Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 624 625 [626] 627 628 ... 779

Author Topic: Things that made you mildly upset today thread  (Read 859698 times)

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you mildly upset today thread
« Reply #9375 on: October 28, 2021, 02:38:59 am »

What about adding an egg with a chick that was about to hatch into the mix I've heard that's a delicacy in some places.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #9376 on: October 28, 2021, 02:52:11 am »

Oh please no.  I'm sure it is, and some of the recently-mentioned things are worse I guess, but I used to rely on eggs for most of my protein and I really hate the thought of digging into a skeleton.  If anything can be said for factory farming, it's that the eggs are assuredly unfertilized.

Ugh, I feel guilty for saying that.  I guess it's true though.  Ironic, huh?  Worse conditions for the chickens themselves, just so I don't rarely ruin a dish by cracking a proto-chick into it?
The latter is so viscerally worse, when the former should be.  But ugh, I have no moral standing here nowadays, I've abandoned veganism and vegetarianism in a spotty search for mental health through diet.

(Sure my meat diet is low for an American but it's certainly no longer a point of pride)
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

delphonso

• Bay Watcher
  • menaces with spikes of pine
    • View Profile
« Reply #9377 on: October 28, 2021, 04:31:06 am »

What about adding an egg with a chick that was about to hatch into the mix I've heard that's a delicacy in some places.

Ah yes, balut... luckily I've never crossed it. Chinese millenium egg isn't that bad. It just tastes like...a fuckton of eggs. If you like eggs you might like it - just a very powerful egg flavor and unpleasant appearance.

For a cursed pizza topping, I'd go with seasoned chicken feet, which is a common street food here.

wierd

• Bay Watcher
  • I like to eat small children.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9378 on: October 28, 2021, 05:05:16 am »

what do you think balut is? ;)

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
« Reply #9379 on: October 28, 2021, 05:36:49 am »

not that i want to be too snide about people's dietary preferences but it's rich for americans to think that things like balut or fish sauce are gross and then proceed to eat american cheese
she/her. (Pronouns vary over time.) The artist formerly known as Objective/Cinder.

One True Polycule with flame99 <3

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #9380 on: October 28, 2021, 06:01:21 am »

Ah yes, balut... luckily I've never crossed it. Chinese millenium egg isn't that bad. It just tastes like...a fuckton of eggs. If you like eggs you might like it - just a very powerful egg flavor and unpleasant appearance.

For a cursed pizza topping, I'd go with seasoned chicken feet, which is a common street food here.

If I'd have to choose the chicken parts I'd least like to eat, feet would be in third place.

But I must admit I am intrigued. Are they even chewable?
Love, scriver~

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #9381 on: October 28, 2021, 08:28:57 am »

not that i want to be too snide about people's dietary preferences but it's rich for americans to think that things like balut or fish sauce are gross and then proceed to eat american cheese
American cheese (or rather, government cheese, the vaguely plastic looking yellow stuff -- there's other sorts which are on par with basically anything on the market) is just kinda'... empty looking. It's mass produced cheese originally cooked up as a wartime ration type of deal. There's not really anything (literally) visceral to it like half-grown baby chicken, still in the egg. It's just sorta' soulless, y'know? Different sort of thing than gross.

Taste wise, it's just cheapass cheese with an okay cheese texture. There's nothing particularly unusual about it, it's just sort of an ur-example of commoditized mediocrity. As opposed to half gestated bird babies or... whatever.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

delphonso

• Bay Watcher
  • menaces with spikes of pine
    • View Profile
« Reply #9382 on: October 28, 2021, 08:42:25 am »

Chicken feet have a certain amount of skin and muscle that can get puffed up by boiling (and I guess also pickling). They're still 90% bone, but you can get a bit off them. Mostly it's just a method of injesting seasoning while gnawing on bones. Haven't partaken, myself (I'm veg), but the sour vinegar and pepper dressing that is used is quite good. Not.bad, but a terrible pizza topping and, like millenium eggs, look pristinely unappetizing.

American cheese on a pizza is an actual god damn crime.

martinuzz

• Bay Watcher
  • High dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #9383 on: October 28, 2021, 08:46:00 am »

US cheese is a red herring to distract from the Mexican-infused hamburgers
Friendly and polite reminder for optimists: Hope is a finite resource

We can ­disagree and still love each other, ­unless your disagreement is rooted in my oppression and denial of my humanity and right to exist - James Baldwin

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=73719.msg1830479#msg1830479

dragdeler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9384 on: October 28, 2021, 08:49:22 am »

You mean these  :D?

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
let

martinuzz

• Bay Watcher
  • High dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #9385 on: October 28, 2021, 08:51:27 am »

Oh nice, new and improved recipe, without fingernails
Friendly and polite reminder for optimists: Hope is a finite resource

We can ­disagree and still love each other, ­unless your disagreement is rooted in my oppression and denial of my humanity and right to exist - James Baldwin

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=73719.msg1830479#msg1830479

None

• Bay Watcher
  • Forgotten, but not gone
    • View Profile
« Reply #9386 on: October 28, 2021, 09:09:26 am »

Frumple, gonna split with you here on this one; I don't actually consider American cheese to be food, and barely call it edible. That spray cheez stuff or that orange sherbet-looking 'cheese' dip are the same way. Much as I recoil at the thought of eating balut, it does at least come from a creature that is edible at stages prior and after that point of development, soooo.

We have real cheese here in America, and it's really good especially if you go somewhere on the planet with only a fraction of the cheese production capacity. That's how you get pizza with mayonnaise and corn on it instead of cheese.

Now, marmite, though- marmite is real food. There's a distinct difference in color between the remains of my jar of Sanitarium and Unilever Marmite-brand marmite; the former is a thick buttery spread and the latter flows like honey. It's the weirdest thing and I resent a little that I still have 2.5 jars of the Unilever stuff to go through before I can justify ordering a big jar of my Kiwi preferred stuff.

You go ahead and put some on that Pizza of Global Culture and Probably Atrocity to Someone, I'm gonna go make some toast for my marmite...

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #9387 on: October 28, 2021, 09:22:17 am »

American cheese (or rather, government cheese, the vaguely plastic looking yellow stuff

Legislactos
Love, scriver~

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #9388 on: October 28, 2021, 01:29:13 pm »

You go ahead and put some on that Pizza of Global Culture and Probably Atrocity to Someone, I'm gonna go make some toast for my marmite...
For what it's worth, I don't really eat the singles stuff anymore -- there's usually some in the house 'cause my grandmother likes it, but the only tolerance I have for cooking with it these days is very rarely melting it into something like mac and cheese or a soup or somethin'. The stuff's actually legitimately good for texture, and it's flavorless enough you can barely tell it's there, especially if you throw in some other!cheese for the cheese flavor.

Now, if you're looking for terrible american cheese, whatever it is velveeta uses is a fucking abomination. Stuff actually tastes worse than the plastic singles t'me, and somehow has a worse texture, too. You'd have to pay me to eat velveeta brand, these days.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9389 on: October 29, 2021, 01:40:00 am »

what do you think balut is? ;)
Thank you I could not remember what that thing was called.

american cheese
That's some nasty stuff there, I wonder how much of it is actually plastic?
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?
Pages: 1 ... 624 625 [626] 627 628 ... 779