Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 572 573 [574]

Author Topic: Things that made you mildly upset today thread  (Read 441008 times)

WealthyRadish

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you mildly upset today thread
« Reply #8595 on: January 20, 2021, 01:49:15 pm »

Apologies in my heart to whoever it was behind me in the bank drivethrough. It turns out even when the (federal) check to be deposited says it's good out to a year (as does official regs, from when I checked), if it's over six months old it still causes confusion and slowdown for the bank people :(

I know now the things are lying liars that lie, but I didn't before driving up and gumming things up for like 10-15 minutes, bleh.

I had a similar experience with a person just visibly fuming behind me while I had to do some similarly lengthy banking during this pandemic (which actually also involved depositing that check). I just laughed at the idiocy of this person getting upset at delays so obviously unavoidable.

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA]
    • View Profile
« Reply #8596 on: January 23, 2021, 04:15:44 pm »

I'm always really self-conscious at the ATM machine too.  Money already makes me uncomfortable enough, holding someone up makes that so much worse.  It's not my fault, I know, but it certainly rushes me and that's bad with money stuff.

Friiiiick frick frick my rice cooker is misbehaving.  It's immediately tripping back to "keep warm" which is pretty hot, but not enough to cook rice. 

IGuessIllDie.jpg

It's probably fine for all my dry pasta, though.  ...and I *guess* I can take a look inside once it cools down.  But bluh, I'm going to have to put this rice in a pot and use the stove, why even live
They/them
Black lives matter.

Eschar

• Bay Watcher
  • Not a Pathos alt
    • View Profile
« Reply #8597 on: Today at 12:11:46 pm »

I'm always really self-conscious at the ATM machine too.  Money already makes me uncomfortable enough, holding someone up makes that so much worse.  It's not my fault, I know, but it certainly rushes me and that's bad with money stuff.

Friiiiick frick frick my rice cooker is misbehaving.  It's immediately tripping back to "keep warm" which is pretty hot, but not enough to cook rice. 

IGuessIllDie.jpg

It's probably fine for all my dry pasta, though.  ...and I *guess* I can take a look inside once it cools down.  But bluh, I'm going to have to put this rice in a pot and use the stove, why even live

Live for the rice.
"Continue struggling, laws of physics be darned."
 - NRDL
"What, are you stupid or something? Every one of the snake's bones is crushed! Its internal organs are torn apart! There is no way you can - (6) You resuscitate the snake."
- Gatleos

Caz

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:comforting whirs]
    • View Profile
« Reply #8598 on: Today at 04:03:01 pm »

The last time I was at a food shop I pretty much spaced, forgot wtf my pin number was, got my card declined, had to use another one which entailed looking up the pin, then trying to actually sort purchases for two people into two separate bags with these fucking spaghetti limbs. Big queue stretching behind me. Sorry folks, I don't practice social interaction enough anymore to pass any higher than 'addled zombie'.

huh?
Pages: 1 ... 572 573 [574]