Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 419 420 [421] 422 423 ... 771

Author Topic: Things that made you mildly upset today thread  (Read 819470 times)

Arx

• Bay Watcher
  • Iron within, iron without.
    • View Profile
    • Art!
Re: Things that made you mildly upset today thread
« Reply #6300 on: September 13, 2019, 02:42:45 am »

Me: I should buy Sublime, I use it a lot.

* Sublime costs $80

Oh okay.

I am on Discord as Arx#2415.
Hail to the mind of man! / Fire in the sky
I've been waiting for you / On this day we die.

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
  • Duggin was the hero we needed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6301 on: September 13, 2019, 12:15:41 pm »

My wife spent all our money on stuff and now we might get evicted.

Hoping we can find like 300$ in like 4 days.
FACT I: Post note art is best art.
FACT II: Dunamisdeos is a forum-certified wordsmith.
FACT III: "All life begins with Post-it notes and ends with Post-it notes. This is the truth! This is my belief!...At least for now."
FACT IV: SPEECHO THE TRUSTWORM IS YOUR FRIEND or BEHOLD: THE FRUIT ENGINE 3.0

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #6302 on: September 13, 2019, 12:24:06 pm »

The fuck? What happened?

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6303 on: September 13, 2019, 12:53:55 pm »

The fuck? What happened?

Basically she took over finances and made a number of mistakes, and now we do not have all of our rent money. Also, we have 5 days to make up the difference.

We've been in trouble for a while and I think she was afraid to tell me. She was in a creatively abusive relationship with a legit sadist before we got together and it was empowering for her to do our finances, so I took a hands-off approach. Memories of that are probably what made her afraid to say anything too.

Anyway we either find money or get our homeless on until we find a place that will let us live there with an eviction on our record in an undoubtedly less-than-safe part of town. Also with a special needs toddler.
FACT III: "All life begins with Post-it notes and ends with Post-it notes. This is the truth! This is my belief!...At least for now."

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #6304 on: September 13, 2019, 01:34:41 pm »

First step: immediately call up your renting company, tell them what happened and ask if instead of eviction you can arrange some kind of payment plan.
Love, scriver~

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6305 on: September 13, 2019, 02:34:44 pm »

Nope. They got nothing. Already served us notice that we have until Tuesday.

Probably going to need to borrow money from someone or GTFO for a while.

Grim Portent

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6306 on: September 14, 2019, 05:56:49 am »

Fell over backwards and nearly cracked my head on a concrete slab while trying to remove 10+ years of overgrown plant roots and mud from our pond. Luckily just wound up hurting my arm and thigh, but in retrospect I really wish my mother hadn't decided to get me to deal with the pond plants while she was already removing the slabs from around the pond and laying them out behind where I was pulling.
There once was a dwarf in a cave,
who many would consider brave.
With a head like a block
he went out for a sock,
his ass I won't bother to save.

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #6307 on: September 15, 2019, 09:25:06 am »

Until I get my cancer treatment sorted out, back to work and have my driver's license, my wife and I alternate staying at eachother's apartment. I share mine with Mom, she shares hers with her aunt. I would prefer staying at her place just for the relative peace and quiet...

...except for her aunt's gigantic, ugly, non-functional """""decorative""""" cookware. She has something like 20 bowls, many of which are chipped, all different makes and sizes, and ugly as sin to the last one. There's enough baking dishes to serve a kitchen at a large restaurant, but exactly one medium-sized pan. And of course, the vast majority have been unused for as long as I've known my wife. And since they're her aunt's stuff, there's not much we can do.

At least I'll be able to really appreciate buying new plates and bowls when we eventually do move out next year...
This game is Curtain Fire Shooting Game.
Girls do their best now and are preparing. Please watch warmly until it is ready.

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #6308 on: September 24, 2019, 07:46:46 pm »

My stupid captioning account got closed. I had to have so many individual projects with good scores by the time I'd captioned so many minutes, and I lost track of how many minutes I had captioned and ended up being like 0.15 short of the target score in one category.

It's infuriating enough that I'm still in "fuck that place, I don't need 'em anyway" mode, but I'm really upset nonetheless.
This game is Curtain Fire Shooting Game.
Girls do their best now and are preparing. Please watch warmly until it is ready.

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #6309 on: September 25, 2019, 12:00:05 am »

Goddamn df modding tonight, could not for the life of me get this stupid frog with shearable, weaveable bones to work. I wanted a civ to wear clothes made from "woven bones," that doesn't work if it's just an inorganic, so I have to attach it to a creature, but they still won't show up unless like sheep wool or leather it has a source, like being a woven yarn. So I make the boney material and make it the frogs "hair," make it shearable and everything and sure enough that works. But then I can't spin the "bone wool" into "woven bone thread." And sure enough civ members don't wear the stuff and you can't make it. No matter what I tried I could not get the goddamn shorn frog bone hair to be spun into thread.
So I went back and instead gave the frog normal wool, like sheep wool, renamed it woven bone and only changed the material properties to make it tougher. Still can't fucking spin it. I gave up and deleted it, may try again tomorrow, may make "woven bone" out of it's leather instead. Maybe that'll work.
But I planned to accomplish so much towards fleshing out this civ, I had 5 hours to do it, and I wasted all of it trying to do what is apparently the impossible. There must be a material properties limit on the spinning job or something, like it can't be too tough or it rejects it as a candidate.
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

dragdeler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6310 on: September 25, 2019, 03:13:50 am »

-
« Last Edit: November 23, 2020, 11:59:19 am by dragdeler »
let

TD1

• Bay Watcher
  • Childe Roland to the Dark Tower Came
    • View Profile
« Reply #6311 on: September 25, 2019, 03:15:35 am »

Ninja'd

Errr... somewhat the same.

All I can see is a confused frog with bones for hair.
Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination
  TD1 has claimed the title of Penblessed the Endless Fountain of Epics!
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

Iduno

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6312 on: September 25, 2019, 09:01:45 am »

Agreed. Your failure is better than your success would have been, like when people accidentally invent things.

I love that the civ just looks at you like "you want us to grab a frog with bones for hair, shave it, then wear the hair-bones?" Even after your fix they just didn't want anything to do with your "weird" frog hair, and giving you side-eye while you try to make it less weird for them.

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #6313 on: September 25, 2019, 09:56:53 am »

"But my fellows, see, I have made it so that you can spin the bones with the tools that you are already familiar with!"

*Bones bends, break, crack and snap around the spool*
Love, scriver~

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank you TamerVirus for the avatar switcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6314 on: September 25, 2019, 10:40:47 am »

This story makes me want to try modding
Pages: 1 ... 419 420 [421] 422 423 ... 771