Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 411 412 [413] 414 415 ... 771

Author Topic: Things that made you mildly upset today thread  (Read 819941 times)

Doomblade187

• Bay Watcher
  • Requires music to get through the working day.
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you mildly sad today thread
« Reply #6180 on: August 14, 2019, 11:35:27 am »

No one actually notices when I do shit like that though.

Got a haircut yesterday and no one said a thing.
As long as you like the haircut, is worth.
In any case it would be a battle of critical thinking and I refuse to fight an unarmed individual.
One mustn't stare into the pathos, lest one become Pathos.

MrRoboto75

• Bay Watcher
  • Belongs in the Trash!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6181 on: August 14, 2019, 11:41:49 am »

Easy, the people are broken. Go find better people.

I've tried but every time I go out I'm basically a ghost no one can see or interact with.
I consume
I purchase
I consume again

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • Perhaps I'll
    • View Profile
« Reply #6182 on: August 14, 2019, 11:45:28 am »

I used to wear earrings, but people never noticed them so I stopped. There’s no point in it if no o e notices. I didn’t like them anyway, so it’s fine

I think people mostly notice things and appreciate them without commenting, but you should still dress however looks good to you.

I've tried but every time I go out I'm basically a ghost no one can see or interact with.

There is a magic word for that. "Hello." It's pretty much a handshake protocol where both parties agree to listen to each other for a little bit~

Alternatively, may want to lay off on the invisibility cloak.
Down at the bottom of the ocean. Beneath tons of brine which would crush you down. Not into broken and splintered flesh, but into thin soup. Into just more of the sea water. Where things live that aren't so different from you, but you will never live to touch them and they will never live to touch you.

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #6183 on: August 14, 2019, 11:50:41 am »

There is a magic word for that. "Hello." It's pretty much a handshake protocol where both parties agree to listen to each other for a little bit~
Except for when they don't! Sometimes, people are just complete assholes and will completely, blatantly ignore you for no real reason.

Most aren't, though. It's just getting the guts to actually throw yourself out there that's the tricky part...

MrRoboto75

• Bay Watcher
  • Belongs in the Trash!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6184 on: August 14, 2019, 11:53:09 am »

Alternatively, may want to lay off on the invisibility cloak.

But they brought their real friends, or wear headphones, or would rather access their real friends via phone/facebook.  Literally no one has any reason to interact with strangers.
I consume
I purchase
I consume again

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #6185 on: August 14, 2019, 11:56:30 am »

Except for when they don't! Sometimes, people are just complete assholes and will completely, blatantly ignore you for no real reason.

Most aren't, though. It's just getting the guts to actually throw yourself out there that's the tricky part...

Depends on the situation. People on the way to and from places are generally disinclined toward communication from strangers.

Folk in shops are good to practice with, at least saying hello, as they are generally told to do at least that with everyone. Just a case of getting comfortable and reducing that anxiety.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6186 on: August 14, 2019, 03:08:55 pm »

I just feel I'm being excessively mean and angry lately, and I really don't like it, it feels like I just don't have control over myself. I feel like it must stem from my lack of satisfaction in life, but I worry that I'm growing too old and numb and bitter to ever get that satisfaction in the first place.

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
  • Duggin was the hero we needed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6187 on: August 14, 2019, 03:54:01 pm »

I just feel I'm being excessively mean and angry lately, and I really don't like it, it feels like I just don't have control over myself. I feel like it must stem from my lack of satisfaction in life, but I worry that I'm growing too old and numb and bitter to ever get that satisfaction in the first place.

Ya wanna like, play a game or something? Hit me up on steam?

I got Monster Hunter World, FFXIV, buncha games. Lemme know. Bit of social activity, even if its online, might help you let off some steam.

For myself, I found that once I got away from certain social circles that I was involved in that constantly went our of their way to remind me of perceived failures, people totally liked being around me and I was actually a fairly personable fellow all along. Turns out those failures (not that I don't have other ones mind you) weren't my own, but I had gotten myself into the mode where I thought it was wrong to distance myself, and I was being gaslit into taking them on to myself.

You won't find a single happy person in their 50's who hasn't had to prune their lives this way in some fashion. You've always been quite pleasant on here, more so than most I'll even say. I think you have plenty of good things to offer.
FACT I: Post note art is best art.
FACT II: Dunamisdeos is a forum-certified wordsmith.
FACT III: "All life begins with Post-it notes and ends with Post-it notes. This is the truth! This is my belief!...At least for now."
FACT IV: SPEECHO THE TRUSTWORM IS YOUR FRIEND or BEHOLD: THE FRUIT ENGINE 3.0

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6188 on: August 14, 2019, 11:20:10 pm »

Have you tried substituting your boring old "hello" for a brash, shrill cry of "yo!"? Gotta communicate with such people on their level!
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Superdorf

• Bay Watcher
  • Soothly we live in mighty years!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6189 on: August 15, 2019, 12:36:46 am »

I like "Oi!" meself. ...Reading through Harry Potter a long time back left me with some weird vocal habits.
"Heyo!" works too.
Falling angel met the rising ape, and the sound it made was

klonk
tormenting the player is important
Sigtext

Arx

• Bay Watcher
  • Iron within, iron without.
    • View Profile
    • Art!
« Reply #6190 on: August 15, 2019, 03:55:02 am »

Hit them with a hearty "хелло!". Or separate the figurative men from the boys by screaming your favourite phrase and seeing who responds.

I am on Discord as Arx#2415.
Hail to the mind of man! / Fire in the sky
I've been waiting for you / On this day we die.

KateyKitsune

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6191 on: August 15, 2019, 11:03:06 pm »

I've been feeling mildly sad this month and I don't know why

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank you TamerVirus for the avatar switcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6192 on: August 16, 2019, 06:46:37 am »

I've been feeling mildly sad this month and I don't know why
Could it maybe the same reason as my sadness? Namely that the humans with 95% of the money are destroying the planet in the name of profit? Well, this makes me more than merely mildly sad...sorry

Imic

• Bay Watcher
  • Still sad
    • View Profile
« Reply #6193 on: August 16, 2019, 06:50:06 am »

Out of all the Panels I wanted to go to at World con yesterday, I made it to one. The worst one.
Imic's no longer allowed to vote.
Quote from: smyttysmyth
Well aren't you cheery
Quote cabinet
Regrets every choice he made and makes, including writing this here.

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank you TamerVirus for the avatar switcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6194 on: August 16, 2019, 06:55:24 am »

What was it?
Pages: 1 ... 411 412 [413] 414 415 ... 771