Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 441 442 [443] 444 445 ... 775

Author Topic: Things that made you mildly upset today thread  (Read 841301 times)

Doomblade187

• Bay Watcher
  • Requires music to get through the working day.
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you mildly upset today thread
« Reply #6630 on: November 29, 2019, 11:44:53 am »

A pertinent point of course, except persons of Indian subcontinental descent are of very low population numbers in the local area; Vietnamese, Korean, and Lao populations dominate.  Those tend toward being lactose intolerant...
Which is exactly why the resident Indians have to get their specific groceries at the East Asian market, instead of there being enough demand for their own dedicated shops!

Well, I mean, I say that... And the Turkish shop down the street here does stock Thai wares because there's no proper generic Asian mart... But on the other hand, the Vietnamese propped up their own tiny little grocer a couple streets over, and I'm pretty sure the people running the place are mainly just selling to the one other Vietnamese family in the city.
Give them your money yes. :3
In any case it would be a battle of critical thinking and I refuse to fight an unarmed individual.
One mustn't stare into the pathos, lest one become Pathos.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6631 on: November 30, 2019, 05:54:29 am »

Feeling kinda pretty much half dead.
Not sure how much is hangover and how much is from getting rained on last night thanks to the trains being down.

Bring me paracetamol and fruit juice please.
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #6632 on: November 30, 2019, 04:05:01 pm »

Angry customer, chewing me out and blaming me for his having expired propane tanks, saying I always do this to him ever since I started here and I'm victimizing him. I went and lost my cool and told him he wasn't welcome here anymore. And I know I'm gonna have to discuss it with the boss and possibly even get written up for it. Damnit.
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #6633 on: November 30, 2019, 06:23:03 pm »

Trying to adapt a Nintendo Adventure Book into a Twine interactive story. While the text is legible, a lot of the art is in pretty bad condition. The only scan I could find of "The Shadow Prince" seems to have been made in 2000, and it shows in the artifacting and poor contrast. Adding to that is the fact that many of them are puzzle elements you're meant to draw on with pencil, which the owner of the scanned book obviously did.
This game is Curtain Fire Shooting Game.
Girls do their best now and are preparing. Please watch warmly until it is ready.

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
  • Duggin was the hero we needed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6634 on: November 30, 2019, 06:25:16 pm »

Wait who doesn't put milk in hot tea?

I mean I guess some kinds of tea are prob better without but that's like, a common staple. Like cereal and milk.
FACT I: Post note art is best art.
FACT II: Dunamisdeos is a forum-certified wordsmith.
FACT III: "All life begins with Post-it notes and ends with Post-it notes. This is the truth! This is my belief!...At least for now."
FACT IV: SPEECHO THE TRUSTWORM IS YOUR FRIEND or BEHOLD: THE FRUIT ENGINE 3.0

Il Palazzo

• Bay Watcher
  • And lo, the Dude did abide. And it was good.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6635 on: November 30, 2019, 08:02:15 pm »

Stop mildly upsetting me, you anglo-centric tea violator you! There are other tea drinking cultures, you know, and they all find your wanton despoiling of the noble beverage abhorrent.

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank you TamerVirus for the avatar switcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6636 on: November 30, 2019, 08:06:37 pm »

I was unaware people made a big deal about tea. I am aware that the people here are joking, but the jokes are likely about groups thst exist. (Joke here referring to sarcasm/satire, not haha joke)

Reelya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6637 on: November 30, 2019, 08:28:58 pm »

Wait who doesn't put milk in hot tea?

I mean I guess some kinds of tea are prob better without but that's like, a common staple. Like cereal and milk.

I read this as "some kinds of tea are prob better without [the tea]" as in, you have tea with milk but the tea is horrid so you just drink the milk.

Il Palazzo

• Bay Watcher
  • And lo, the Dude did abide. And it was good.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6638 on: November 30, 2019, 08:57:50 pm »

I was unaware people made a big deal about tea. I am aware that the people here are joking, but the jokes are likely about groups thst exist. (Joke here referring to sarcasm/satire, not haha joke)
I don't think any such groups actually exist. This is about reminding ourselves of the tiny cultural biases we carry around without realising they're there. The joke is in exaggerating to make it look like a big deal.

Reelya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6639 on: November 30, 2019, 09:25:20 pm »

There is such a thing as carbonated tea drinks. I feel that milk tea and black tea drinkers can put aside our differences and unite to fight off this menace.

overseer05-15

• Bay Watcher
  • Personal Text
    • View Profile
« Reply #6640 on: December 01, 2019, 05:14:50 am »

There is such a thing as carbonated tea drinks. I feel that milk tea and black tea drinkers can put aside our differences and unite to fight off this menace.

and how about yall fuck off and let me drink in peace
adult food like, I presume, steak and potatoes and tax forms,

My game giveaway

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #6641 on: December 01, 2019, 07:07:35 am »

Love, scriver~

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank you TamerVirus for the avatar switcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6642 on: December 01, 2019, 09:02:37 am »

Ah, yes. Feeding the ocean creatures with tea to protest the British monopoly on the stuff. Fun times.

methylatedspirit

• Bay Watcher
  • it/its
    • View Profile
« Reply #6643 on: December 01, 2019, 11:09:49 am »

I can't sleep. I feel tired, but when I try sleeping, my brain is so active that I'm forced to stay awake. Now I'm just stuck in this hell of desperately wanting sleep, but not being able to do so. Help.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #6644 on: December 01, 2019, 11:19:54 am »

Focus on your breathing when you’re trying to sleep. Breathe in, breathe out. If you find your mind wandering, bring it back to your breathing.

If you find you’re not dropping off after say half an hour, get up and find something relaxing to do which doesn’t involve a screen for ten or fifteen minutes, and try again.

For longer term stuff, avoid drinking caffeine later in the day, alcohol is also not that great, don’t eat a large meal close to bed time, try going to bed and getting up at the same time every day (every day) and try to keep the same routine before bed so your body knows it’s sleepy time, and avoid anything energetic or stressful in the hour or so before bed (don’t exercise, watch tv, that kind of thing). A warm shower is good, I think.

Napping during the day is a weird one. I personally can’t do it, and it’s best to limit it to around 20 minutes, but that can also have a huge influence on how sleep.

Keeping your bedroom cool (but not cold) will probably help. I can’t sleep if it’s too warm, and wake up many times if I do manage to fall asleep. Also don’t drink too much liquid, else you’ll wake up to pee.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.
Pages: 1 ... 441 442 [443] 444 445 ... 775