Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 464 465 [466] 467 468 ... 771

Author Topic: Things that made you mildly upset today thread  (Read 820015 times)

Iduno

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you mildly upset today thread
« Reply #6975 on: February 13, 2020, 11:08:41 am »

However, my job is my only source of guaranteed, friendly human contact

You have what at your job? I had to explain yesterday to my boss why I make sure none of my coworkers are aware of what I do. I also had aan  anxiety dream about everyone at my job getting arrested for various crimes, and them trying to drag me down with them.

If you can find a job where management and coworkers aren't actively trying to sabatoge you, that sounds like a win.

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6976 on: February 13, 2020, 11:22:27 am »

However, my job is my only source of guaranteed, friendly human contact

You have what at your job? I had to explain yesterday to my boss why I make sure none of my coworkers are aware of what I do. I also had aan  anxiety dream about everyone at my job getting arrested for various crimes, and them trying to drag me down with them.

If you can find a job where management and coworkers aren't actively trying to sabatoge you, that sounds like a win.

I've only had two jobs, and I've been lucky enough that I've never encountered the kind of miniature dystopia that seems to pervade workplaces everywhere.

TD1

• Bay Watcher
  • Childe Roland to the Dark Tower Came
    • View Profile
« Reply #6977 on: February 13, 2020, 06:37:16 pm »

I've been thinking of taking a lifestyle break to do this

https://www.ucc.ie/en/classics/summerschool/

It looks so fun.
Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination
  TD1 has claimed the title of Penblessed the Endless Fountain of Epics!
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6978 on: February 13, 2020, 06:44:16 pm »

Can I come?

Also, what upsets you about that? The fact that your current schedule makes it hard to find time for?   
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

TD1

• Bay Watcher
  • Childe Roland to the Dark Tower Came
    • View Profile
« Reply #6979 on: February 13, 2020, 07:13:57 pm »

I actually didn't even notice the thread title  ;D

It was just tangentially related to current talk about leaving jobs, and I'd been thinking about taking two months off to do this...

And yes, you can come! Just... get a ticket to Cork and pay the high accommodation and tuition fees!
Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination
  TD1 has claimed the title of Penblessed the Endless Fountain of Epics!
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

Eschar

• Bay Watcher
  • hello
    • View Profile
« Reply #6980 on: February 16, 2020, 12:07:53 am »

I have felt sort of unsettled and weepy recently. Not like I'm  upset about anything, but that I could become upset easily - i.e., earlier I teared up randomly upon thinking about my grandmother's house, for no apparent reason (also while driving, which was annoying.) This feeling started on Monday.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6981 on: February 16, 2020, 06:26:40 am »

Hate it when that happens. Did you recently finish a really good book, movie or other media?

Unrelated: I am no expert on mental health and I couldn't really say what good solutions to depression might be, but I can tell you one thing that doesn't help: trapping the subject into a sudden, vigorous lecture about how they need to start doing something fulfilling with their life and find a purpose since the clock is ticking and time is money and they're helpless in the face of the passage of time, staring down the barrel of a wasted youth, old age and eternity.

...Yes, really. That's pretty much a short, paraphrased summary of the entirely-unasked for "advice" I was just subjected to by my dad's partner (with him occasionally chiming in or interjecting as well, though I assume the whole scene was her idea). No wonder I always feel fucking on edge in this place. The idea was just to stay here for a while, having brought my belongings up from my former sharehouse down south, but no of course I can't use this time to relax I have to be talked at incessantly whilst I sit there staring into the middle distance or at a faucet across the room, inwardly seething, thinking of a hundred different snarky retorts or other responses that might actually communicate my intense loathing of the situation and the kind of thick head that comes out with these things, but no, instead I just sit there and wait for the deluge of stupid drivel to end so that I might make the appropriate noises to gradually excuse myself.

Argh. If there's one thing I never do, it is learn from my mistakes. Both of my parents become utterly unbearable in their own ways if I spend too much time with them. No matter how nice a stay/visit seems like it might be, it's never actually going to end well.

I only wish I could voice my displeasure towards my father as easily as I can towards my mother. There's a definite imbalance there.
Not sure if it's because I spent significantly less time with him growing up, because actually speaking my mind to him would be like kicking a retarded puppy for jumping on you, or simply a physical intimidation/cowardice angle.
Or, then again, it could simply be because he was kind enough to drive me and my possessions two days north from where I was living and I feel obliged to put up with a bit of bullshit in return.
As grateful as I am, though, that goodwill wears thin rather quickly when he and his vile doxy see fit to behave like this towards me, when I'm a captive audience in their middle-of-nowhere little hovel.

Fuck. Maybe I should have just moved in with my friend back in Melbourne. If all my boxes of junk didn't fit in the room I was offered I could have just left them out on the street, losing half my stuff would likely have been preferable to this kind of nonsense.

It's ridiculous that I should have to go through this sort of hardship just to find a place to live when I don't even want to live in the first bloody place.

/rant

Sorry about that. Not exactly a "mild" anything, but this mess is separate from my regular Sads and we don't have a big Upset thread. *shrug*
Booze is Life for Yoink

Eschar

• Bay Watcher
  • hello
    • View Profile
« Reply #6982 on: February 16, 2020, 01:37:52 pm »

Quote from: Yoink
Hate it when that happens. Did you recently finish a really good book, movie or other media?

No, not that I can think of.

EDIT: Aaaand tearing up again.
« Last Edit: February 16, 2020, 01:52:16 pm by Eschar »

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
  • Duggin was the hero we needed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6983 on: February 17, 2020, 01:56:05 pm »

Wife sick, kid sick, got 3 hours of sleep, managed to get a bit of extra sleep but I woke up every like 10m, forgot that kid needed to go to my mother's house today, forgot I needed gas in car, ended up 30m+ late to work.

Got some gas station taquitos though, that made me feel better.
FACT I: Post note art is best art.
FACT II: Dunamisdeos is a forum-certified wordsmith.
FACT III: "All life begins with Post-it notes and ends with Post-it notes. This is the truth! This is my belief!...At least for now."
FACT IV: SPEECHO THE TRUSTWORM IS YOUR FRIEND or BEHOLD: THE FRUIT ENGINE 3.0

Iduno

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6984 on: February 18, 2020, 08:45:47 am »

Unrelated: I am no expert on mental health and I couldn't really say what good solutions to depression might be, but I can tell you one thing that doesn't help: trapping the subject into a sudden, vigorous lecture about how they need to start doing something fulfilling with their life and find a purpose since the clock is ticking and time is money and they're helpless in the face of the passage of time, staring down the barrel of a wasted youth, old age and eternity.

...Yes, really. That's pretty much a short, paraphrased summary of the entirely-unasked for "advice" I was just subjected to by my dad's partner (with him occasionally chiming in or interjecting as well, though I assume the whole scene was her idea). No wonder I always feel fucking on edge in this place. The idea was just to stay here for a while, having brought my belongings up from my former sharehouse down south, but no of course I can't use this time to relax I have to be talked at incessantly whilst I sit there staring into the middle distance or at a faucet across the room, inwardly seething, thinking of a hundred different snarky retorts or other responses that might actually communicate my intense loathing of the situation and the kind of thick head that comes out with these things, but no, instead I just sit there and wait for the deluge of stupid drivel to end so that I might make the appropriate noises to gradually excuse myself.

Argh. If there's one thing I never do, it is learn from my mistakes. Both of my parents become utterly unbearable in their own ways if I spend too much time with them. No matter how nice a stay/visit seems like it might be, it's never actually going to end well.

Once you have options (or just quit caring), actually being able to tell them off and then just walk away forever is nice.

Edit: This is also fun to imagine, but would probably get you kicked out sooner than you'd like: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Clicker_training
« Last Edit: February 18, 2020, 11:46:26 am by Iduno »

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6985 on: February 18, 2020, 10:04:42 pm »

Once you have options (or just quit caring), actually being able to tell them off and then just walk away forever is nice.
Yer, I should have done that a long-ass time ago.
Booze is Life for Yoink

Iduno

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6986 on: February 19, 2020, 11:50:09 am »

Yer, I should have done that a long-ass time ago.

I hear you. It took me a lot more years than it should have as well.

pikachu17

• Bay Watcher
  • PADORU PADORU
    • View Profile
« Reply #6987 on: February 20, 2020, 05:11:20 pm »

I hate it when a webcomic doesn't have table of contents, and the url for a specific comic isn't just a number, so you can't easily find your place at all if you didn't save it.
Sigtext!
dwarf 4tress from scratch
The Pikachu revolution!
Thank you NatureGirl19999 for the avatar switcher at http://signavatar.com

A warforged bard named Gender appears and says"Hello. I am a social construct."

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6988 on: February 20, 2020, 10:42:02 pm »

Same, fam. Though I don't read many webcomics anyway.   
Booze is Life for Yoink

Iduno

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6989 on: February 21, 2020, 09:13:44 am »

Yeah, just keep up (close enough that you can hit back until you see one you recognize), or bookmark the last page you were reading.
Pages: 1 ... 464 465 [466] 467 468 ... 771