Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 406 407 [408] 409 410 ... 771

Author Topic: Things that made you mildly upset today thread  (Read 819548 times)

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
  • Duggin was the hero we needed.
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you mildly sad today thread
« Reply #6105 on: July 19, 2019, 07:01:18 pm »

I'm sort of sleepy and I had to read that a few times before I realized it was not "medititation". Changes the whole thing.
FACT I: Post note art is best art.
FACT II: Dunamisdeos is a forum-certified wordsmith.
FACT III: "All life begins with Post-it notes and ends with Post-it notes. This is the truth! This is my belief!...At least for now."
FACT IV: SPEECHO THE TRUSTWORM IS YOUR FRIEND or BEHOLD: THE FRUIT ENGINE 3.0

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #6106 on: July 20, 2019, 05:50:19 pm »

Air conditioning's busted. It's not too bad yet (only 80s inside) since it's been raining lately, but... that's still pretty fucking miserable :-\
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Rockeater

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6107 on: July 21, 2019, 02:40:08 am »

A lot of little things but the main thing is that I have no progress in the work I need to do to my course and discovering I was wrong on one of the questions and because I am bad to talking to people I can barely ask for help and all the help I did get was someone telling me something I'm already know and that something I broke my head on for three days was the hard part of the question.
Damnit people, this is why I said to keep the truce. Because now everyone's ganging up on the cats.
Also, don't forget to contact your local Eldritch Being(s), so that they can help with our mission to destroy the universe.

Grim Portent

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6108 on: July 21, 2019, 07:16:57 am »

Still waking up multiple times in the night, still having moodswings, lacking motivation and other depression stuff. Also my body trembling seems to be getting worse, I can sometimes feel my back vibrating rather than just my hands and jaw.

Also I hurt my shoulder pulling my tortoise out from under a bed. Something deep in the place where my neck meets my shoulder is sore.
There once was a dwarf in a cave,
who many would consider brave.
With a head like a block
he went out for a sock,
his ass I won't bother to save.

McTraveller

• Bay Watcher
  • This text isn't very personal.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6109 on: July 22, 2019, 09:40:16 am »

What I thought was a healthy young tree in my yard is now bent severely.  But the clearly dead tree is standing tall, even though it has no leaves and all its branches are breaking off; it's basically just a trunk.

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #6110 on: July 22, 2019, 09:54:25 am »

What I thought was a healthy young tree in my yard is now bent severely.  But the clearly dead tree is standing tall, even though it has no leaves and all its branches are breaking off; it's basically just a trunk.

Look, it's perfectly natural for your wood to be a little bent one way or the other. Some people even prefer it that way.

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
  • Duggin was the hero we needed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6111 on: July 22, 2019, 12:36:49 pm »

I got yelled at for performing poorly in an MMO for the first time in years. it was mostly a misunderstanding, but still on me.

M' pride, hnnng.
FACT I: Post note art is best art.
FACT II: Dunamisdeos is a forum-certified wordsmith.
FACT III: "All life begins with Post-it notes and ends with Post-it notes. This is the truth! This is my belief!...At least for now."
FACT IV: SPEECHO THE TRUSTWORM IS YOUR FRIEND or BEHOLD: THE FRUIT ENGINE 3.0

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #6112 on: July 22, 2019, 01:37:25 pm »

So I'm in Poland, which is sweet, but I kinda burned myself out on the combination of an all-nighter directly preceding the flight and then bumbling my way around two cities and a three-hour train ride in an appropriate level of heat and discomfort.

My batteries, all physical, mental and social, are buzzed dry. I ended up missing out on hanging with the rest of the group for dinner because I was absolutely cacked from 35 hours of no sleep, about 5 hours of which were spent drinking.

So now I sit here, in my nice hotel room (which, thinking about it, absolutely does not resemble the website's pictures in the slightest), a bit hungry from not really eating much of anything today, but I'm just not having an easy time getting my dumb foreigner butt off the bed and outside where it can shoot dumb foreigner English at people until it receives food from... Somewhere. Wherever it is they keep the food here.

I am at least trying to content myself with the thought that, had I taken the original flight and not moved it to the earlier departure, I wouldn't even have been here yet. So even just isolating myself in the hotel room is above and beyond that.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #6113 on: July 22, 2019, 02:00:08 pm »

You’re not going to do yourself (or anyone else) any good with empty batteries. Recharge and that.

The Eskimos (allegedly) say sleep is food, so rest. Enjoy yourself being foreign tomorrow.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #6114 on: July 22, 2019, 02:45:00 pm »

The Eskimos (allegedly) say sleep is food, so rest. Enjoy yourself being foreign tomorrow.
I've heard similar statements about the French, so... Frenchkimos? ...how would one reconcile the differences between French kissing and Eskimo kissing? Hmm.

I had a few remnants left in the bag of cheese snacks I bought at the train station in Warszawa, so that's something. Unfortunately, my hand now smells like Satan's scrotum, which isn't really adding anything good to the otherwise generally relaxed atmosphere in here.

Jopax

• Bay Watcher
  • Cat on a hat
    • View Profile
« Reply #6115 on: July 23, 2019, 02:32:29 am »

Remembered this ancient game I played with my cousin years ago, vehicle based, had a variety of cool stuff and different vehicles to drive troughout the campaign. What it didn't have was the best of names in hindsight, because when you name your game Invisible Wars and then a few years later DE2 comes out it means that your game is pretty much lost to the internet forever. Damn shame.
"my batteries are low and it's getting dark"
AS - IG

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6116 on: July 25, 2019, 07:52:20 am »

I'm just perturbed by the smallest things: I went to fulfill jury summons I got, and I got bustled into a room with all the other jurors as they had us wait. This was a rare opportunity to be able to sit in close proximity to a rather diverse cast of people and just observe them closely. Look at their faces and gather what they're thinking and feeling. I felt awkward after a while and then just spent the remaining 40 or so minutes with my eyes closed, meditating and trying not to think too much.

I wound up not getting picked for jury and was excused, but I was thinking about that observation I was doing and just feeling real lonely about it. I want so badly just to be able to peer into someone's eyes and be able to suss out what it is inside them that I'm lacking in myself. That short experience, however insubstantial, somewhat strengthened my fear that I'll just never be the kind of normal, living, real person I want to be; I'll always just be the caricature of a person that can only outwardly display (at best) the symptoms of the kind of normalcy I crave while always being an outcast on the inside.

The more I articulate the feeling, the more of a pretentious shithead I feel. I'll just shut up now, but I needed to write it down, to clear my head enough to sleep.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #6117 on: July 25, 2019, 02:38:25 pm »

Yeah, I can guarantee you were not the only one in that room to feel that way.

Also, I would suggest being hustled into a room full of strangers is good reason to be perturbed, but I am quite the introvert. I’ve also avoided jury duty the two times I was called because I had exams, and I’m foreign.

It also distresses me how much I want to help you but can’t, Joshua. In a good way. You’re good people, I wish you could see that.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6118 on: July 25, 2019, 02:50:41 pm »

I didn't think the duty itself irritating, to me it was new and interesting, I would have quite liked to have been picked. I imagine most people would find it irritating, as it interrupts the Real Lives that they're living for something unrelated, where as for me I enjoy it because it interrupts my quote unquote "Real Life" for something actually important.

One thing that vaguely bothered me as well, was that there was a coffee station in the room. The person who was explaining everything to us was doing so in a laborious and detailed way, and during that spiel I just got up, went over to the coffee station, and poured myself some coffee; everyone saw me doing so, and noone minded. Noone else got up to do the same, despite their being 30-40 people in the room, so I even consciously thought "Noone wants any coffee but me, I suppose." However, once the Speaker finished up, and I had had my coffee for 5 or so minutes now by this point, she says people can get some coffee, if they'd like, and then spontaneously a line forms around the coffee station. I was mildly flabbergasted, why did they wait to be invited to get coffee? What was so important about being told that enabled them to actually do it? What I envy about the kind of normalcy I'm always complaining I don't have, is that I feel it empowers and gives freedom, freedom to actually live a real life, whereas I feel I'm trapped in a prison of my own creation that I can't disassemble. Again, I just want to suss out the reasoning in their heads, I wanted to ask them, but I didn't speak to anyone, I remained almost totally silent for almost the entire 3-4 hours of sitting around. I'm irritated at that paradox, if anything.

EDIT: I'm spent all last night thinking about how to articulate the exact idea better, rather than just insisting on my irrational garbage, and the more I think about it the more I think I'm just wallowing in my own bullshit.
« Last Edit: July 26, 2019, 06:30:16 am by JoshuaFH »

wierd

• Bay Watcher
  • I like to eat small children.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6119 on: July 27, 2019, 02:49:18 am »

*sigh*

While perusing Slashdot today, there was a story about how human animal hybrid zygote research is actually moving again over there.

This is a provocative topic for a number of actually worthwhile to debate topics, like zoonotic pathogen transferal, issues with slippery slopes about what constitutes human vs nonhuman, once you start making mixed chimeric lifeforms that reach maturity, questions for ethics boards about how to ensure proper procedures are conducted to ensure only body organ systems become humanized, etc...

But no.

I find questions in the comments section like this one.  It was so awful that I was compelled to make as sensible an answer as I could for it.

https://science.slashdot.org/comments.pl?sid=14448814&cid=58996034

For a site who's slogan is "News for nerds; stuff that matters", the quality of discussion on that site has really come down.  This is kinda depressing.  I learned about the damn acrosome reaction when I was in fucking highschool.
Pages: 1 ... 406 407 [408] 409 410 ... 771