Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 421 422 [423] 424 425 ... 772

Author Topic: Things that made you mildly upset today thread  (Read 820216 times)

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you mildly upset today thread
« Reply #6330 on: September 28, 2019, 04:46:38 pm »

That'll do, hoss, that'll do.

... just make sure it shows up on google image searches somehow or another.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
  • Duggin was the hero we needed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6331 on: September 28, 2019, 04:51:57 pm »

Peckard Cain? Pec-hard Cain? Deckard Gains?

Hmmm...

We have a winner

That'll do, hoss, that'll do.

... just make sure it shows up on google image searches somehow or another.

I put it on imgur so who knows.
FACT I: Post note art is best art.
FACT II: Dunamisdeos is a forum-certified wordsmith.
FACT III: "All life begins with Post-it notes and ends with Post-it notes. This is the truth! This is my belief!...At least for now."
FACT IV: SPEECHO THE TRUSTWORM IS YOUR FRIEND or BEHOLD: THE FRUIT ENGINE 3.0

heydude6

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6332 on: September 29, 2019, 01:42:40 pm »

Goddamn df modding tonight, could not for the life of me get this stupid frog with shearable, weaveable bones to work. I wanted a civ to wear clothes made from "woven bones," that doesn't work if it's just an inorganic, so I have to attach it to a creature, but they still won't show up unless like sheep wool or leather it has a source, like being a woven yarn. So I make the boney material and make it the frogs "hair," make it shearable and everything and sure enough that works. But then I can't spin the "bone wool" into "woven bone thread." And sure enough civ members don't wear the stuff and you can't make it. No matter what I tried I could not get the goddamn shorn frog bone hair to be spun into thread.
So I went back and instead gave the frog normal wool, like sheep wool, renamed it woven bone and only changed the material properties to make it tougher. Still can't fucking spin it. I gave up and deleted it, may try again tomorrow, may make "woven bone" out of it's leather instead. Maybe that'll work.
But I planned to accomplish so much towards fleshing out this civ, I had 5 hours to do it, and I wasted all of it trying to do what is apparently the impossible. There must be a material properties limit on the spinning job or something, like it can't be too tough or it rejects it as a candidate.

I used to do modding. I actually fixed a similar bug in masterwork though it was tanning rather than spinning. Could you post the RAWs? By that I mean post the material, post the creature, plus any other files you changed and I’ll take a look.
Lets use the ancient naval art of training war parrots. No one will realize they have been boarded by space war parrots until it is to late!
You can fake being able to run on water. You can't fake looking cool when you break your foot on a door and hit your head on the floor.

BlackFlyme

• Bay Watcher
  • BlackFlyme cancels Work: Interrupted by bird.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6333 on: September 29, 2019, 06:55:46 pm »

I bought one of those caramel-filled ice cream cones, only to find it hollow instead.

My disappointment is immeasurable and my day is ruined.

Trolldefender99

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6334 on: September 29, 2019, 06:58:41 pm »

I bought one of those caramel-filled ice cream cones, only to find it hollow instead.

My disappointment is immeasurable and my day is ruined.

I bought one last year and in the middle of the icecream was a long, thick strand of hair.

Last year I also bought instant oatmeal (the kind in packets), and there was a strand of hair in it.

Last year as well I bought coffee from a coffee shop and the bottom of the cup had hair in it

If that makes you feel any better :P Last year was stranger hair year for me :( That been a good year to post in this thread, my horrible hair experiences in food
« Last Edit: September 29, 2019, 07:00:48 pm by Trolldefender99 »

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #6335 on: September 30, 2019, 08:28:26 pm »

Everybody complains about not wanting to cook or plan meals or shop for groceries. I want to take charge of my diet and the kinds of food I eat. I tell them "Let me cook, let me shop, I'll take care of it, it's one more adult skill I need." No, everybody wants Chinese or fast food or ice cream or candy. Leave my cooking untouched in the bottom of the fridge, come home with takeout every other night and say "Okay, this time I'm going to get serious," then ask me if I mind just getting Chinese for what feels like the eleventy billionth time this month.
This game is Curtain Fire Shooting Game.
Girls do their best now and are preparing. Please watch warmly until it is ready.

TD1

• Bay Watcher
  • Childe Roland to the Dark Tower Came
    • View Profile
« Reply #6336 on: October 01, 2019, 03:46:52 am »

Cook for yourself? That's largely what I do. Less economical than eating as a group (though if you're buying Chinese all the time, maybe not...) but way healthier.

I start the day with porridge and an apple, have something random for lunch, exercise and drink a pressed lemon, then a salad for dinner and a banana afterwards.

At least, that's what I aim for. It doesn't always happen, and getting into the routine took ages and many slip-backs.
Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination
  TD1 has claimed the title of Penblessed the Endless Fountain of Epics!
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6337 on: October 01, 2019, 05:03:13 am »

How good is porridge?!
I always hated it when it was forced upon me as a kid, but years later I for some reason tried it as an adult and discovered to my surprise that it is 🔥.
And to think some plebs eat Weet-Bix instead!
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #6338 on: October 01, 2019, 05:09:10 am »

I like porridge, but it leaves a bitter and unpleasant coating on my tongue.

I'd love some proper shredded wheat, but apparently that doesn't fucking exist in Norway... Closest thing is Weetabix.

So... Sandwiches. Usually I just eat sandwiches.

Il Palazzo

• Bay Watcher
  • And lo, the Dude did abide. And it was good.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6339 on: October 01, 2019, 06:27:07 am »

I start the day with porridge and an apple, have something random for lunch, exercise and drink a pressed lemon, then a salad for dinner and a banana afterwards.
You living where you do, I'm guessing both the salad and the banana are made of porridge too?

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank you TamerVirus for the avatar switcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6340 on: October 01, 2019, 06:53:55 am »

You living where you do, I'm guessing both the salad and the banana are made of porridge too?
This made me wonder, is porridge sculpting a thing? Yes, apparently it is

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #6341 on: October 01, 2019, 06:54:41 am »

Soured milk is king in the morning. You guys won't know what a good day is until you've started it with a big bowl of soured milk.
Love, scriver~

Iduno

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6342 on: October 01, 2019, 11:55:12 am »

It's snowing now. It usually doesn't snow until Halloween. I'm sick of the snow already

Trade you. Summer is expected to last through December this year here. It started in late February. At least early/late summer was/will be only low 90s or upper 80s. every day.

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank you TamerVirus for the avatar switcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6343 on: October 01, 2019, 12:02:13 pm »

It's snowing now. It usually doesn't snow until Halloween. I'm sick of the snow already

Trade you. Summer is expected to last through December this year here. It started in late February. At least early/late summer was/will be only low 90s or upper 80s. every day.
If there was something that allowed the trading of seasons? Would the magic be called seasonmancy?
Or the science be messing with the air temperature in specific areas?

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #6344 on: October 01, 2019, 02:05:11 pm »

If there was something that allowed the trading of seasons? Would the magic be called seasonmancy?
Probably either meteoromancy or epochemancy or something like that...
Pages: 1 ... 421 422 [423] 424 425 ... 772