Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 394 395 [396] 397 398 ... 771

Author Topic: Things that made you mildly upset today thread  (Read 820050 times)

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you mildly sad today thread
« Reply #5925 on: May 31, 2019, 10:36:27 am »

Vancouver has weed.  We'll happily take Amsterdam's tourist money if they don't want it.

Just uh, don't don't get your hard drugs here because they will kill you.
Got any sex to go along with that weed?

Levi

• Bay Watcher
  • Is a fish.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5926 on: May 31, 2019, 10:41:47 am »

Yeah (not legal though), but from what I've seen you'd rather not.   :-\

Avid Gamer | Goldfish Enthusiast | Canadian | Professional Layabout

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #5927 on: May 31, 2019, 10:49:30 am »

Yeah (not legal though), but from what I've seen you'd rather not.   :-\
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

TamerVirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Who cares
    • View Profile
« Reply #5928 on: May 31, 2019, 02:53:13 pm »

Vancouver has weed.  We'll happily take Amsterdam's tourist money if they don't want it.

Just uh, don't don't get your hard drugs here because they will kill you.
Who's "they"?
The Canadians?!?
What can mysteriously disappear can mysteriously reappear
*Shakes fist at TamerVirus*

Levi

• Bay Watcher
  • Is a fish.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5929 on: May 31, 2019, 03:50:08 pm »

No, the drugs themselves.  We've got a bit of a problem of people mixing fentanyl into heroin and its killing a LOT of people here.   :-[  Government doesn't care though because drug users aren't real people.
Avid Gamer | Goldfish Enthusiast | Canadian | Professional Layabout

wierd

• Bay Watcher
  • I like to eat small children.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5930 on: May 31, 2019, 03:52:53 pm »

Yo Dawg!

We heard you like opioids!  So we added an opioid to your opioid, so you can get high while you get high!

(sigh)

More than likely, it's a combination of economics, and perceived intensity of the highs produced.

Fentanyl is a VERY high power opioid. It is used in end of life care, much like morphine. It is absurdly powerful stuff, and has a valid medical use for people dying of untreatable conditions, like bone cancer-- that are unimaginably painful without it.

Heroin is a recreational drug produced from opium, and is less potent than Fentanyl. People used to a dosage regimen of heroin will not know that they need to strongly cut back on their dosage, if that heroin has been mixed with fentanyl. As such, they take the dose "they are used to", and it subsequently kills them dead as hell.

The drug dealers use the fentanyl because it is more potent per miligram than heroin, allowing them to carry more value per ounce.  Pure economics.

Sadly, the knowledge that "Hey, this shit is WAAAAAAY more powerful than ordinary heroin" only gets met with 'FUCK YEAH! Gimme some!"
« Last Edit: May 31, 2019, 03:59:20 pm by wierd »

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #5931 on: May 31, 2019, 04:23:23 pm »

More potent, and also is (or at least was for a very long time) available for much cheaper getting it from China than actual heroin.

There have even been cuts discovered in circulation that were mixed with carfentanyl, because seriously... Fuck living.

Grim Portent

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5932 on: May 31, 2019, 04:39:04 pm »

Had my job interview today and now I'm dealing with this sense of dread because I really would like this job but my brain's throwing a fit and saying I won't get it.

I hate my brain chemistry.
There once was a dwarf in a cave,
who many would consider brave.
With a head like a block
he went out for a sock,
his ass I won't bother to save.

Folly

• Bay Watcher
  • Steam Profile: 76561197996956175
    • View Profile
« Reply #5933 on: May 31, 2019, 07:26:13 pm »

Shooting in Virginia.
Thoughts and prayers. I feel like the former is disingenuous, and the latter useless.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5934 on: June 01, 2019, 01:55:55 am »

Sadly, the knowledge that "Hey, this shit is WAAAAAAY more powerful than ordinary heroin" only gets met with 'FUCK YEAH! Gimme some!"
I watched a Youtube doco yesterday which said that, once an addict gets past a certain stage of tolerance, fentanyl becomes the only way they can get high, with regular heroin, morphine et al not even enough to alleviate their withdrawal symptoms. Shit's fucked.  :o   
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
  • Duggin was the hero we needed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5935 on: June 01, 2019, 12:08:39 pm »

I'm OK with genuine sympathy being offered even if you also believe in God. Thank you.
FACT I: Post note art is best art.
FACT II: Dunamisdeos is a forum-certified wordsmith.
FACT III: "All life begins with Post-it notes and ends with Post-it notes. This is the truth! This is my belief!...At least for now."
FACT IV: SPEECHO THE TRUSTWORM IS YOUR FRIEND or BEHOLD: THE FRUIT ENGINE 3.0

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #5936 on: June 01, 2019, 05:49:07 pm »

Why do people still do phone calls? Literally why?

Email, text message, instant message, snail mail, carrier pigeon: Receive information regardless of whether you're at home, at work, asleep, cooking, driving, etc. and respond any time that's convenient because they'll get the information at some point, whether or not anybody can answer right this second.

Phone call: "Hi, sorry we missed you! We're closing in 5 minutes and the next time you'll be able to call us back is in 4 days, give or take the time it takes the operator to get the biscuits out of their ears and pick up. We'll just keep calling you and hope random chance catches you at a moment when you're able to answer. We won't tell you what we want over voice mail because it's a surprise, tee hee~"
« Last Edit: June 01, 2019, 05:51:50 pm by itisnotlogical »
This game is Curtain Fire Shooting Game.
Girls do their best now and are preparing. Please watch warmly until it is ready.

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #5937 on: June 01, 2019, 07:25:50 pm »

Email, text message, instant message, snail mail, carrier pigeon: Receive information regardless of whether you're at home, at work, asleep, cooking, driving, etc. and respond any time that's convenient because they'll get the information at some point, whether or not anybody can answer right this second.

Phone call: "Hi, sorry we missed you! We're closing in 5 minutes and the next time you'll be able to call us back is in 4 days, give or take the time it takes the operator to get the biscuits out of their ears and pick up. We'll just keep calling you and hope random chance catches you at a moment when you're able to answer. We won't tell you what we want over voice mail because it's a surprise, tee hee~"
Yeah, almost nobody I know well calls for non-emergency reasons.  Which makes it more annoying when I get called by telemarketers, scammers, or have to expect calls from businesses which just do things that way.

Direct family gets a pass I guess, though I'm glad my dad usually prefers text or skype like I do.  Though he and mom tend to voice call if I don't visit one of them for too long, which is fair and okay I suppose.

General business though?  Fuck, just use asynchronous communication, it's what it's there for.  It makes me think they're being willfully difficult.
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

Iduno

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5938 on: June 03, 2019, 07:57:02 am »

Heroin is a recreational drug produced from opium, and is less potent than Fentanyl.

Also relevant to the thread, it was designed to get people off morphine, because it was relatively not too addictive. For some reason (money), opium derivatives are still handed out like candy, and people are "surprised" at how addictive they are.

heydude6

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5939 on: June 03, 2019, 08:16:38 am »

Yeah, almost nobody I know well calls for non-emergency reasons.  Which makes it more annoying when I get called by telemarketers, scammers, or have to expect calls from businesses which just do things that way.

Direct family gets a pass I guess, though I'm glad my dad usually prefers text or skype like I do.  Though he and mom tend to voice call if I don't visit one of them for too long, which is fair and okay I suppose.

General business though?  Fuck, just use asynchronous communication, it's what it's there for.  It makes me think they're being willfully difficult.

Try having a deep and personal conversation over text before you diss phone calls. With text, what would normally take an hour instead takes a day or more. Typing out the long replies that such a conversation requires is a pain, and you’ll frequently receive texts while you’re still typing a reply. Not to mention the fact that with texts, people sometimes stop replying mid conversation and you have no idea wtf is happening on their end. Sometimes they forget and don’t get back to you.

With phones it’s very clear when a conversation is over, you have the benefits of listening to a real voice, and you’re more likely to actually finish it and thus get something useful out of it.
Lets use the ancient naval art of training war parrots. No one will realize they have been boarded by space war parrots until it is to late!
You can fake being able to run on water. You can't fake looking cool when you break your foot on a door and hit your head on the floor.
Pages: 1 ... 394 395 [396] 397 398 ... 771