Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 391 392 [393] 394 395 ... 771

Author Topic: Things that made you mildly upset today thread  (Read 819989 times)

Jopax

• Bay Watcher
  • Cat on a hat
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you mildly sad today thread
« Reply #5880 on: May 20, 2019, 05:19:39 pm »

Almost done putting together my shiny new RG Zephyrantes kit. It's brilliantly good looking and the amount of really cool features that went into it from a development and manufacture standpoint is mindblowing (like, imagine a whole leg/arm assembly that's molded into the runner as a single piece, but then you take it off and it actuates in several spots, having the same amount of freedom of movement as one you'd put together from several different parts). The only downside is that the whole gimmick of the thing being a fusion of a mech and fighter makes the torso incredibly flimsy and prone to falling apart. In theory it has two tabs that should hold it in place but those barely do the job and any amount of prodding seems to make it fall apart. Which is a damn shame since after you've built the thing the only fun it offers is posing it in neat ways :I
"my batteries are low and it's getting dark"
AS - IG

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
  • Duggin was the hero we needed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5881 on: May 20, 2019, 05:51:51 pm »

I have a figure of Snarl from Transformers on my desk that someone gave me.

I can pose him in breakdancing positions I've gotten very good at it.
FACT I: Post note art is best art.
FACT II: Dunamisdeos is a forum-certified wordsmith.
FACT III: "All life begins with Post-it notes and ends with Post-it notes. This is the truth! This is my belief!...At least for now."
FACT IV: SPEECHO THE TRUSTWORM IS YOUR FRIEND or BEHOLD: THE FRUIT ENGINE 3.0

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5882 on: May 20, 2019, 07:56:35 pm »

I have a figure of Snarl from Transformers on my desk that someone gave me.

I can pose him in breakdancing positions I've gotten very good at it.
I was trying my darnedest to figure out what was sad about this, then I realised it was a response to something.   
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #5883 on: May 20, 2019, 10:29:47 pm »

My brain feels aggressive and confident. But my body feels like I had all my bones and organs squeezed out toothpaste-style and replaced with ball bearings and heavy iron chains.
This game is Curtain Fire Shooting Game.
Girls do their best now and are preparing. Please watch warmly until it is ready.

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #5884 on: May 21, 2019, 01:05:45 pm »

Friend dragged me out to the gym today. We've agreed to make this a sort of regular thing. Got to feel weak and aimless for an hour or so. Who knows, maybe I even hurt something with my poor form. Doesn't feel like it, but you never really can tell, can you?

The saga of "Kagus got feels for the wrong goddamn person again" continues with the gal messaging me saying that she'll be back in town next Tuesday and would like to take up the talk she previously flip-flopped on when I have the time. Not really sure what to think about that or how to respond, so I'm just leaving it on "read" for the time being while I try and think it through.

Apartment is just kinda backing itself into a corner of clutter and dust, but I'm too worn out from existing to put myself out there for furniture shopping and trawling used vacuum sales listings.

EDIT: Cough hasn't gotten any better, still hacking myself blue in the face every evening.

Taking workout friend to a vegetarian/vegan food festival this weekend, should be fun... She's joking about "finding me a vegan to 'meat'", but I really don't see that happening, whatever her wingwoman skills might be.

Don't really see anything of that sort happening, least not with my apartment in the state it's in. Being unemployed, uneducated and on disability doesn't really help matters either. Neither does the mental illness.

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5885 on: May 21, 2019, 05:19:00 pm »

My little guy's favorite friend to play in the backyard with went into the hospital we are worried :(
FACT III: "All life begins with Post-it notes and ends with Post-it notes. This is the truth! This is my belief!...At least for now."

dragdeler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5886 on: May 21, 2019, 05:42:34 pm »

-
« Last Edit: November 23, 2020, 11:54:37 am by dragdeler »
let

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5887 on: May 21, 2019, 06:07:47 pm »

Aww. I was thinking about it for sure. He's 3 years old, so I'm not sure if it would be a good experience or not. I certainly had hospital visits as a nigh-daily part of my life at that age, my brother was very commonly in there for a myraid of conditions, and I feel that it helped me accept things like sickness and mental illness in a healthy way as i got older.

But, some good news, it just turned out to be just a VERY severe case of strep that was spreading past the throat. It was definitely dangerous (fever was getting up past like 107) but the treatment ended up being just a lotta lot of antibiotics. He ended up being admitted multiple times, but he's just gone home for what should be the last time.

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #5888 on: May 22, 2019, 12:48:24 am »

Sure would be neat if we weren't in an antibiotic crisis... Gotta wonder how much longer before that treatment starts failing on a larger scale.

Jopax

• Bay Watcher
  • Cat on a hat
    • View Profile
« Reply #5889 on: May 22, 2019, 06:06:25 am »

Phone is dead, or dying, or something. Like, it's functional, except the lock/unlock button is refusing to work, that randomly started today, no idea how or why, probably the contact got loose or broke off or something. Goddamn shame, had this thing for over four years and it's still going strong (aside from this one completely shit issue). No idea if taking it to a service would help tbh since they usually just replace shit whole, not actually fix what's broken :I

Edit:

Or I guess the entire thing just decided to spontaneously commit suicide since it's utterly unresponsive to anything, even connecting it to the PC does nothing to bring up the storage it contains. For fucks sake it was fine this morning, what the hell happened to the goddamn thing. Getting a replacement would suck money-wise but it wouldn't be the end of the world, the issue is that I need the damn thing later today for work ffs.
« Last Edit: May 22, 2019, 06:19:49 am by Jopax »
AS - IG

dragdeler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5890 on: May 22, 2019, 06:25:38 am »

-
« Last Edit: November 23, 2020, 11:54:42 am by dragdeler »
let

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #5891 on: May 22, 2019, 06:30:09 am »

I had some sort of combination nightmare/vision/panic attack. Now I don't get to sleep and I get to be uneasy and afraid until the rest of the world wakes up.
Girls do their best now and are preparing. Please watch warmly until it is ready.

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #5892 on: May 22, 2019, 07:13:22 am »

Sure would be neat if we weren't in an antibiotic crisis... Gotta wonder how much longer before that treatment starts failing on a larger scale.

Hehe in an earlier episode they found out that I am (or was?) allergic to penecilin. My existence is an affront to god  :D.
Eyyy, I was determined to be allergic to penicillin when I was a kid too! Haven't gotten it checked since, but yeah... Which was fun, because they saw me reacting and tried giving me more penicillin to knock out "whatever it was". That didn't go so well.

Jopax

• Bay Watcher
  • Cat on a hat
    • View Profile
« Reply #5893 on: May 23, 2019, 07:38:25 am »

I bought a chunk of brie yesterday because I've never had it and I wanted to try the stuff. Since the store was several hours away from home I chucked it into the fridge in my dads bus so it wouldn't go bad (along with some other stuff I bought). When we got home last night it wasn't in the grocery bag with the other stuff however, so today dad went and checked the fridge in case it fell out of the bag in there or something. As it turns out, it's not there, which leaves two possibilities, either I didn't check the bag properly when I handed it to him to see if the fucking cheese was still in there so now it's possibly on the floor of my work van, getting nice and funky while the thing is parked in the sun, or, one of the other passangers went to grab a bottle of wanter from the fridge, saw the cheese in the bag and went "ooh, free cheese"

I'm not sure which of the options is worse tbh, that I might have fucked up or that someone would just assume that a grocery bag filled with random groceries in what is clearly a fridge that's used to contain water bottles would be fair game.
AS - IG

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #5894 on: May 25, 2019, 05:15:25 am »

My gf's aunt fell and couldn't reach her phone. If my sleep schedule weren't so messed up, or I hadn't been visiting, she would probably have been there until morning or even later. I couldn't lift her so we had to call non-emergency services. She's okay, but I hope that sort of situation never becomes a fact of life for me.
Pages: 1 ... 391 392 [393] 394 395 ... 771