Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 395 396 [397] 398 399 ... 771

Author Topic: Things that made you mildly upset today thread  (Read 819754 times)

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you mildly sad today thread
« Reply #5940 on: June 03, 2019, 08:22:51 am »

They can be convenient.  For my type of practice they are fairly inocuous to kidneys and liver, and won't mask a fever.  This is very handy if your patients are immunocompromised and you're going to treat them with highly toxic drugs.

I do find the usage of opiates in the British Isles as far heavier than I'm used to. To the point that I'm heavily reliant on the pain management team  (far more than I'm used to) because, as patients are casually  started and left on strong opiates for long periods of time, they are far less responsive to the pain control strategies I'm used to.  This has been a source of frustration for me.

There's two kinds of performance reviews: the one you make they don't read, the one they make whilst they sharpen their daggers
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #5941 on: June 03, 2019, 08:25:23 am »

They can be convenient.  For my type of practice they are fairly inocuous to kidneys and liver, and won't mask a fever.  This is very handy if your patients are immunocompromised and you're going to treat them with highly toxic drugs.
...we're not talking about texting anymore, are we?

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #5942 on: June 03, 2019, 09:13:31 am »

I do find the usage of opiates in the British Isles as far heavier than I'm used to. To the point that I'm heavily reliant on the pain management team  (far more than I'm used to) because, as patients are casually  started and left on strong opiates for long periods of time, they are far less responsive to the pain control strategies I'm used to.  This has been a source of frustration for me.

Maybe you need to be more reliant on the pain management team for personal reasons.

pound sign don't do drugs
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #5943 on: June 03, 2019, 10:54:01 am »

Maybe you need to be more reliant on the pain management team for personal reasons.

pound sign don't do drugs
???
There's two kinds of performance reviews: the one you make they don't read, the one they make whilst they sharpen their daggers
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
  • Duggin was the hero we needed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5944 on: June 03, 2019, 01:07:35 pm »

We had that problem and I forget what we had to do to comfort the cat to the point where it stopped. It did tho. I can ask.
FACT I: Post note art is best art.
FACT II: Dunamisdeos is a forum-certified wordsmith.
FACT III: "All life begins with Post-it notes and ends with Post-it notes. This is the truth! This is my belief!...At least for now."
FACT IV: SPEECHO THE TRUSTWORM IS YOUR FRIEND or BEHOLD: THE FRUIT ENGINE 3.0

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #5945 on: June 03, 2019, 03:15:40 pm »

I have a stye. My woes have gone from inconvenient to sad to life-threatening to just esoteric.
This game is Curtain Fire Shooting Game.
Girls do their best now and are preparing. Please watch warmly until it is ready.

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #5946 on: June 03, 2019, 03:27:24 pm »

Just learned about the Virginia Beach shooting today, when a Norwegian asked me why the US embassy building had its flag at half-mast...

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5947 on: June 04, 2019, 10:43:43 am »

Say what you will about social anxiety, persistent low-key awkwardness and related discomfort, it is... probably somewhat preferable to being alone with my thoughts and a terrifying lack of toilet paper.
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #5948 on: June 04, 2019, 11:18:31 am »

alone with my thoughts and a terrifying lack of toilet paper.
The wank must flow.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5949 on: June 04, 2019, 11:24:47 am »

Bruh, who tf needs toilet paper for that?! Dunno about you, but I live in a whole house full of absorbent surfaces. Just a matter of creativity.   
Booze is Life for Yoink

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #5950 on: June 04, 2019, 04:35:46 pm »

I'm so tired. I want to rant about all the fucking dumbasses come in here acting like dumbasses, but their combined idiocy has made me so tired.
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

Arx

• Bay Watcher
  • Iron within, iron without.
    • View Profile
    • Art!
« Reply #5951 on: June 05, 2019, 01:03:59 am »

I slept like garbage last night despite taking a sleeping pill. Woke up with a splitting headache, and I feel awful. Mehh.

I am on Discord as Arx#2415.
Hail to the mind of man! / Fire in the sky
I've been waiting for you / On this day we die.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5952 on: June 06, 2019, 01:58:08 am »

Speaking of sleep, I was having a strange-but-compelling dream this morning and woke up briefly, twice, for just long enough to disable whichever alarm was going off before plunging back into dreamworld in the hopes of continuing it.

And for all that I only have a couple of fragmented, nonsensical recollections of said dream. I think I almost went somewhere public whilst wearing my tracksuit pants (strictly used as pyjamas) before my housemate kindly warned me, also we had some kinda crackhouse for neighbours and then we went to a video store to browse this gigantic room of DVDs whereupon I found this battered old videotape on a shelf marked with my name and then before long realised my crazy estranged half-sister was nearby and had been leaving things for me in a sort of 'scavenger hunt' in the hopes of forcing me to interact with her because it was my birthday or some other me-centric occasion. My brother was also there, I glimpsed him briefly in a ridiculous video-store staffmember disguise.   

Yeah, there was probably more interesting stuff going on earlier as well, but from what I remember I don't think it was worth sleeping 'til 3pm.
My alarms were for 10 and 10:30, respectively... I guess another day goes by in which I fail entirely to begin fixing my sleeping habits.   
Booze is Life for Yoink

Iduno

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5953 on: June 06, 2019, 11:38:38 am »

Yeah, there was probably more interesting stuff going on earlier as well, but from what I remember I don't think it was worth sleeping 'til 3pm.
My alarms were for 10 and 10:30, respectively... I guess another day goes by in which I fail entirely to begin fixing my sleeping habits.   

A good morning is when you don't wake up until at least noon.

methylatedspirit

• Bay Watcher
  • it/its
    • View Profile
« Reply #5954 on: June 06, 2019, 11:54:50 am »

Bay12 is failing to load because mobile data here is incredibly slow. I have these thoughts and shit that I want to express in the sad thread, and I'm forced to write them down in a .txt file until conditions improve. Fucking hell.
Pages: 1 ... 395 396 [397] 398 399 ... 771