Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 426 427 [428] 429 430 ... 446

Author Topic: Things that made you mildly upset today thread  (Read 276376 times)

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • Never stabs friends, promise!
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you mildly upset today thread
« Reply #6405 on: September 25, 2019, 12:00:05 am »

Goddamn df modding tonight, could not for the life of me get this stupid frog with shearable, weaveable bones to work. I wanted a civ to wear clothes made from "woven bones," that doesn't work if it's just an inorganic, so I have to attach it to a creature, but they still won't show up unless like sheep wool or leather it has a source, like being a woven yarn. So I make the boney material and make it the frogs "hair," make it shearable and everything and sure enough that works. But then I can't spin the "bone wool" into "woven bone thread." And sure enough civ members don't wear the stuff and you can't make it. No matter what I tried I could not get the goddamn shorn frog bone hair to be spun into thread.
So I went back and instead gave the frog normal wool, like sheep wool, renamed it woven bone and only changed the material properties to make it tougher. Still can't fucking spin it. I gave up and deleted it, may try again tomorrow, may make "woven bone" out of it's leather instead. Maybe that'll work.
But I planned to accomplish so much towards fleshing out this civ, I had 5 hours to do it, and I wasted all of it trying to do what is apparently the impossible. There must be a material properties limit on the spinning job or something, like it can't be too tough or it rejects it as a candidate.
"THEN CAME TOBNOM, ASS-GOD".
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

dragdeler

• Bay Watcher
  • Disdains the law
    • View Profile
« Reply #6406 on: September 25, 2019, 03:13:50 am »

sorey but i laughed trough the whole story

Th4DwArfY1

• Bay Watcher
  • Childe Roland to the Dark Tower Came
    • View Profile
« Reply #6407 on: September 25, 2019, 03:15:35 am »

Ninja'd

Errr... somewhat the same.

All I can see is a confused frog with bones for hair.
Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination
  Th4DwArfY1 has claimed the title of Penblessed the Endless Fountain of Epics!
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

Iduno

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6408 on: September 25, 2019, 09:01:45 am »

Agreed. Your failure is better than your success would have been, like when people accidentally invent things.

I love that the civ just looks at you like "you want us to grab a frog with bones for hair, shave it, then wear the hair-bones?" Even after your fix they just didn't want anything to do with your "weird" frog hair, and giving you side-eye while you try to make it less weird for them.
No live organism can continue for long to exist sanely under conditions of absolute reality

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #6409 on: September 25, 2019, 09:56:53 am »

"But my fellows, see, I have made it so that you can spin the bones with the tools that you are already familiar with!"

*Bones bends, break, crack and snap around the spool*
Love, scriver~

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank you TamerVirus for the avatar switcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6410 on: September 25, 2019, 10:40:47 am »

This story makes me want to try modding

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6411 on: September 25, 2019, 05:18:01 pm »

It's okay, it works perfect with leather, the leather/skin mats dont have trouble being modified to be tough like bone.

I'm glad its amusing at least.
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

dragdeler

• Bay Watcher
  • Disdains the law
    • View Profile
« Reply #6412 on: September 25, 2019, 06:59:39 pm »

But aren't they tanned bones? (yeah I'm a modding noob)

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6413 on: September 26, 2019, 11:56:51 am »

In this case it's still skin/leather, I just made it really tough.

dragdeler

• Bay Watcher
  • Disdains the law
    • View Profile
« Reply #6414 on: September 26, 2019, 01:36:58 pm »

So I got 4 Gmail adresses, 1 for digital accounts, 1 for professional interraction in RL, 1 as use for a youtube account, and one recently founded that I might use to open a YT channel in the future.

I provided phone numbers to none of these... All my browsers allways delete their cookies, it has been like this for years, the log should be extremly consistant.

When I wanted to connect to YT I couldn't because of some bullshit "unknown device" pretense (no cookies = allways unknown device)... even after typing in the code from the backup adress they couldn't confirm my identity. The other addresses are all unaffected (and cascading backup adresses) YEAH NO SHIT YOU CANT CONFIRM MY IDENTITY IT'S THE POINT YOU MOTHERFUCKING DATA THIEVES I SHOULD SUE YOU

I HATE IT HATE IT HATE when I'm not trusted to secure my account myself this condescending shit is all data theft. YOU CANT CONFIRM AN IDENTITY BY ME PROVIDING A PHONE NUMBER YOU DIDN'T KNOW IN THE FIRST PLACE... Meanwhile on paypal, PAYPAL of all sites!!!!!!!! the maximum password length is like half of what I normally use when it matters

FUCK YOU FUCKING CONMEN YOU'RE NOT SELLING SECURITY NONE OF YOU ARE

Doomblade187

• Bay Watcher
  • Requires music to get through the working day.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6415 on: September 26, 2019, 01:50:12 pm »

Have a hug, mate. :( Is there a way to borrow a phone to receive a text? You could also email support to turn off two factor?
In any case it would be a battle of critical thinking and I refuse to fight an unarmed individual.

dragdeler

• Bay Watcher
  • Disdains the law
    • View Profile
« Reply #6416 on: September 26, 2019, 06:23:02 pm »

Yup I'll have to haggle it out with support but by phone it kinda defeats the purpose. It's as if they knew because I can't interract with YT without a google account, all the other functions could be handled with another service... Except that lol, I can still access an old account from a business that went bankrupt years ago... The irony is they tried to confirm this one too but I was free to simply skip, I swear this is so arbitrary I should migrate the email adresses that matter before they decide to cut me off - I never did eventhough I saw similar because so far I allways managed to get back in.

Well this other account shall do just fine to comment and vote. You ain't getting my phone number google, even the android isn't linked to an account and carries no sim card anyway. And you ain't linking my watching behaviour with my buying behaviour, not without somebody manually putting 1 and 1 together, no siree!

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #6417 on: September 27, 2019, 07:03:31 pm »

The internet suggests no one has drawn a picture of a swole Deckard Cain oiled up to the caption, "Stay awhile and glisten." It makes me mildly sad :(
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
  • Dead Postocalypse lies dreaming.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6418 on: September 27, 2019, 07:09:11 pm »

The internet suggests no one has drawn a picture of a swole Deckard Cain oiled up to the caption, "Stay awhile and glisten." It makes me mildly sad :(

Shtay awhile and identify itemsh
FACT I: Post note art is best art.
FACT II: Dunamisdeos is a forum-certified wordsmith.
FACT III: "All life begins with Post-it notes and ends with Post-it notes. This is the truth! This is my belief!...At least for now."
FACT IV: SPEECHO THE TRUSTWORM IS YOUR FRIEND or BEHOLD: THE FRUIT ENGINE 3.0

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • Has Always Been
    • View Profile
« Reply #6419 on: September 27, 2019, 08:53:31 pm »

Be the change you want to see in the world.
Since its abandonment, creatures have been known to create entrance to MaintLayer for purpose of shelter and ambush. Should you find yourself MaintLayer, ab̴a̴ndoǹ h͡ópę
Pages: 1 ... 426 427 [428] 429 430 ... 446