Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 576 577 [578] 579 580 ... 771

Author Topic: Things that made you mildly upset today thread  (Read 819467 times)

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • Perhaps I'll
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you mildly upset today thread
« Reply #8655 on: February 23, 2021, 02:28:25 pm »

* Holds out a sword.
It's dangerous to go alone, take this.
Down at the bottom of the ocean. Beneath tons of brine which would crush you down. Not into broken and splintered flesh, but into thin soup. Into just more of the sea water. Where things live that aren't so different from you, but you will never live to touch them and they will never live to touch you.

Arx

• Bay Watcher
  • Iron within, iron without.
    • View Profile
    • Art!
« Reply #8656 on: February 24, 2021, 05:25:58 am »

* Arx remembers the good old red text spam days

I am on Discord as Arx#2415.
Hail to the mind of man! / Fire in the sky
I've been waiting for you / On this day we die.

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #8657 on: February 24, 2021, 07:40:09 am »

* scriver makes red egg bacon and spam
Love, scriver~

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #8658 on: February 24, 2021, 02:24:09 pm »

The Kroc center seems to be trying their best to make their lounge uncomfortable and prevent people from spending time there. They now want to limit you to 30 minute or less, not because of covid or anything, but so they can push more customers through. The entire place is open, gym and pool included, and the parking lots packed. Nobody in here is wearing masks or anything, its frankly quite unsafe.

And they took away the comfy chairs and replaced them with these awkward tiny stools with a tiny, badly formed back you dont want to lean into, so you have to lean forward. And tiny tables. And decorations plugged into all the outlets so you can't use them. And they took away the tv! Now we can't watch the news.

I am never coming back. I wish the library was open...
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

dragdeler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8659 on: February 24, 2021, 02:35:38 pm »

-
« Last Edit: September 16, 2023, 01:47:58 pm by dragdeler »
let

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #8660 on: February 25, 2021, 10:42:44 am »

You shall find the legendary gobbos some place else.

Oh man, now there's a reference I was neither expecting nor prepared to see.

ArchimedesWojak

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8661 on: February 26, 2021, 01:43:36 pm »

Motherfucking school administrators blocked Reddit on the computers
YET ANOTHER DATA-COLLECTION THREAD FROM MR. "NOT FEDERAL AUTHORITIES."
ArchimedesWojak is very militant against zoophilia due to his deeply held religious beliefs.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #8662 on: February 26, 2021, 05:00:35 pm »

Motherfucking school administrators blocked Reddit on the computers

Y’know you’re meant to be using school computers for learnin’, yes?

Not posting expletives on forums dedicated to niche games :p
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • Perhaps I'll
    • View Profile
« Reply #8663 on: February 26, 2021, 05:10:46 pm »

how are they supposed to learn without reddit
Down at the bottom of the ocean. Beneath tons of brine which would crush you down. Not into broken and splintered flesh, but into thin soup. Into just more of the sea water. Where things live that aren't so different from you, but you will never live to touch them and they will never live to touch you.

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8664 on: February 27, 2021, 03:09:45 am »

They could use that Dark Web keep hearing about instead.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #8665 on: February 27, 2021, 03:31:43 am »

Reading in the dark can strain your eyes.

methylatedspirit

• Bay Watcher
  • it/its
    • View Profile
« Reply #8666 on: February 27, 2021, 03:40:55 am »

Well, if you want anonymity (but only if you follow proper opsec; one fucking mistake, and you're gone) and ability to circumvent blocks, there's Tails OS. Yeah, I think I've been put on a watchlist for saying that. I'm not quite sure if the school would be particularly happy about you booting off a USB stick, though.

A bit less drastic is Tor Browser. That's another watchlist I've been put on. This is the Dark Web shit you've been hearing about, and it's very capable of circumventing blocks via its bridges. Yes, it works on standard HTTP(S) websites, and sure as hell can act as a proxy. It's far slower than a standard proxy, though. Text and images do fine, but video... 480p is the highest it will go. I'm gonna save you time by pointing you to the guide to making Tor portable.

Now, these things are hilariously overkill if all you want to access is fucking Reddit. Standard proxies/VPNs would be more reasonable here. Plus, the moment someone figures out a way to circumvent blocks, they're gonna tell everyone how to do it as well. No blocks are perfect. Just look at all the Pirate Bay mirrors around. It's like whack-a-mole; you block one, another one comes up.

ZBridges

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8667 on: February 27, 2021, 03:57:35 am »

This is what I used back in the day, and I think it still works.  It's easier.  Subscribe to their list.  http://www.peacefire.org/circumventor/

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8668 on: February 28, 2021, 09:45:39 pm »

I've got that slightly sick realization that I can't count on work experience teaching me how to do a job in order to have a job, that my prior work experience is worthless except in the narrow tangential clerical association to the field, my degree is worthless save that it's a degree, and if there's a job or career that I actually want to do or have in the world, I have to do the legwork myself. All of it. I need to shake this boomerism ideology that I'll get taken on to a technical job fresh and taught how to do it- that's for interns and internships are for college students, and that ship has set sail years and years back.

I'm totally on my own. Nobody's coming along to teach me how to do anything and I can expect nothing except for what I pay for myself in time, effort, and savings.

Yeah ... I feel you, man.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

dragdeler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8669 on: March 01, 2021, 05:26:06 pm »

-
« Last Edit: September 16, 2023, 01:52:47 pm by dragdeler »
let
Pages: 1 ... 576 577 [578] 579 580 ... 771