Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 424 425 [426] 427 428 ... 771

Author Topic: Things that made you mildly upset today thread  (Read 819488 times)

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you mildly upset today thread
« Reply #6375 on: October 11, 2019, 09:20:19 am »

What's the temperature of the environment you're in? Heat/cold allergies exist, and can develop later in life.

EDIT: Or if you just wore an old wetsuit or something, close contact with mold/mildew can occasionally spark a reaction.

methylatedspirit

• Bay Watcher
  • it/its
    • View Profile
« Reply #6376 on: October 11, 2019, 09:33:47 am »

Weather app says 24°C right now (it's currently 10:33 pm here). It's also been somewhat colder overall, because rainy season just started and it's been raining every goddamned day since it did.

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #6377 on: October 11, 2019, 10:00:06 am »

Alright, considering your local climate that should be fairly alright, but that said I do have a friend who breaks out in hives as soon as the temperature goes above 20 C.  ...and my dad, who gets hives if it goes below 12.

Not much to do except wait and see if/when it gets better.

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #6378 on: October 14, 2019, 09:51:12 pm »

I only get a really good workout if somebody else is around to set the pace and keep me on track. The "exercise" I've been doing on my own ain't shit.
This game is Curtain Fire Shooting Game.
Girls do their best now and are preparing. Please watch warmly until it is ready.

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #6379 on: October 15, 2019, 02:09:13 am »

I only get a really good workout if somebody else is around to set the pace and keep me on track. The "exercise" I've been doing on my own ain't shit.
Oh hey, relevant: I went to the gym today for the first time since September 20th, since my workout buddy is finally back from vacation and is here to kick my ass into gear.

Someone stole my shoes.

Arx

• Bay Watcher
  • Iron within, iron without.
    • View Profile
    • Art!
« Reply #6380 on: October 16, 2019, 03:41:23 am »

I can't find my focus. Everything is a distraction, from my jacked up shoulder to how bad my posture is when I sit so I don't bother it to the draft if the fan is on and the heat if it's not.

I am on Discord as Arx#2415.
Hail to the mind of man! / Fire in the sky
I've been waiting for you / On this day we die.

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #6381 on: October 16, 2019, 08:44:47 am »

The way my wife's workplace treats her is starting to piss me off. Today is only the billionth time they've had her stay for twice the length of her original shift. Because things like "writing realistic schedules" and "hiring enough people" would just be too fucking much to ask.

From what she and her coworkers keep saying, it sounds like they're stuffing in as many residents as they can even as their manpower drops like a rock. If this is what I can expect from nursing homes when I get older, I'd rather my relatives take me behind the shed.
Girls do their best now and are preparing. Please watch warmly until it is ready.

wierd

• Bay Watcher
  • I like to eat small children.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6382 on: October 16, 2019, 08:52:01 am »

That, and the incidence rate of dementia has actually increased.

https://www.healio.com/psychiatry/alzheimers-disease-dementia/news/online/%7B71e1ae94-2c23-41fa-a0f3-d3caafec92e9%7D/dementia-incidence-increased-117-globally-from-1990-to-2016

There is a healthcare crisis right now, with a large aging population, with a growing incidence rate of debilitating end of life mental health issues, and a lack of staff, and a lack of funding to properly secure that staff.

Our home is having the same problem.  We have taken quite a few "difficult" residents, and our staff is getting jaded and threadbare.

Reelya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6383 on: October 16, 2019, 08:58:26 am »

I'd rather my relatives take me behind the shed.

Behind the shed is where itisnotlogical confesses to Senpai.

Grim Portent

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6384 on: October 17, 2019, 07:14:39 am »

Tremors are building up again. Wasn't sure if I noticed any reduction while I was on Propranolol, but now I'm off it again I'm thinking it probably was helping and I just didn't notice.
There once was a dwarf in a cave,
who many would consider brave.
With a head like a block
he went out for a sock,
his ass I won't bother to save.

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #6385 on: October 19, 2019, 06:54:51 pm »

I am so tired of ads, whether on Youtube, Hulu, on the web, in magazines or papers or in the mail. I'm tired of them patronizing me like I'm stupid. No, putting shiny dolphins and shitty pixel art doesn't make me want to drink Fanta, and you can't "design an aria for an SUV" whatever the hell that means. Coopting the aesthetics of memes and the slang young people use doesn't make an ad any more appealing, it's condescending bullshit and I wish to God it would stop.

Reelya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6386 on: October 19, 2019, 07:11:18 pm »

I was an adventurer too until I took a Pepsi to the knee.

scourge728

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6387 on: October 19, 2019, 08:11:03 pm »

progressive has mildly entertaining ads

WealthyRadish

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6388 on: October 19, 2019, 09:49:22 pm »

I am so tired of ads, whether on Youtube, Hulu, on the web, in magazines or papers or in the mail. I'm tired of them patronizing me like I'm stupid. No, putting shiny dolphins and shitty pixel art doesn't make me want to drink Fanta, and you can't "design an aria for an SUV" whatever the hell that means. Coopting the aesthetics of memes and the slang young people use doesn't make an ad any more appealing, it's condescending bullshit and I wish to God it would stop.

I think it's been years since I last saw an advertisement, meatspace excluded.

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #6389 on: October 20, 2019, 01:34:35 am »

It's free real estate.
Pages: 1 ... 424 425 [426] 427 428 ... 771