Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 568 569 [570] 571 572 ... 771

Author Topic: Things that made you mildly upset today thread  (Read 819932 times)

Iduno

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you mildly upset today thread
« Reply #8535 on: January 18, 2021, 11:01:44 pm »

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank you TamerVirus for the avatar switcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8536 on: January 18, 2021, 11:11:06 pm »

I did pretty badly on my first quiz for one of my classes

Iduno

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8537 on: January 18, 2021, 11:25:06 pm »

I did pretty badly on my first quiz for one of my classes

Sometimes that happens. Plus, some of the early classes are partially intended to scare off the people who don't have the skills or motivation to succeed when things get tough.

MonkeyHead

• Bay Watcher
  • Yma o hyd...
    • View Profile
« Reply #8538 on: January 19, 2021, 09:40:17 am »

Having your car jump into limp mode at 70 mph is pretty vexing.

Add in some kind of imgur outage (notice missing avatars?) and today is a bit flat.
This is a blank sig.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #8539 on: January 20, 2021, 11:36:28 am »

Apologies in my heart to whoever it was behind me in the bank drivethrough. It turns out even when the (federal) check to be deposited says it's good out to a year (as does official regs, from when I checked), if it's over six months old it still causes confusion and slowdown for the bank people :(

I know now the things are lying liars that lie, but I didn't before driving up and gumming things up for like 10-15 minutes, bleh.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

WealthyRadish

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8540 on: January 20, 2021, 01:49:15 pm »

Apologies in my heart to whoever it was behind me in the bank drivethrough. It turns out even when the (federal) check to be deposited says it's good out to a year (as does official regs, from when I checked), if it's over six months old it still causes confusion and slowdown for the bank people :(

I know now the things are lying liars that lie, but I didn't before driving up and gumming things up for like 10-15 minutes, bleh.

I had a similar experience with a person just visibly fuming behind me while I had to do some similarly lengthy banking during this pandemic (which actually also involved depositing that check). I just laughed at the idiocy of this person getting upset at delays so obviously unavoidable.

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #8541 on: January 23, 2021, 04:15:44 pm »

I'm always really self-conscious at the ATM machine too.  Money already makes me uncomfortable enough, holding someone up makes that so much worse.  It's not my fault, I know, but it certainly rushes me and that's bad with money stuff.

Friiiiick frick frick my rice cooker is misbehaving.  It's immediately tripping back to "keep warm" which is pretty hot, but not enough to cook rice. 

IGuessIllDie.jpg

It's probably fine for all my dry pasta, though.  ...and I *guess* I can take a look inside once it cools down.  But bluh, I'm going to have to put this rice in a pot and use the stove, why even live
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

Eschar

• Bay Watcher
  • hello
    • View Profile
« Reply #8542 on: January 24, 2021, 12:11:46 pm »

I'm always really self-conscious at the ATM machine too.  Money already makes me uncomfortable enough, holding someone up makes that so much worse.  It's not my fault, I know, but it certainly rushes me and that's bad with money stuff.

Friiiiick frick frick my rice cooker is misbehaving.  It's immediately tripping back to "keep warm" which is pretty hot, but not enough to cook rice. 

IGuessIllDie.jpg

It's probably fine for all my dry pasta, though.  ...and I *guess* I can take a look inside once it cools down.  But bluh, I'm going to have to put this rice in a pot and use the stove, why even live

Live for the rice.

Caz

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:comforting whirs]
    • View Profile
« Reply #8543 on: January 24, 2021, 04:03:01 pm »

The last time I was at a food shop I pretty much spaced, forgot wtf my pin number was, got my card declined, had to use another one which entailed looking up the pin, then trying to actually sort purchases for two people into two separate bags with these fucking spaghetti limbs. Big queue stretching behind me. Sorry folks, I don't practice social interaction enough anymore to pass any higher than 'addled zombie'.

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #8544 on: January 24, 2021, 11:33:49 pm »

I'm so sorry that happened  :(  I've blanked on my own PIN - I know it by rote, but when I think "PIN" there's an ancient one I recall more clearly.  So on a couple of occasions where I was particularly anxious about stuff, I've overthought the process and had to briefly meditate and [reset] my brain before I could reattempt the interaction properly.

The [reset] is this strange thing my brother and I learned to do, particularly when we were very bored in social scenarios where only our physical presence was needed.  I liked to trigger it with a particularly meaningful blink.  It resets my appraisal of my situation.  It's like waking up in a strange place, for a moment, before the memories flood back like reference files.  I remember everything, but I examine it all anew, and figure out the best course of action.  Which was always "keep playing along".  Mind-crushing boredom, eh?

What was funny was when I started using it mid-conversation and realized that some conversations can be impressively one-sided.  ...Whereas sometimes, actually, people notice and care <3

This isn't about some people being bad or anything, or even conversations being all bad.  Just that some conversations and relationships are more intimate than others.  It's kinda scary-awesome when someone is able to read me, when I thought I'd mastered my roles.
(This is all in-person.  Online I tend to overshare, obviously.)
She/they
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

Caz

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:comforting whirs]
    • View Profile
« Reply #8545 on: January 25, 2021, 04:36:17 pm »

I'm so sorry that happened  :(  I've blanked on my own PIN - I know it by rote, but when I think "PIN" there's an ancient one I recall more clearly.  So on a couple of occasions where I was particularly anxious about stuff, I've overthought the process and had to briefly meditate and [reset] my brain before I could reattempt the interaction properly.

That's the worst. Happens with old passwords as well. Do you ever get the thing where you forget your password, have to change the password, and when you try to set a new password it says YOU CAN'T USE YOUR OLD PASSWORD. What the fuck?

The blinking thing is funny. I do know people that you can just reply "mhmm" to every so often and they will continue talking for hours.

My 'mildly upset' addition to the thread today is that I managed to fall over on uneven ground and twist my ankle. It is ow. Walking is hard apparently.

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #8546 on: January 25, 2021, 05:39:08 pm »

Ow ):
And yeah I've done that same thing with password resets! Muscle memory is wild. Sometimes when idly checking up on webcomics I'll start typing the name of the one I'm already on, too!
She/they

methylatedspirit

• Bay Watcher
  • it/its
    • View Profile
« Reply #8547 on: January 25, 2021, 07:35:48 pm »

I have a sore throat. Probably the only one I'll have for the entire year, but these tend to suck. I'm wondering if I should go to the on-campus clinic to get myself checked for COVID, just because sore throats are a possible symptom of that.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #8548 on: January 25, 2021, 07:48:11 pm »

When in doubt, ask the folks working there. Call or send email. It's possible enough they couldn't or wouldn't test you even if you showed up, depending on how screwed your region's testing capability is right now :-\
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

McTraveller

• Bay Watcher
  • This text isn't very personal.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8549 on: January 25, 2021, 07:52:32 pm »

Poor decisions from leadership at work.

Very marginal report from orthopedic surgeon on the son's arm; they said right now it doesn't need surgery, because he's young he's probably fine, but they would have liked to have seen it set better, but now that it's been a week they can't re-set it without surgery.  I'm like "but your scheduling people said you wanted to put it out a week; I was willing to have you see it basically immediately!"

Felt like a wasted day at work, because vendors don't document anything well.
Pages: 1 ... 568 569 [570] 571 572 ... 771