stepped badly during sparring at taekwondo and wrenched my toe horribly. Don't think it's broken, but that doesn't make it any less annoying.

Also, my desktop has spontaneously decided to go on strike and either won't boot, or boots and freezes for a couple of seconds every minute or so, with no apparent processor overhead detected. I probably need to sit down, disassemble it, clean all the dust out, and reassemble it with all the connections firm, but that takes time.

I am on Discord as Arx#2415.
Hail to the mind of man! / Fire in the sky
I've been waiting for you / On this day we die.

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
  • Baal's More Evil American Twin
    • View Profile
« Reply #5791 on: May 03, 2019, 09:29:35 am »

I wonder how many hundreds of my posts would come back if I searched them for 'depressed'...
Well, we could put two and two together and write a book: "The Shit that Hans and Max Did: You Won't Believe This Shit."
He's fucking with us.

Telgin

• Bay Watcher
  • Professional Programmer
    • View Profile
« Reply #5792 on: May 03, 2019, 10:04:30 am »

Stepped badly during sparring at taekwondo and wrenched my toe horribly. Don't think it's broken, but that doesn't make it any less annoying.

Also, my desktop has spontaneously decided to go on strike and either won't boot, or boots and freezes for a couple of seconds every minute or so, with no apparent processor overhead detected. I probably need to sit down, disassemble it, clean all the dust out, and reassemble it with all the connections firm, but that takes time.

Could also be memory or the power supply going bad.  I've literally never had MemTest show memory errors when I've tried it, but if you've got time to kill it couldn't hurt to run it if you can get past the POST.
Through pain, I find wisdom.

Iduno

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5793 on: May 03, 2019, 10:13:04 am »

Also, it could be something needs to be re-seated? You may as well clean it while you're doing that, but still. It takes 10 or 20-ish minutes and less than one unit of blood to do, unless you touch the CPU stuff.

McTraveller

• Bay Watcher
  • This text isn't very personal.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5794 on: May 04, 2019, 10:59:40 am »

Just saw in the news that my state's public utilities commission approved a 9% increase in our electricity prices.   ::)

Arx

• Bay Watcher
  • Iron within, iron without.
    • View Profile
    • Art!
« Reply #5795 on: May 04, 2019, 11:45:33 am »

The fan on one of my graphics cards is pretty much busted (I think every time it overheated it'd overdraw from the PSU), which I think was the cause. Fortunately I was only using it for a second monitor, which I should be able to bully my integrated graphics into doing, but it's kind of a hassle because for some reason my integrated graphics don't like doing that.

I am on Discord as Arx#2415.
Hail to the mind of man! / Fire in the sky
I've been waiting for you / On this day we die.

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #5796 on: May 04, 2019, 07:17:35 pm »

Firefox currently has a glitch that makes many add-ons not work, including ad blockers. The sudden reappearance of (some) ads, as well as all the shitty clickbait I had gotten rid of with Blocktube, has made the Internet much less enjoyable for the past twelve or so hours.
This game is Curtain Fire Shooting Game.
Girls do their best now and are preparing. Please watch warmly until it is ready.

methylatedspirit

• Bay Watcher
  • it/its
    • View Profile
« Reply #5797 on: May 04, 2019, 07:22:29 pm »

Firefox currently has a glitch that makes many add-ons not work, including ad blockers.
It's still ongoing? Damn. I was expecting it to be fixed when I woke up this morning.

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #5798 on: May 05, 2019, 10:02:26 am »

Recently registered an account with Khan Academy in an attempt to better myself and have something constructive to do, while also desperately trying to patch up my complete lack of an education.

Was working on a couple subjects today when my brain just decided "Haha fuck you bitch" and now I feel miserable and worthless.

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #5799 on: May 05, 2019, 10:19:47 am »

Kagus, what is best in life? To crush your exams, see them graded before you, and hear the lamentations of your school mates.
Love, scriver~

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5800 on: May 05, 2019, 02:53:25 pm »

And then drink red bull from the skulls of your enemies during an all-night study sesh.
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #5801 on: May 05, 2019, 03:25:17 pm »

This is all great, seeing as my last and only experience with organized education resulted in me failing the same subject twice in a row and passing the whole two other courses I took with final grades of D and C. And the C was basically because I'm pretty sure I got special compensation on account of my project group driving me to drink.

Not socially, mind... I just really fucking hated the imbecile that took the whole thing over and I wanted to forget I'd spent the day in his company.

Nah, taking online YouTube courses to learn fucking elementary to junior high math at age 29 seems like a better course of action than what I usually spend my days doing. Will I ever reach a level of competency to not be shamefully embarrassed by my own ignorance? Unlikely, but I can pretend it's keeping the Alzheimer's at bay.

The real benefit of Khan Academy though is that you get to scream "KHAAAAAAAN!" at the screen every time they test material that hasn't been covered yet. Which is often.

Fucking shitspill, I even signed up for this cocktheater for the wrong goddamned reasons (not listed here) and it's so damn clowny that I don't even want to admit them to myself... But maybe I can still turn it around into some actual personal growth at some point, who knows.

Jopax

• Bay Watcher
  • Cat on a hat
    • View Profile
« Reply #5802 on: May 06, 2019, 03:07:40 am »

Got a meeting for our sort-of-internship today. Sort of a status update to see where we are with the project about a month in. Thing is, just as it got started rolling properly my laptop commited repeated sudokus and I got swamped by work for about three weeks or so. And then one of four team members up and left last week. So we got fuck all to show for it, me especially and it's going to suck having to do this.

More than that tho, it's harder to start again and get the ball rolling properly I think, the moment is some three weeks past at this point and I'm not entirely sure if I can just restart the whole thing, especially seeing how otherwise utterly unproductive I've been for the past, oh, two months atleast. Seriously, my tablet has fucking dust on it, that's how little I've used it :I
"my batteries are low and it's getting dark"
AS - IG

Iduno

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5803 on: May 06, 2019, 08:23:22 am »

Firefox currently has a glitch that makes many add-ons not work, including ad blockers.
It's still ongoing? Damn. I was expecting it to be fixed when I woke up this morning.

I had to go fix it myself this morning. This is why I don't use firefox on my own computer. Well, this and using the same engine as every other browser means security for every browser goes to shit every other day when they find a major security flaw. It's like everything today is run by beancounters and other morons.

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5804 on: May 06, 2019, 09:15:39 am »

-
« Last Edit: May 06, 2019, 01:19:36 pm by JoshuaFH »
Pages: 1 ... 385 386 [387] 388 389 ... 774