Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 392 393 [394] 395 396 ... 771

Author Topic: Things that made you mildly upset today thread  (Read 819445 times)

methylatedspirit

• Bay Watcher
  • it/its
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you mildly sad today thread
« Reply #5895 on: May 26, 2019, 11:44:40 pm »

I'm currently in my room, and the curtains are being replaced. At noon. During Ramadan. The sun is burning me, and I'm not even in Hell yet.

Also, I can't sleep because it's way too bright here, but that's neither here nor there.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #5896 on: May 26, 2019, 11:49:23 pm »

Blindfolds help lots and can be improvised from many things, just a heads up. If one doesn't block the light, add layers.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #5897 on: May 27, 2019, 02:29:23 am »

Blindfolds help lots and can be improvised from many things, just a heads up. If one doesn't block the light, add layers.
I second this. I find curtains wanting and recently I started using a blindfold to sleep. Now all my woes arent due to the light but I AM sleeping better
There's two kinds of performance reviews: the one you make they don't read, the one they make whilst they sharpen their daggers
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

Arx

• Bay Watcher
  • Iron within, iron without.
    • View Profile
    • Art!
« Reply #5898 on: May 27, 2019, 06:33:54 am »

I'm feeling more "alternative personality style" than usual these days. Friendship just feels like a drag, and I wish I could switch back to being generally known as kind and helpful but not someone you'd describe as a friend or confidant.

I am on Discord as Arx#2415.
Hail to the mind of man! / Fire in the sky
I've been waiting for you / On this day we die.

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #5899 on: May 27, 2019, 07:46:31 pm »

I might not be able to participate in an upcoming game jam as my laptop is starting to break down. I think I didn't quite connect the wifi antenna right one of the times I had disassembled it previously, and now it's come loose. The wifi will work for an amount of time, then declare that it can't reach the internet when all other devices can. I don't have the heart to take it apart again since it's such a huge pain in the ass, but I won't be able to replace it even with a lesser device for quite some time.
This game is Curtain Fire Shooting Game.
Girls do their best now and are preparing. Please watch warmly until it is ready.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #5900 on: May 27, 2019, 08:03:30 pm »

Cheapo USB wireless thing not an option? Remember being stuck with those for a long time, back in the day...
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #5901 on: May 27, 2019, 08:10:10 pm »

I mean I could, but I already have a cable (plugged into the Xbox) that I could use. I'll just have to sit in the living room to use the Internet, which isn't the worst thing in the world as I can do YouTube and stuff on my phone.

Either way, I looked up a software fix that tentatively seems to be working, but time will tell.
Girls do their best now and are preparing. Please watch warmly until it is ready.

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5902 on: May 28, 2019, 10:19:28 am »

I won't prattle on, I'm just having another of my days where I'm exhausted, I'm tired, I feel sick and need rest, but I feel tortured and conflicted so relaxing seems nigh impossible. I took a short walk outside, and my thoughts always just naturally drift back to how these times alone don't mean shit and how I'd give anything for some real human company, and how I feel trapped in my head and my whole life and everything that goes on is just in my head, and how badly I want to live in reality; not in my head where I'm forced to live inside my head and parse through truly endless amounts of introspective bullshit and try to keep myself company with asinine personal conversations. Such a mental life just makes it feel like my whole life up to this point, and perhaps I fear the remainder of my life, will just be a giant fucking waste of time squandered on just thinking and not living.

That's my post for the day. A post where I introspectively bitch and complain about being introspective. Why do I continue to poison myself like this. What else can I do.

Gentlefish

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING: balloon-like qualities]
    • View Profile
« Reply #5903 on: May 28, 2019, 12:25:14 pm »

I might not be able to participate in an upcoming game jam as my laptop is starting to break down. I think I didn't quite connect the wifi antenna right one of the times I had disassembled it previously, and now it's come loose. The wifi will work for an amount of time, then declare that it can't reach the internet when all other devices can. I don't have the heart to take it apart again since it's such a huge pain in the ass, but I won't be able to replace it even with a lesser device for quite some time.
What game jam is coming up? I'm woefully out of touch with the community and need to start somewhere.

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #5904 on: May 29, 2019, 01:03:14 am »

What game jam is coming up? I'm woefully out of touch with the community and need to start somewhere.

Extra Creditz Game Jam, starting tomorrow at midnight.

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5905 on: May 29, 2019, 08:29:11 am »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #5906 on: May 29, 2019, 01:10:38 pm »

I blew off a commitment.  Granted it was a commitment I made yesterday, to a friend of a friend I don't know, to do free tech support.  But it still felt perversely good, and that obviously bothers me.  Particularly calling to lie about the reason.

The reason being... fuck I don't know, brain problems!?  Whatever, I rescheduled for pretty early tomorrow morning, serves me right.

I used to do this *all the time*, but I've gotten pretty good at forcing through it.
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

Gentlefish

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING: balloon-like qualities]
    • View Profile
« Reply #5907 on: May 29, 2019, 01:41:20 pm »

Extra Creditz Game Jam, starting tomorrow at midnight.

Aw dangit, I'm going to miss out on this one too! Is there a place that collects these game jams? I know Ludum isn't until October again and I'd like to cut my teeth on something earlier than that.

Iduno

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5908 on: May 29, 2019, 01:48:31 pm »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

I mean, the internet makes information easier, and what's the point of easier if you're just going to go put effort into finding out if it's true. And if you can find out if something is true, people with power/money can make that information disappear (sometimes).

Jopax

• Bay Watcher
  • Cat on a hat
    • View Profile
« Reply #5909 on: May 29, 2019, 03:06:34 pm »

Day has been incredibly long and towards the end riddled with road rage due to shit truckers being shit and holding up traffic. The one beaming bright moment I was looking forward to was finally getting my hands on and trying some brie cheese. I finally have.

it was disappointing blandness wrapped in concentrated mushroom/dirt flavour
"my batteries are low and it's getting dark"
AS - IG
Pages: 1 ... 392 393 [394] 395 396 ... 771