Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 430 431 [432] 433 434 ... 453

Author Topic: Things that made you mildly upset today thread  (Read 284833 times)

ggamer

• Bay Watcher
  • Reach Heaven through Violence
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you mildly upset today thread
« Reply #6465 on: October 09, 2019, 02:40:41 pm »

I want to go to pride this Sunday, but everything in my life says no right now 😭😭😭😭😭😭

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #6466 on: October 09, 2019, 05:02:08 pm »

Got my first payment since the jobcentre deemed me unfit for work and it's sinking in to my brain more now.

Honestly feeling pretty weird about it, jobcentre appointments were one of the few things I could bring myself to leave the house for and now I'm not going to have any for a year and I'm not expected to follow any requirements to receive my benefits. I'm worried I'm going to just keep sitting at home decaying even more now.

I guess I should make some quality of life purchases and try to sort my brain out in the extra time/with the extra money I've got. A new mattress and a back brace would probably be good ideas.  :-\

You get used to it, sorta... I mean, you're never really comfortable with it, but the feeling you get at the beginning goes away and you can start focusing on having a life. As for getting out and doing activities, friends help... Friends help a lot. I personally went from feeling like I had nothing to drive me and an endless expanse of sitting with my own thoughts, to feeling like I don't even have enough time to take care of all the leisure pursuits people hang themselves on.

You'll settle in and find a routine of sorts, it's just a bit of an adjustment period. Now you get to focus on yourself and making the foundation that is you be a little more sturdy, and then you can build off of that.

And just because there's no set deadline for the benefits doesn't necessarily mean they're permanent as such. It's just that now you're a little more in control of the timing, and don't have to have the gov't looming over your shoulder quite as much.

Iduno

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6467 on: October 10, 2019, 07:55:03 am »

I don't feel exactly upset but the other thread is for more personal/emotional stuff...

The area near where I work has a severe lack of parking space for the amount of people that come here everyday  and every single day I have to explain to all kinds of people that "no you can't leave your car/motorcycle in front of the store", "no, it doesn't matter if the store is closing soon", "no it's not public space" etc. Tonight one of said drivers was a mute.. I think. His companion explained to him,  what I said in sign language. It feels wrong.

That sounds like a job a sign could do. Have they considered letting people know about the policy without having to ask?

Alternatively, seize the means of producing signs and let them know it was my idea ("Iduno").

I want to go to pride this Sunday, but everything in my life says no right now 😭😭😭😭😭😭

Being sick (I'm guessing) during things you want to go to sucks. Or work, but that's usually not very good.
No live organism can continue for long to exist sanely under conditions of absolute reality

Ulfarr

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling modder, Adequate Thread Derailer
    • View Profile
« Reply #6468 on: October 10, 2019, 09:37:33 am »

That sounds like a job a sign could do. Have they considered letting people know about the policy without having to ask?

Alternatively, seize the means of producing signs and let them know it was my idea ("Iduno").

You assume that they would respect the sign but they won't. The store right next to where I work, has a dedicated parking lot and still has the same problem with people constantly blocking the lot's exit despite having three big ass signs saying that they can't park there. Oh well, this whole parking thing doesn't bother me much, but refusing something to a disabled human felt like a unnecessarily dick move, despite having the legal right to do so.

methylatedspirit

• Bay Watcher
  • perpetually lost
    • View Profile
« Reply #6469 on: October 11, 2019, 05:54:24 am »

I'm experiencing a full-body allergic reaction. It's really fucking itchy. It's like my skin is playing Gmail and the Restraining Orders, and every sample that plays gets transformed into an itch.

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank you TamerVirus for the avatar switcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6470 on: October 11, 2019, 08:42:32 am »

What are you allergic to?

methylatedspirit

• Bay Watcher
  • perpetually lost
    • View Profile
« Reply #6471 on: October 11, 2019, 08:58:34 am »

That's the !!FUN!! part; I have no clue what I'm allergic to. It's probably something I ate.

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #6472 on: October 11, 2019, 09:20:19 am »

What's the temperature of the environment you're in? Heat/cold allergies exist, and can develop later in life.

EDIT: Or if you just wore an old wetsuit or something, close contact with mold/mildew can occasionally spark a reaction.

methylatedspirit

• Bay Watcher
  • perpetually lost
    • View Profile
« Reply #6473 on: October 11, 2019, 09:33:47 am »

Weather app says 24C right now (it's currently 10:33 pm here). It's also been somewhat colder overall, because rainy season just started and it's been raining every goddamned day since it did.

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #6474 on: October 11, 2019, 10:00:06 am »

Alright, considering your local climate that should be fairly alright, but that said I do have a friend who breaks out in hives as soon as the temperature goes above 20 C.  ...and my dad, who gets hives if it goes below 12.

Not much to do except wait and see if/when it gets better.

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #6475 on: October 14, 2019, 09:51:12 pm »

I only get a really good workout if somebody else is around to set the pace and keep me on track. The "exercise" I've been doing on my own ain't shit.
This game is Curtain Fire Shooting Game.
Girls do their best now and are preparing. Please watch warmly until it is ready.
I make games

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #6476 on: October 15, 2019, 02:09:13 am »

I only get a really good workout if somebody else is around to set the pace and keep me on track. The "exercise" I've been doing on my own ain't shit.
Oh hey, relevant: I went to the gym today for the first time since September 20th, since my workout buddy is finally back from vacation and is here to kick my ass into gear.

Someone stole my shoes.

Arx

• Bay Watcher
  • Iron within, iron without.
    • View Profile
    • Art!
« Reply #6477 on: October 16, 2019, 03:41:23 am »

I can't find my focus. Everything is a distraction, from my jacked up shoulder to how bad my posture is when I sit so I don't bother it to the draft if the fan is on and the heat if it's not.

I am on Discord as Arx#2415.
I'm gonna fight for what's right / Today I'm speaking my mind
And if it kills me tonight / I will be ready to die.

Mel lives again! Fight monsters; fight crime; fight compound interest...

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #6478 on: October 16, 2019, 08:44:47 am »

The way my wife's workplace treats her is starting to piss me off. Today is only the billionth time they've had her stay for twice the length of her original shift. Because things like "writing realistic schedules" and "hiring enough people" would just be too fucking much to ask.

From what she and her coworkers keep saying, it sounds like they're stuffing in as many residents as they can even as their manpower drops like a rock. If this is what I can expect from nursing homes when I get older, I'd rather my relatives take me behind the shed.
This game is Curtain Fire Shooting Game.
Girls do their best now and are preparing. Please watch warmly until it is ready.
I make games

wierd

• Bay Watcher
  • I like to eat small children.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6479 on: October 16, 2019, 08:52:01 am »

That, and the incidence rate of dementia has actually increased.

https://www.healio.com/psychiatry/alzheimers-disease-dementia/news/online/%7B71e1ae94-2c23-41fa-a0f3-d3caafec92e9%7D/dementia-incidence-increased-117-globally-from-1990-to-2016

There is a healthcare crisis right now, with a large aging population, with a growing incidence rate of debilitating end of life mental health issues, and a lack of staff, and a lack of funding to properly secure that staff.

Our home is having the same problem.  We have taken quite a few "difficult" residents, and our staff is getting jaded and threadbare.

Pages: 1 ... 430 431 [432] 433 434 ... 453