Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 425 426 [427] 428 429 ... 771

Author Topic: Things that made you mildly upset today thread  (Read 819918 times)

Jopax

• Bay Watcher
  • Cat on a hat
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you mildly upset today thread
« Reply #6390 on: October 20, 2019, 02:51:05 am »

I was eyeing this one T90MS scale model on e-bay, was eager to get it but since it's a complex thing I was thinking of waiting until I do one or two simpler kits so it's not ruined by my inexperience. The seller had a few in stock and they were suprisingly cheap (like 40ish$ total with shipping, when other sellers were going for 70+). Well, two days later they're all gone and I'm being hit by fomo aftershocks for not getting it and just letting it sit until I was ready to put it together :C
"my batteries are low and it's getting dark"
AS - IG

ggamer

• Bay Watcher
  • Reach Heaven through Violence
    • View Profile
« Reply #6391 on: October 20, 2019, 05:52:12 am »

Insomnia makes me yearn for ego death 👀👀👌🤙✌️🔥👍✌️🤙👌😬🔥🔥😭😭😂😂😵😵👌🤙🤙🤙🤙🤙🤙🤙🤙🔥🔥🅱️

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #6392 on: October 20, 2019, 06:05:39 am »

Insomnia makes me yearn for ego death 👀👀👌🤙✌️🔥👍✌️🤙👌😬🔥🔥😭😭😂😂😵😵👌🤙🤙🤙🤙🤙🤙🤙🤙🔥🔥🅱️
In🅱️omnia 👌👌

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #6393 on: October 20, 2019, 08:45:51 am »

I am so tired of ads, whether on Youtube, Hulu, on the web, in magazines or papers or in the mail. I'm tired of them patronizing me like I'm stupid. No, putting shiny dolphins and shitty pixel art doesn't make me want to drink Fanta, and you can't "design an aria for an SUV" whatever the hell that means. Coopting the aesthetics of memes and the slang young people use doesn't make an ad any more appealing, it's condescending bullshit and I wish to God it would stop.
About the only ads i see are on my commute and when I go into a store of some kind.  I see the same style ads as always.

one about losing 140 lbs with slimfast,
one for joining a gym for pennies on the dollar,
one that says we drink cow milk, kidnap cow babies, eat cow meat, and that we're monsters
one that tells me to join my local university's open house
one that tells me about how im going to hell unless i call a number
one that is a christian prolife center disguised as a helpline.

I watch next to no TV either, and its mostly news stations, so what i do see is either progressice/conservative tat or ads for moms and dads who stay at home

P:  adblock is super tech
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

TD1

• Bay Watcher
  • Childe Roland to the Dark Tower Came
    • View Profile
« Reply #6394 on: October 20, 2019, 09:22:19 am »

Over the last fortnight I went from 11 4 to 10 11. Wonder if these things fluctuate much. First time weighing myself.and there were some surprising swings.
Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination
  TD1 has claimed the title of Penblessed the Endless Fountain of Epics!
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

IcyTea31

• Bay Watcher
  • Studying functions and fiction
    • View Profile
« Reply #6395 on: October 20, 2019, 09:33:14 am »

Assuming those values are in stones and pounds, that much in two weeks falls within normal fluctuation. The weight of your clothing and how much you've eaten and excreted recently can also affect the measurement.
There is a world yet only seen by physicists and magicians.

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #6396 on: October 20, 2019, 09:39:32 am »

Got my first payment since the jobcentre deemed me unfit for work and it's sinking in to my brain more now.

Honestly feeling pretty weird about it, jobcentre appointments were one of the few things I could bring myself to leave the house for and now I'm not going to have any for a year and I'm not expected to follow any requirements to receive my benefits. I'm worried I'm going to just keep sitting at home decaying even more now.

I guess I should make some quality of life purchases and try to sort my brain out in the extra time/with the extra money I've got. A new mattress and a back brace would probably be good ideas.  :-\
Is there some activity that could replace the job center visit?

You could, for example, do a volunteer thing? I do not know your personal situation.
If it's anything like Spain attendance is mandatory for unemployment benefits.  Not that its attendance for anything useful mind you. Its talks about job finding and shit like that.   It's mostly about signing the atrendance form and hitting the road, unless you *truly* have nothing better to do.
There's two kinds of performance reviews: the one you make they don't read, the one they make whilst they sharpen their daggers
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #6397 on: October 23, 2019, 01:22:52 pm »

I was considering making a digital version of The Shadow Prince, an old gamebook from the 80's based on The Legend of Zelda. Playing through the book, it unfortunately seems like the decisions are based on grade-school learning activities (mazes, identifying shapes, coloring squares, etc.) disguised as puzzles. Not the most compelling gameplay.
This game is Curtain Fire Shooting Game.
Girls do their best now and are preparing. Please watch warmly until it is ready.

Doomblade187

• Bay Watcher
  • Requires music to get through the working day.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6398 on: October 23, 2019, 01:25:03 pm »

I was considering making a digital version of The Shadow Prince, an old gamebook from the 80's based on The Legend of Zelda. Playing through the book, it unfortunately seems like the decisions are based on grade-school learning activities (mazes, identifying shapes, coloring squares, etc.) disguised as puzzles. Not the most compelling gameplay.
You could always change the internal mechanics.
In any case it would be a battle of critical thinking and I refuse to fight an unarmed individual.
One mustn't stare into the pathos, lest one become Pathos.

ggamer

• Bay Watcher
  • Reach Heaven through Violence
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you feel i dunno fuckin conflicted today thread
« Reply #6399 on: October 23, 2019, 11:53:39 pm »

Got paid today. Upside: it was enough money to keep my bank from slapping my face with the overdraft cock. Downside: it was for the first five days I was working at my new job, since the pay period is fucked  :'(

I'm in at 9/hr, which is lower than it should be given i'm servsafe certified. I'll have to bring it up if I see the gm tomorrow.

Enough money for gas, but not enough for Gas :(. I feel alright with taking a break from smoking anyway, at least until i get some pocket change. I feel as though i've gotten a bit too dependant on it to help me sleep, and I'm always cool with lowering my tolerance so I don't have to smoke as much.

I took two dipenhydramine so lets hope I actually sleep tonight instead of staring at my ceiling for an hour and deciding i should just read until 8 am instead.

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #6400 on: October 25, 2019, 03:05:19 pm »

Super terrible cold. Cannot stop coughing every time I try to talk, nose is garbage. Tired and weak etc. Coughed up a lung in front of a couple regular customers

Up(down?)side; got sent home from work and told not to come in for work tomorrow. I guess I still have PTO time. Hopefully a little... Can't afford unpaid days off that's for damn sure
« Last Edit: October 25, 2019, 03:07:36 pm by Eric Blank »
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

Eschar

• Bay Watcher
  • hello
    • View Profile
« Reply #6401 on: October 25, 2019, 05:26:18 pm »

Dammit, why do I not know how to have a five minute minor conversation

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank you TamerVirus for the avatar switcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6402 on: October 25, 2019, 05:53:17 pm »

I have this problem too. I have better luck joining existing conversations than starting new ones. Make sure you say something that is on topic with the conversation. The converters will let you know if they want you to join by either ignoring what you said, asking you to leave, responding to what you said, or asking your name. The first two were for if they don’t want you to join, the last two were for if they accept your join attempt. Did this help?

Eschar

• Bay Watcher
  • hello
    • View Profile
« Reply #6403 on: October 25, 2019, 05:58:49 pm »

I have this problem too. I have better luck joining existing conversations than starting new ones. Make sure you say something that is on topic with the conversation. The converters will let you know if they want you to join by either ignoring what you said, asking you to leave, responding to what you said, or asking your name. The first two were for if they don’t want you to join, the last two were for if they accept your join attempt. Did this help?

Thank you for the info!

What about joining existing conversations where everyone involved is acquainted with me - since, naturally, they won't be asking my name?

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank you TamerVirus for the avatar switcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6404 on: October 25, 2019, 06:11:15 pm »

Thank you for the info!

What about joining existing conversations where everyone involved is acquainted with me - since, naturally, they won't be asking my name?
Ah, if they wish for you to join, they will likely respond to what you said. I learned how to converse by listening to others converse, though you have to be careful about which conversations you attempt to join, responding to some conversations where the participants don’t want new converters is called eavesdropping, which I learned in middle school on a bus. Apparently I’ve been “eavesdropping” for a while. I thought it was normal to listen to conversations, the 4 in the previous post were merely examples, there are more ways they can let you know, subtle ways like the tone that they respond to you with, or something. If you are unsure whether they gave a signal for you to join, you could do another response, and if they want you to leave they will give a less subtle signal. Signals that indicate that you can join could include literally expanding the circle, as people tend to conversate in a way that allows everyone to see each other, which usually results in a circle of people sitting/standing facing each other while talking. If they want you to join, some can move farther apart so that you can integrate yourself in the circle and continue responding. It is good to listen to get an idea of what the conversation is about. Topics can change wildly within the same conversation, so you must always be listening and responding accordingly. If any of this confusing let me know which parts are confusing so I can explain it better. Sometimes I am bad at explaining things so it helps to know what parts are confusing so I can explain those parts better.
Pages: 1 ... 425 426 [427] 428 429 ... 771