Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 389 390 [391] 392 393 ... 771

Author Topic: Things that made you mildly upset today thread  (Read 819531 times)

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you mildly sad today thread
« Reply #5850 on: May 16, 2019, 01:00:44 am »

But this sounds like you have the opportunity to take some time to breathe and care for yourself completely, and not have to worry about another person? Loneliness is a real killer though, I feel that. I hope things with this girl conclude with the least amount of hurt.
I hope so too, and I'm believing less and less that it's going to go particularly well. Guess we'll just have to see come Sunday.

As for caring for myself, well... That's something I really, really don't like doing. I'm trying, but I hate every moment of it. I really don't think that I deserve it.

Anyways, hairdresser appointment today, going to make some big changes.

EDIT: Wait, wait, I've got an image saved that describes some of how I've been feeling the past few weeks. Lemme just... Ah, there it is.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

EDIT2: In other news, I'm required to inform the social system of any changes to my living arrangements, so I told them about my moving out from my ex's place and into a new address where I'd be living alone. I figured that living alone might mean that I'd get a slightly higher amount in disability, since I'm not splitting the rent with anyone.

Apparently, the social system thought I was living alone and was paying me accordingly. So now they're "increasing" my amount to what I've been getting the whole time, and then going to send me a bill for how much they overpaid me the rest of the year.

Gentlefish

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING: balloon-like qualities]
    • View Profile
« Reply #5851 on: May 16, 2019, 10:30:11 am »

...Wut? "We know you're relying on disability alone but here's this bill for the disability you could hardly live on even when you were splitting rent" that makes sense.

I guess bureaucracy is terrible everywhere.

As for myself, my grandmother passed last week, which I guess should belong in the sad thread proper but I'm not too torn up about it. She was old and had bad lungs, I was prepared. The rest of my family however... They're a mess proper and I'm more concerned with their well-being than the fact my grandmother passed.

Grim Portent

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5852 on: May 16, 2019, 10:38:49 am »

Been riding a mood boost since I adjusted to my higher medication dosage. Now I'm starting to flag and lose what motivation and focus it was giving me. Still better than I was before the increased dosage, but it's looming in my head how close I am to just curling up and shutting myself off again.
There once was a dwarf in a cave,
who many would consider brave.
With a head like a block
he went out for a sock,
his ass I won't bother to save.

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #5853 on: May 16, 2019, 01:37:21 pm »

Been riding a mood boost since I adjusted to my higher medication dosage. Now I'm starting to flag and lose what motivation and focus it was giving me. Still better than I was before the increased dosage, but it's looming in my head how close I am to just curling up and shutting myself off again.
The change is always a bit funky, but the important thing to remember is that while you may be experiencing similarly dark thoughts you are more equipped to tackle them. It's not just how surmountable or insurmountable the obstacle before you seems, it's also the strength you have available to overcome that obstacle. And if you pay attention, you will notice a difference.

It's worrying you just how close you are to falling back... But that in itself should be encouragement. You didn't get the chance to worry before, you just fell before you knew what was happening. Now you're in a different position.

methylatedspirit

• Bay Watcher
  • it/its
    • View Profile
« Reply #5854 on: May 16, 2019, 06:16:37 pm »

I drank a cup of coffee 2 hours ago (didn't sleep enough last night), and now I'm anxious about my own future. It's not even coherent anxiety, it's just this constant feeling of existential dread. Hundreds of thoughts racing through my head, all of them about how I'm gonna 'fail'. I don't know what, all I know is that I'm 'failing', whatever the fuck that means.

I swear to God, I should really avoid coffee next time.

dragdeler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5855 on: May 17, 2019, 04:08:57 am »

-
« Last Edit: November 23, 2020, 11:54:34 am by dragdeler »
let

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5856 on: May 17, 2019, 04:32:15 am »

Was in a good mood yesterday, got some stuff done, talked to some people and it seemed as though nothing could get me down.
Today I was supposed to go over to some friends' (friends plural) place to catch up and all that, but I've spent the day feeling horrifically unmotivated instead. It looks doubtful whether I will go over there at all.

Part of this is no doubt thanks to the hangover I accrued last night after my housemate suggested going to a gig, as well as the depressing fact that I managed to doze off and miss my stop no less than three bloody times on my w way home this morning. Shameful.

I can't remember where I was going with this post. Just file it under whinging, I guess.
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Iduno

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5857 on: May 17, 2019, 08:22:14 am »

I drank a cup of coffee 2 hours ago (didn't sleep enough last night), and now I'm anxious about my own future. It's not even coherent anxiety, it's just this constant feeling of existential dread. Hundreds of thoughts racing through my head, all of them about how I'm gonna 'fail'. I don't know what, all I know is that I'm 'failing', whatever the fuck that means.

I swear to God, I should really avoid coffee next time.

I forgot anxiety can be coherent. I'm used to daily "everything is going to die, I'm about to die, I need to fight, I need to run away"-type stuff running in my head constantly.

Meds are great, because you can just feel nothing. It's very peaceful.

TamerVirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Who cares
    • View Profile
« Reply #5858 on: May 17, 2019, 09:42:50 am »

More meme related sadness this week as Grumpy Cat died today
What can mysteriously disappear can mysteriously reappear
*Shakes fist at TamerVirus*

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #5859 on: May 17, 2019, 09:59:36 am »

Well fuck. Poor grumpy cat
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

methylatedspirit

• Bay Watcher
  • it/its
    • View Profile
« Reply #5860 on: May 17, 2019, 11:13:23 am »

Meds are great, because you can just feel nothing. It's very peaceful.

The meds you're taking are the exact opposite of the meds I'm taking. They make me more attentive, but it's stressful. I have to convince myself on weekdays, during breakfast, that taking these pills is for my own good. The manufacturers have the balls to claim that this shit is "habit-forming". I wish it were habit-forming, then I wouldn't have to do this cost-benefit analysis on a bunch of pills!

I don't like taking stimulants, is what I'm saying.

Iduno

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5861 on: May 17, 2019, 11:54:22 am »

I think that's why my insurance quit letting me have my medications. They cost a non-zero amount of money, and insurance is a scam are potentially habit-forming because not freaking the fuck out at everything is a habit many people have.

And agreed that stimulants are awful.

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
  • Baal's More Evil American Twin
    • View Profile
« Reply #5862 on: May 17, 2019, 12:31:35 pm »

Depressed. Think I've been depressed for a month or more. Probably the longest consecutive series of depressed days I've had yet.

It's exhausting.
Well, we could put two and two together and write a book: "The Shit that Hans and Max Did: You Won't Believe This Shit."
He's fucking with us.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5863 on: May 17, 2019, 01:43:47 pm »

I'm supposed to go do this stupid fucking voting bullshit again today.
As usual, finding actual information on all the turds you're expected to number in order of preference (because having a normal voting system would be far too sensible for this backwater country) is a colossal pain in the arse.
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Iduno

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5864 on: May 17, 2019, 03:11:57 pm »

So I'm guessing you don't get a write-in vote for "execute them all"?
Pages: 1 ... 389 390 [391] 392 393 ... 771