Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 509 510 [511] 512 513 ... 771

Author Topic: Things that made you mildly upset today thread  (Read 819493 times)

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • Perhaps I'll
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you mildly upset today thread
« Reply #7650 on: July 02, 2020, 07:10:05 pm »

I'm really bothered by this train of thought today. I don't want to acknowledge it, and I want to distract myself from it, but I can't concentrate on anything else. I can't get rid of it, it's just in the back of my head bothering me:

I vehemently disagree! with your logic, and dearly hope that you're somehow able to escape it. I'm sorry that I can't help any more than that. Remember that it doesn't matter who you are, you're a valuable, unique human soul, and that you don't have to quash who you are inside to fit with society's standard. Nobody is standard, and if they manage to look like they are the effort is probably killing them inside. Furthermore, there's no objective right way to be, or good or bad traits necessarily. The ideas of "inferior" and "superior" and just vague handwaves applied by incomprehensibly tiny and short-lived ape creatures to a world that fundamentally doesn't really care about us. No matter what, we're all really in the same bag there.

Edit: also, not a Mildly Upset topic, bad.
Down at the bottom of the ocean. Beneath tons of brine which would crush you down. Not into broken and splintered flesh, but into thin soup. Into just more of the sea water. Where things live that aren't so different from you, but you will never live to touch them and they will never live to touch you.

dragdeler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7651 on: July 02, 2020, 08:15:52 pm »

-
« Last Edit: November 23, 2020, 12:06:45 pm by dragdeler »
let

Dostoevsky

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7652 on: July 02, 2020, 10:53:04 pm »

Ruminations

I was debating whether or not to post some longer counter-thoughts, but realized it may not be very helpful (they'd be coming from an asexual person who finds sex rather disgusting, and so perhaps lack shared core assumptions/beliefs).

[Before posting I also noticed that it basically ended up being quite similar to Egan_BW's, but doesn't hurt to post this sort of thing more than once.]

What I can say, at least, is that normalcy is both overrated and pretty illusory. Everybody's got abnormalities, to the point that 'true' normality is abnormally bland upon extended exposure. I'm not closely familiar with that many people, admittedly, but for those people I do know I can say many/most engage in some level of mimicry to hide their own abnormalities. (Myself included.) It stinks that it seems that people have to feel they need to fit in to certain norms, but we're arguably a lot better on that front than we've been for the past... couple of millennia (depending on where in the world one is in).

Spoiler: One more thought (click to show/hide)

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #7653 on: July 03, 2020, 01:34:59 am »

Latest episode (on Youtube) of the Magnus Archives, #159.  Not linking it because it wouldn't make sense out of context.

But I've always had a hound's ear for truth, to mix metaphors.  A painful need to know things, even if they hurt.  Perhaps especially.

"I suppose to call myself an only child is technically untrue."
And even so- "to be cut off from one's family is it's own very special sort of Loneliness, isn't it?  And so we all serve, in our own way."

Departing from the episode which I haven't even finished- there's a freedom in having been cut off.  Even once connections are reformed, the power dynamic will never be the same.  There will always be the fact that you survived without them.
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7654 on: July 03, 2020, 06:22:20 pm »

Looks like there have been some interesting discussions going on in here, but right now I just woke up and all I can think of is how completely and utterly I have forgotten whatever interesting dreams I was having just a short time ago. Had to get up to pee before I could concentrate on trying to remember them, and by the time I was done they'd disappeared entirely, even the vague themes I still had an inkling of.   
Like tears in rain, etcetera etcetera.   
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #7655 on: July 04, 2020, 02:59:13 am »

While I am somewhat disturbed by this instance, it's kind of a funny mild upset so I'm not entirely sure if this is the right place for it...

So, I have had some--let's say "curious"--dating experiences. Normally I can slap a decent enough moniker on the girl involved so as to be able to tell the story without necessarily compromising her identity. Things like Kitty, and Alien Lady.

I have however added to these stories over the past year, and there's one in particular which is a wild ride of a story but that I couldn't quite get a good nickname for... And "Insane Narcissist" doesn't exactly roll off the tongue.

To cut some details short, I was recently inspired towards an epiphany. It fit in so many ways, so many truly disturbing ways that I absolutely did not need the accompanying mental images for. I had dated Trump.

So yeah... Trumpette can go toot her own horn.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7656 on: July 04, 2020, 03:59:47 am »

Hey fam mind giving her my number   
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #7657 on: July 04, 2020, 05:24:00 am »

I don't know whether to make trumpet puns or strumpet puns
Love, scriver~

wierd

• Bay Watcher
  • I like to eat small children.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7658 on: July 04, 2020, 05:52:57 am »

He's just dating SoCal Karen, but she seems to love trump's twitter feed more.

That's the image I see in my head anyway.

wierd

• Bay Watcher
  • I like to eat small children.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7659 on: July 06, 2020, 02:51:56 am »

So, my own "Mild upset" for today.

The Director of Nursing instituted aggressive vital signs monitoring in order to effectively catch nascent COVID. A perfectly good thing to do.  She stated she would be in charge of managing the extra administrative burdens.

Well-- Guess what-- She says she cant do her normal work now, because of the extra administration overhead, so she delegated down.  The problem? *ALL THE ACTUAL NURSES ARE EQUALLY OVERBURDENED WITH ADMIN TASKS*.

What does that mean?

Poor 3rd shift-- We have to put in THE OTHER TWO SHIFTS' DATA for them now, because people cant manage their time resources effectively.

dragdeler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7660 on: July 06, 2020, 04:15:25 pm »

-
« Last Edit: November 23, 2020, 12:06:49 pm by dragdeler »
let

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • Perhaps I'll
    • View Profile
« Reply #7661 on: July 06, 2020, 04:18:22 pm »

Ah, so demanding. You get a body all made out of microscopic machines, self-repairing, rated to last 70 years or more with minimal maintenance, and yet still you want more!
Down at the bottom of the ocean. Beneath tons of brine which would crush you down. Not into broken and splintered flesh, but into thin soup. Into just more of the sea water. Where things live that aren't so different from you, but you will never live to touch them and they will never live to touch you.

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #7662 on: July 06, 2020, 04:27:45 pm »

Sadly it's a timeshare and gets *real* uncomfortable if you use it for too long at a time.  Or if you're unlucky in any number of ways, really.
Also insomnia suuuucks
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • Perhaps I'll
    • View Profile
« Reply #7663 on: July 06, 2020, 05:48:51 pm »

Body may not be perfect, but it's the best system we've got~

dragdeler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7664 on: July 06, 2020, 05:56:03 pm »

-
« Last Edit: November 23, 2020, 12:06:52 pm by dragdeler »
let
Pages: 1 ... 509 510 [511] 512 513 ... 771