Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 412 413 [414] 415 416 ... 771

Author Topic: Things that made you mildly upset today thread  (Read 819425 times)

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you mildly sad today thread
« Reply #6195 on: August 16, 2019, 10:42:54 am »

TinyPic, the free image hosting site I've used for ages due to its simplicity and ease of use for a free service, is going tits-up...

I'll not only have to find a new place for my random image-sharing needs, I'll also need to rehost everything I've used for the (ill-fated) Majesty and Hellsign LPs if I don't want them to turn into messes of dead links.

I should probably also see what all can be salvaged from the free-free image hosting I did with them for all the blog-o-thread links in my sig. Many of the image links have already long since died, but there might be a few images that I can download and reupload somewhere else. Beh.

KateyKitsune

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6196 on: August 16, 2019, 10:56:37 am »

I've been feeling mildly sad this month and I don't know why
Could it maybe the same reason as my sadness? Namely that the humans with 95% of the money are destroying the planet in the name of profit? Well, this makes me more than merely mildly sad...sorry
That contributes, but most of it is not for that reason, don't know what it is

Also, my friends (including Max) only support environmentalism for the benefit of humanity as a goal rather than benefiting the environment as a goal in and of itself. Which I disagree with, the environment matters more, or, at worst, as much as humanity
« Last Edit: August 16, 2019, 11:02:07 am by KateyKitsune »

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank you TamerVirus for the avatar switcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6197 on: August 16, 2019, 11:12:42 am »

I've been feeling mildly sad this month and I don't know why
Could it maybe the same reason as my sadness? Namely that the humans with 95% of the money are destroying the planet in the name of profit? Well, this makes me more than merely mildly sad...sorry
That contributes, but most of it is not for that reason, don't know what it is

Also, my friends (including Max) only support environmentalism for the benefit of humanity as a goal rather than benefiting the environment as a goal in and of itself. Which I disagree with, the environment matters more, or, at worst, as much as humanity
I think the environment is more important, not that I don’t think humans are important, just that if humans were to go extinct, at least life would continue.

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #6198 on: August 16, 2019, 11:29:18 am »

Well... Kinda duh. We only need to take action if we want to continue being a part of this funny little world. "The Environment" isn't going to stop being an environment just because the humans die off. We are in no reasonable way capable of eradicating all life on the planet. We're perfectly capable of eradicating all or most of the life that supports us, but we're not going to be turning the earth into a lifeless husk anytime soon.

If you value "Nature" (as an individual, separate concept) higher than humans, then just... Let us pollute ourselves to extinction. Sure, we may take a few million species with us, but every environment is habitable by something, and there will be plenty of takers (and niches for new, previously unknown takers!) for what we leave behind.

There's nothing pristine or sacred about this particular, modern configuration of flora and fauna. At least no more than every other extinct era before it.

MaxTheFox

• Bay Watcher
  • Лишь одна дорожка да на всей земле
    • View Profile
« Reply #6199 on: August 16, 2019, 11:41:25 am »

Honestly, my stance on the environment is the same as Katey and Naturegirl's. It's just that their reasons for that stance seem to be different. I value humans above all else, and we can't live without certain species, and even non-essential species provide research and resource opportunities. Ergo, they're still valuable and need to be protected.
Woe to those who make unjust laws, to those who issue oppressive decrees, to deprive the poor of their rights and withhold justice from the oppressed of my people, making widows their prey and robbing the fatherless. What will you do on the day of reckoning, when disaster comes from afar?

Autohummer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6200 on: August 16, 2019, 12:26:04 pm »

Agreed, my stance is that since the environment (as it is now) is very useful for us, we should ensure that the environment remains so, for the continued survival GLORY of mankind.

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #6201 on: August 16, 2019, 01:00:59 pm »

There's nothing pristine or sacred about this particular, modern configuration of flora and fauna. At least no more than every other extinct era before it.

I'd disagree, if only because the one enviroconfiguration we have now is the one we have. And one enviriconfiguration in the hand is worth two in the bush.
Love, scriver~

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #6202 on: August 16, 2019, 01:13:39 pm »

two in the bush.
You should, ah... You should probably get that checked out. Just sayin'.

There's, like, creams and stuff nowadays.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #6203 on: August 16, 2019, 01:22:42 pm »

two in the bush.
You should, ah... You should probably get that checked out. Just sayin'.

There's, like, creams and stuff nowadays.

“Some people charge money for that kind of thing!” is also an acceptable response.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank you TamerVirus for the avatar switcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6204 on: August 16, 2019, 02:12:27 pm »

Honestly, my stance on the environment is the same as Katey and Naturegirl's. It's just that their reasons for that stance seem to be different. I value humans above all else, and we can't live without certain species, and even non-essential species provide research and resource opportunities. Ergo, they're still valuable and need to be protected.
I also agree with this, we need to protect what’s here. I just meant that we should protect not ONLY for humans, we need to make sure we can survive without causing a mass extinction

Arx

• Bay Watcher
  • Iron within, iron without.
    • View Profile
    • Art!
« Reply #6205 on: August 16, 2019, 02:18:34 pm »

Having sat in on discussions making decisions about this kind of thing (one of my supervisors last year is a world expert in fisheries management), a surprising number of human lives can hang on what seems like a small environmental change. I have sentimental attachment to the old order, but my resistance to changing it is 90% pragmatic.

I am on Discord as Arx#2415.
Hail to the mind of man! / Fire in the sky
I've been waiting for you / On this day we die.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6206 on: August 16, 2019, 04:16:18 pm »

If we kill the humans, we save the forest.
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

TD1

• Bay Watcher
  • Childe Roland to the Dark Tower Came
    • View Profile
« Reply #6207 on: August 16, 2019, 04:20:34 pm »

If we kill the forest, we....

Kill the humans.
Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination
  TD1 has claimed the title of Penblessed the Endless Fountain of Epics!
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #6208 on: August 16, 2019, 04:52:21 pm »

I do believe we have come to an accord.

Unfortunately, I very much doubt we’ll be able to agree on who should be killed first.

Edit: corrected autocorrect.
« Last Edit: August 16, 2019, 07:08:17 pm by hector13 »
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

TamerVirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Who cares
    • View Profile
« Reply #6209 on: August 16, 2019, 05:18:29 pm »

It's all the fault of those damned vegans, eating all the flora!
What can mysteriously disappear can mysteriously reappear
*Shakes fist at TamerVirus*
Pages: 1 ... 412 413 [414] 415 416 ... 771