Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 508 509 [510] 511 512 ... 775

Author Topic: Things that made you mildly upset today thread  (Read 841411 times)

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank you TamerVirus for the avatar switcher
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you mildly upset today thread
« Reply #7635 on: June 28, 2020, 10:54:52 pm »

Wait, optic cables are susceptible to lightning damage?

I saw a lot of what seemed very horizontal lightnings yesterday I was driving when it arrived.

Most things are susceptible to fire, especially when it comes in at 50K degrees.
50 Kelvin is -369.67F, or -223.15C, so I’m thinking you mean 50,000 degrees of something, do you mean Fahrenheit or Celsius?

MaxTheFox

• Bay Watcher
  • Лишь одна дорожка да на всей земле
    • View Profile
« Reply #7636 on: June 29, 2020, 12:45:06 am »

Wait, optic cables are susceptible to lightning damage?

I saw a lot of what seemed very horizontal lightnings yesterday I was driving when it arrived.

Most things are susceptible to fire, especially when it comes in at 50K degrees.
50 Kelvin is -369.67F, or -223.15C, so I’m thinking you mean 50,000 degrees of something, do you mean Fahrenheit or Celsius?
K can also mean thousand so he meant 50000F or 50000C (I don't think it matters at that amount).

As for my mild sad: Reading about SJW meddling in video games. Hell, most games they boycott aren't even offensive. They should attack actually racist video games, there are plenty of those. They just come across as idiots and/or attention whores. They undermine their own cause and make activists who aren't awful be associated with them and thus look like clowns.
« Last Edit: June 29, 2020, 05:01:09 am by MaxTheFox »
Woe to those who make unjust laws, to those who issue oppressive decrees, to deprive the poor of their rights and withhold justice from the oppressed of my people, making widows their prey and robbing the fatherless. What will you do on the day of reckoning, when disaster comes from afar?

dragdeler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7637 on: June 29, 2020, 07:54:45 am »

-
« Last Edit: November 23, 2020, 12:06:41 pm by dragdeler »
let

Reelya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7638 on: June 29, 2020, 08:08:49 am »

One that takes the cake is the campaign to take out the Playstation 2 survival horror game Rule of Rose. Most of the outrage was based on non-existent claims about the game. but it was enough that publishers got cold feet about it and got pulled by a number o publishers and from a number of markets, effectively killing the game. However if you actually managed to buy a copy you can now sell it for big bucks.
« Last Edit: June 29, 2020, 08:11:29 am by Reelya »

Eschar

• Bay Watcher
  • hello
    • View Profile
« Reply #7639 on: June 29, 2020, 11:30:59 pm »

I've been itchy all over for about a week. No discernable cause.

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #7640 on: June 30, 2020, 01:40:01 am »

I've been itchy all over for about a week. No discernable cause.
💁‍♂️Could be many things: allergies, mites, myeloproliferative neoplasms...
There's two kinds of performance reviews: the one you make they don't read, the one they make whilst they sharpen their daggers
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

wierd

• Bay Watcher
  • I like to eat small children.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7641 on: June 30, 2020, 02:06:21 am »

Occam's razor doctor.

Check for changes in the tapwater pH first. It is possible that your city has upped the chlorination levels to combat summer algae and bacterial blooms.  This causes dermatitis in some people.

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
  • Duggin was the hero we needed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7642 on: June 30, 2020, 01:00:04 pm »

Itchy, sure. But is it tasty?
FACT I: Post note art is best art.
FACT II: Dunamisdeos is a forum-certified wordsmith.
FACT III: "All life begins with Post-it notes and ends with Post-it notes. This is the truth! This is my belief!...At least for now."
FACT IV: SPEECHO THE TRUSTWORM IS YOUR FRIEND or BEHOLD: THE FRUIT ENGINE 3.0

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #7643 on: June 30, 2020, 01:43:55 pm »

That happened to me with Tide, IIRC.  I was constantly itchy-congested and lived with it for a while - clothes are a blind spot, I assumed it was a matter of diet.  I've had it happen in hotels too, from sheets.  It's probably some nice-smelling additive, blech.  Anti-allergenic Arm&Hammer seems to work, so I stick with that now.
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #7644 on: June 30, 2020, 07:49:51 pm »

Itchy, sure. But is it tasty?

I approve this reference, like a master of unlocking.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • what about full of shit? is that a meme too?
    • View Profile
« Reply #7645 on: June 30, 2020, 07:50:27 pm »

Would you say that it was a tasty reference?
Insatiable consumption. Ceaseless motion. Unstoppable destruction.

Eschar

• Bay Watcher
  • hello
    • View Profile
« Reply #7646 on: June 30, 2020, 10:56:15 pm »

I'm wondering if it is in fact a detergent thing, since the itching seems to be concentrated in upper arms and upper legs, so affected by shorts and short sleeves. Also face, but it could have been spread there - especially once the initial itching on face started.

Bumber

• Bay Watcher
  • REMOVE KOBOLD
    • View Profile
« Reply #7647 on: June 30, 2020, 11:51:33 pm »

I've been getting occasional rashes since I was in college. Not sure if it's the Gabapentin (which I started taking for back pain and mood disorders,) my body wash, or deodorant/antiperspirant.

I stopped using the antiperspirant about a week ago. Waiting to see if the problem recurs.
« Last Edit: June 30, 2020, 11:53:19 pm by Bumber »
Reading his name would trigger it. Thinking of him would trigger it. No other circumstances would trigger it- it was strictly related to the concept of Bill Clinton entering the conscious mind.

THE xTROLL FUR SOCKx RUSE WAS A........... DISTACTION        the carp HAVE the wagon

A wizard has turned you into a wagon. This was inevitable (Y/y)?

Iduno

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7648 on: July 01, 2020, 11:03:19 am »

I'm wondering if it is in fact a detergent thing, since the itching seems to be concentrated in upper arms and upper legs, so affected by shorts and short sleeves. Also face, but it could have been spread there - especially once the initial itching on face started.

Maybe reduce the amount of detergent (not sure how much you're using, but about half of what the instructions say), and also make sure it's rinsed properly.

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7649 on: July 02, 2020, 04:18:23 pm »

I'm really bothered by this train of thought today. I don't want to acknowledge it, and I want to distract myself from it, but I can't concentrate on anything else. I can't get rid of it, it's just in the back of my head bothering me:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Pages: 1 ... 508 509 [510] 511 512 ... 775