Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 393 394 [395] 396 397 ... 771

Author Topic: Things that made you mildly upset today thread  (Read 819779 times)

Eschar

• Bay Watcher
  • hello
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you mildly sad today thread
« Reply #5910 on: May 29, 2019, 03:19:46 pm »

TD1

• Bay Watcher
  • Childe Roland to the Dark Tower Came
    • View Profile
« Reply #5911 on: May 29, 2019, 05:42:56 pm »

I mean, slightly scared would be a better way of describing it.
Here followed a long post giving the ims and outs of it, but I must remember not to treat this forum as a diary.

Condensed, it largely comes down to this - I am used to incompatible girls liking me, and in this one case where everything seems compatible I am lost and without a rudder.
Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination
  TD1 has claimed the title of Penblessed the Endless Fountain of Epics!
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #5912 on: May 29, 2019, 07:11:24 pm »

Dude, touch her butt.

Though you might want to ask her out for coffee or some other date cliché thing first, just in case.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
  • Duggin was the hero we needed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5913 on: May 29, 2019, 07:25:49 pm »

Dude, touch her butt.

Though you might want to ask her out for coffee or some other date cliché thing first, just in case.

Cannot recommend this enough. Foolproof.

Wait no, I misspoke, I meant to say this is a terrible idea. My bad.
FACT I: Post note art is best art.
FACT II: Dunamisdeos is a forum-certified wordsmith.
FACT III: "All life begins with Post-it notes and ends with Post-it notes. This is the truth! This is my belief!...At least for now."
FACT IV: SPEECHO THE TRUSTWORM IS YOUR FRIEND or BEHOLD: THE FRUIT ENGINE 3.0

Vattic

• Bay Watcher
  • bibo ergo sum
    • View Profile
« Reply #5914 on: May 29, 2019, 07:32:00 pm »

-snip- probably not helping to post this here.

I'm angry. At myself and life in general. I've dug myself into a hole I feel like I'll never escape from. I don't feel like I have any of he life skills I need to survive as an adult, I've already ruined my chance of getting a college degree and a real, paying career by being a worthless layabout, now I cant go back. Im not qualified for any job that pays better than minimum wage and I can't afford to move out of my parents house on my budget. My parents want me gone, I want to leave, but I can't.
For what it's worth I feel you.
« Last Edit: May 29, 2019, 08:57:10 pm by Vattic »
6 out of 7 dwarves aren't Happy.
How To Generate Small Islands

TD1

• Bay Watcher
  • Childe Roland to the Dark Tower Came
    • View Profile
« Reply #5915 on: May 30, 2019, 02:42:24 am »

She does have an impressive butt.

Perhaps touching it would be a sign or respect? I must think on this.
Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination
  TD1 has claimed the title of Penblessed the Endless Fountain of Epics!
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

Jopax

• Bay Watcher
  • Cat on a hat
    • View Profile
« Reply #5916 on: May 30, 2019, 07:28:04 am »

Stop spreading misinformation hector.

What he actually needs to do is get her some flowers, and then touch her but with the flowers (unless she's allergic to flowers, in which case a small fluffly animal should do).
"my batteries are low and it's getting dark"
AS - IG

Iduno

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5917 on: May 30, 2019, 08:02:54 am »

Day has been incredibly long and towards the end riddled with road rage due to shit truckers being shit and holding up traffic. The one beaming bright moment I was looking forward to was finally getting my hands on and trying some brie cheese. I finally have.

it was disappointing blandness wrapped in concentrated mushroom/dirt flavour

I think you're supposed to fry it. Fried cheese is amazing, if you've got the right kinds of cheese.

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #5918 on: May 30, 2019, 08:24:16 am »

Brie can also be either completely disappointing or the light of your life, all depending on what kind of brie it is.

I... Don't think I've ever heard of fried brie though. It's already so gooey, I'm not sure how that would work. Brie goes on crackers and toast.

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5919 on: May 30, 2019, 10:04:00 am »

Actual mild sad: I worked a 12-hour shift, and then a coworker called in sick, and that puts the schedule in a tight spot, so my supervisor tells me to fill in by working a few more hours and so everything'll work. I tell her I'd rather not, to which she goes "How about I say I'm mandating it, you have to, what are you gonna say to that?" and I so badly wanted to quit right there on the spot, especially since I spent my whole shift daydreaming about quitting, breaking the lease on my apartment, abandoning my town and family and everyone I know, and just living as a vagabond on the road, doing whatever I can to get by. I wouldn't even care how bad an idea that is in reality, because there's no room in society for people like that, we're all imprisoned by the fetters of capitalism, we're all tied like serfs to the land, everyone and everything around me is fucking eager to remind me that even trying to live normally is a struggle and trying to be eccentric is a goddamnfucking-impossibility and to not even waste thought on it, it just seemed like such a romantic and adventurous notion.

But yeah, of course I cave and work the couple extra hours, and it turns out all the extenuating circumstances that surrounded my life that made me not want to work that couple extra hours just conveniently shuffled out of the way and I wound up better off working those couple extra hours than I would have had I not. So, in other words, I got lucky and what seemed like misfortune turned out to be a fairly good serendipity just because everything just fell into place like that.

But of course, I'm still not completely satisfied with that, I still have the nagging voice in my head that says:

"Yeah Josh, everything worked out and fell into place just perfect... but you're still a little bitch."

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
  • Baal's More Evil American Twin
    • View Profile
« Reply #5920 on: May 30, 2019, 02:05:45 pm »

I have a little bitch. Her name is Gretel and she weighs 12 pounds and regularly kicks the shit out of our 65lb pit/boxer. She's a Whippet/ Jack Russell Terrier.

Being a little bitch doesn't seem so bad in my context, because she might act the coward normally, but secretly she's a badass motherfucker. Also her head fur is velvety soft and brindle colored, and she enjoys wearing socks on her head.

/rambling about his dog
Well, we could put two and two together and write a book: "The Shit that Hans and Max Did: You Won't Believe This Shit."
He's fucking with us.

heydude6

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5921 on: May 30, 2019, 10:32:25 pm »

So I just read an article on how Amsterdam is trying to curb it's tourism and I'm heartbroken. Out of all the places that I visited back when I traveled, Amsterdam was one of my favourites. To think that people in the future won't be able to enjoy the city the way I used to makes me really upset.

I just wish I understood why. The article mentions stuff about how tourists trampled some tulips, but otherwise the article doesn't really do a good job explaining the idea of overtourism. It compares Amsterdam to Venice, but I've been to Venice and thought it was fine (besides some shitty overpriced wine).
Lets use the ancient naval art of training war parrots. No one will realize they have been boarded by space war parrots until it is to late!
You can fake being able to run on water. You can't fake looking cool when you break your foot on a door and hit your head on the floor.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5923 on: May 31, 2019, 02:42:00 am »

Haha, yeah I don't think the tulips are the flowers that attract all these tourists.
Although perhaps the demographic I tend to picture when thinking of visitors to Amsterdam don't actually make up the majority of their tourists, who knows...
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Levi

• Bay Watcher
  • Is a fish.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5924 on: May 31, 2019, 10:34:56 am »

Vancouver has weed.  We'll happily take Amsterdam's tourist money if they don't want it.

Just uh, don't don't get your hard drugs here because they will kill you.
Avid Gamer | Goldfish Enthusiast | Canadian | Professional Layabout
Pages: 1 ... 393 394 [395] 396 397 ... 771