Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 425 426 [427] 428 429 ... 433

Author Topic: Things that made you mildly upset today thread  (Read 266373 times)

Gentlefish

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING: balloon-like qualities]
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you mildly upset today thread
« Reply #6390 on: September 10, 2019, 06:59:41 pm »

Enamel paints would hold up pretty well, but will be much more of a monetary investment than a second pair.

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank you TamerVirus for the avatar switcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6391 on: September 10, 2019, 08:28:52 pm »

I didnít know enamel could be used for paint, I only knew it made up teeth

McTraveller

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6392 on: September 10, 2019, 08:37:33 pm »

Tooth enamel and paint enamel is different stuff, same word.  It's more because they have the same "role" in being a hard, shiny protective layer around something softer underneath.

Tooth enamel is mineral: calcium phosphate.  Enamel paint is usually organic (in the chemistry sense: based on carbon).

EDIT: something tells me it would be possible to develop enamel paint based on tooth enamel.  It would be amusing too - imagine the social media flurry when it is "discovered" that it's made from teeth!

SECOND EDIT: yes sorry I had to be the pedant.
« Last Edit: September 10, 2019, 08:41:32 pm by McTraveller »

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank you TamerVirus for the avatar switcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6393 on: September 10, 2019, 08:42:21 pm »

Oh, I didnít know it was different, thank you for the clarification. I didnít realize we used the same word for very different chemicals.

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #6394 on: September 11, 2019, 02:30:26 am »

I didnít realize we used the same word for very different chemicals.
Oh, very much! Welcome to a whole new world of delightful language! Things can get a bit silly here though, so take it all with a pinch of salt.

...wait fuck no not that sal-

Arx

• Bay Watcher
  • Iron within, iron without.
    • View Profile
    • Art!
« Reply #6395 on: September 13, 2019, 02:42:45 am »

Me: I should buy Sublime, I use it a lot.

* Sublime costs $80

Oh okay.

I am on Discord as Arx#2415.
Tu jee, veerey / Toofano se lad ke [Fight, brave one / Fight those internal storms and]
Tu jeet, veerey / Zakhmo se bhid kar bhi tu [Win, brave one / Weather those wounds and]
Firse uthega yaara [Rise once again]

Mel lives again! Fight monsters; fight crime; fight compound interest...

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
  • Dead Postocalypse lies dreaming.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6396 on: September 13, 2019, 12:15:41 pm »

My wife spent all our money on stuff and now we might get evicted.

Hoping we can find like 300$ in like 4 days.
FACT I: Post note art is best art.
FACT II: Dunamisdeos is a forum-certified wordsmith.
FACT III: "All life begins with Post-it notes and ends with Post-it notes. This is the truth! This is my belief!...At least for now."
FACT IV: SPEECHO THE TRUSTWORM IS YOUR FRIEND or BEHOLD: THE FRUIT ENGINE 3.0

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #6397 on: September 13, 2019, 12:24:06 pm »

The fuck? What happened?

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6398 on: September 13, 2019, 12:53:55 pm »

The fuck? What happened?

Basically she took over finances and made a number of mistakes, and now we do not have all of our rent money. Also, we have 5 days to make up the difference.

We've been in trouble for a while and I think she was afraid to tell me. She was in a creatively abusive relationship with a legit sadist before we got together and it was empowering for her to do our finances, so I took a hands-off approach. Memories of that are probably what made her afraid to say anything too.

Anyway we either find money or get our homeless on until we find a place that will let us live there with an eviction on our record in an undoubtedly less-than-safe part of town. Also with a special needs toddler.
FACT III: "All life begins with Post-it notes and ends with Post-it notes. This is the truth! This is my belief!...At least for now."

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #6399 on: September 13, 2019, 01:34:41 pm »

First step: immediately call up your renting company, tell them what happened and ask if instead of eviction you can arrange some kind of payment plan.
Love, scriver~

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6400 on: September 13, 2019, 02:34:44 pm »

Nope. They got nothing. Already served us notice that we have until Tuesday.

Probably going to need to borrow money from someone or GTFO for a while.

Grim Portent

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6401 on: September 14, 2019, 05:56:49 am »

Fell over backwards and nearly cracked my head on a concrete slab while trying to remove 10+ years of overgrown plant roots and mud from our pond. Luckily just wound up hurting my arm and thigh, but in retrospect I really wish my mother hadn't decided to get me to deal with the pond plants while she was already removing the slabs from around the pond and laying them out behind where I was pulling.
There once was a dwarf in a cave,
who many would consider brave.
With a head like a block
he went out for a sock,
his ass I won't bother to save.

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #6402 on: September 15, 2019, 09:25:06 am »

Until I get my cancer treatment sorted out, back to work and have my driver's license, my wife and I alternate staying at eachother's apartment. I share mine with Mom, she shares hers with her aunt. I would prefer staying at her place just for the relative peace and quiet...

...except for her aunt's gigantic, ugly, non-functional """""decorative""""" cookware. She has something like 20 bowls, many of which are chipped, all different makes and sizes, and ugly as sin to the last one. There's enough baking dishes to serve a kitchen at a large restaurant, but exactly one medium-sized pan. And of course, the vast majority have been unused for as long as I've known my wife. And since they're her aunt's stuff, there's not much we can do.

At least I'll be able to really appreciate buying new plates and bowls when we eventually do move out next year...
This game is Curtain Fire Shooting Game.
Girls do their best now and are preparing. Please watch warmly until it is ready.
I make games

Naxza

• Bay Watcher
  • Wanderer of Broken Worlds
    • View Profile
« Reply #6403 on: September 20, 2019, 08:53:35 pm »

I have too many beers in the fridge, I need to handwash fewer dishes and use the dishwasher, I need to not put particular things in the dishwasher, I bought the wrong soda container, said soda container sprayed soda all over some plastic bins, which I'm not allowed to clean up, I'm expected to do more dishes to help out around the place but it's so touch-and-go with which ones or when, and when the dishes are in the dishwasher, there's some arbitrary amount of time that they're heat drying so I'm not supposed to touch the but I keep interrupting it regardless because I'm trying to do the dishes I've been asked to do more of. Anything I move ends up in the wrong place.

I'm keenly aware that I'm just getting underfoot at this point and it's dampered a fun evening wherein I got to shoot nerf guns at and with a bunch of strangers in an empty library. I'm a little worried I'm just racking up a lot of favour debt staying here and I'm being neither helpful nor comfortable to alleviate or as a result of that.

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #6404 on: September 24, 2019, 07:46:46 pm »

My stupid captioning account got closed. I had to have so many individual projects with good scores by the time I'd captioned so many minutes, and I lost track of how many minutes I had captioned and ended up being like 0.15 short of the target score in one category.

It's infuriating enough that I'm still in "fuck that place, I don't need 'em anyway" mode, but I'm really upset nonetheless.
This game is Curtain Fire Shooting Game.
Girls do their best now and are preparing. Please watch warmly until it is ready.
I make games
Pages: 1 ... 425 426 [427] 428 429 ... 433