Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 405 406 [407] 408 409 ... 771

Author Topic: Things that made you mildly upset today thread  (Read 819461 times)

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you mildly sad today thread
« Reply #6090 on: July 14, 2019, 02:14:58 pm »

Well, technically potatoes are poisonous, but you’d need to eat an abnormally large amount before it affects you.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

Khan Boyzitbig

• Bay Watcher
  • [THOUGHTS:CHAOTIC] [ACTUALLY A SWAN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #6091 on: July 14, 2019, 03:40:19 pm »

Potatoes, gotta love that rather non-lethal relative of Deadly Nightshade. So long as you don't eat the actual plant you should be fairly okay.
////;::;\\\\ Scuttle Scuttle...

Milk for the Khorneflakes!

Luminous Bolt of Bacon
"Excuse me sir, You are on Fire."

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
  • Baal's More Evil American Twin
    • View Profile
« Reply #6092 on: July 15, 2019, 12:23:00 pm »

I'm only allergic to Hornets. Y'all shoulda ate more dirt as children.
Well, we could put two and two together and write a book: "The Shit that Hans and Max Did: You Won't Believe This Shit."
He's fucking with us.

Eschar

• Bay Watcher
  • hello
    • View Profile
« Reply #6093 on: July 15, 2019, 12:29:07 pm »

I intended to work on making some sort of roguelike and writing a story/the beginning of one this summer. I have been and are procrastinating them to a discouraging point. I am wasting my summer.

Also, none of my attempts at conversation (save two) have lasted more than a few seconds.

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6094 on: July 15, 2019, 01:14:36 pm »

I somehow lost the ability to do 20 pushups easily in the last few days.

Guess I gotta do more pushups. Dunno what happened. Maybe 3 days of rest was too much?
Well, we could put two and two together and write a book: "The Shit that Hans and Max Did: You Won't Believe This Shit."
He's fucking with us.

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #6095 on: July 15, 2019, 02:44:39 pm »

Guess I gotta do more pushups. Dunno what happened. Maybe 3 days of rest was too much?
First, there are off-days. You cannot guarantee that you'll have exactly linear progress due to the hundreds of variables at play when working out.

Second, you might even be pushing too hard. 3 days sounds like it should be fine, but if that's the first rest at the end of a long period of over-stressing the muscles then you might be just hitting the downtime of your body attempting to repair itself.

Progress is measured in average over time, not specifics day-by-day.

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
  • Duggin was the hero we needed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6096 on: July 15, 2019, 03:05:19 pm »

Yeah you can't really grind physical improvement. The idea is to make it steady and sure, not fast growth in spurts.
FACT I: Post note art is best art.
FACT II: Dunamisdeos is a forum-certified wordsmith.
FACT III: "All life begins with Post-it notes and ends with Post-it notes. This is the truth! This is my belief!...At least for now."
FACT IV: SPEECHO THE TRUSTWORM IS YOUR FRIEND or BEHOLD: THE FRUIT ENGINE 3.0

scourge728

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6097 on: July 15, 2019, 03:29:03 pm »

Unless you're bleeding from the eyes, it's not real exercise /j

Great Order

• Bay Watcher
  • [SCREAMS_INTERNALLY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #6098 on: July 15, 2019, 04:10:27 pm »

Anxiety's pretty bloody exhausting. I hate it.
I may have wasted all those years
They're not worth their time in tears
I may have spent too long in darkness
In the warmth of my fears

Doomblade187

• Bay Watcher
  • Requires music to get through the working day.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6099 on: July 15, 2019, 04:58:20 pm »

Take some rest days each week, will help prevent overtraining.
In any case it would be a battle of critical thinking and I refuse to fight an unarmed individual.
One mustn't stare into the pathos, lest one become Pathos.

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6100 on: July 16, 2019, 09:22:51 am »

As long as I can do 50 in 2 minutes by September it's fine. I'm getting a pair of hand weights this week. Thinking 30lbs, but normal exercise stuff for the weights, but keep doing GtG pushups in addition. That should help, and I'm going to keep it at like 2-3 rest days a week.
He's fucking with us.

Great Order

• Bay Watcher
  • [SCREAMS_INTERNALLY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #6101 on: July 16, 2019, 10:11:42 am »

The training guide I've got for the tough mudder works on two on-days and one off-day (Which doesn't mean *no* exercise, just something gentle like yoga at most). Could try something like that. Your body needs time to rest and recuperate, rebuild glycogen stores, etc. etc.

Also chocolate milk. It has been found that's it's pretty much the perfect immediate post-exercise drink. It's got fats and proteins which help repair and build muscle, carbs which regenerate the glycogen stores, and the sugar in it releases all kinds of general feel-good neurotransmitters. Just don't go chugging huge amounts of it, or that'll just make you fat.

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #6102 on: July 16, 2019, 01:19:20 pm »

I had an awesome dream to post about, but now I can't remember it!

I also can't seem to control my emotional reaction to things. Sometimes I just start crying if something minor upsets me, and I can't seem to control it.
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

IcyTea31

• Bay Watcher
  • Studying functions and fiction
    • View Profile
« Reply #6103 on: July 19, 2019, 05:05:29 am »

If you're on a short fuse for emotional breaks, consider how stressed you are, how much is on your plate. Oftentimes, there might be some situation that's floating overhead and keeping you tightly wound until it resolves. If it's something you can resolve immediately, do so. If it's something that will only come in the future, do everything you can now and let the matter rest until the time comes. Being stressed about things you can't affect is not productive; at some point you should admit "I've done everything I can" and be proud about that.

And don't forget that you shouldn't "control" your emotions; if you feel upset, simply note that as a fact instead of trying to suppress it, and let the feeling itself be.  Emotions are never "wrong", but their causes might be. Consider why you're feeling the emotion, and whether you can do something about that cause. If it's another person, you could start by honestly admitting to them how they're making you feel (perhaps later in private, if the concurrent situation doesn't allow it).

Emotional intelligence is a difficult thing to learn, but it's one of the most useful skills you can have when it comes to happiness. There are courses and learning material for it, but in the end it falls to you to understand yourself.
There is a world yet only seen by physicists and magicians.

Great Order

• Bay Watcher
  • [SCREAMS_INTERNALLY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #6104 on: July 19, 2019, 02:58:40 pm »

I've gone through this lot of medication's potential side effects, interactions, etc. etc.

Now, odds are I'm not going to get anything worse than diarrhoea, but try telling my fucking anxiety that one.
Pages: 1 ... 405 406 [407] 408 409 ... 771