Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 631 632 [633] 634 635 ... 772

Author Topic: Things that made you mildly upset today thread  (Read 820061 times)

martinuzz

• Bay Watcher
  • High dwarf
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you mildly upset today thread
« Reply #9480 on: December 07, 2021, 10:52:55 am »

To err is human. Apparently you are human.
Don't be too harsh on yourself.

Try contacting the place you were supposed to have the interview. Be honest and tell them you mixed up the date and ask if they can give you another chance. Some employers can really appreciate such candid honesty and courage.
« Last Edit: December 07, 2021, 11:00:59 am by martinuzz »
Friendly and polite reminder for optimists: Hope is a finite resource

We can ­disagree and still love each other, ­unless your disagreement is rooted in my oppression and denial of my humanity and right to exist - James Baldwin

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=73719.msg1830479#msg1830479

None

• Bay Watcher
  • Forgotten, but not gone
    • View Profile
« Reply #9481 on: December 07, 2021, 11:01:21 am »

oh no, joshua

I don't know what it is about twists of fate like that, but life has this way of stacking misfortunes and absurdisms in hilarious/awful/wry fashion. For better or worse, life don't got brakes, so tomorrow's still going to trundle along. Always another chance to be there as it arrives, right?

I hope you had a good venting.

dragdeler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9482 on: December 07, 2021, 11:12:33 am »

I get your anger but you don't deserve misfortune, at least not for that  :D... It was like a super small mistake, the only issue is that since you're a perfect stranger to them you likely won't get consolation/ a second chance (not even that is certain)... But I completly missed to show up some unconventional place the other day and was super stressed like it was going to be a giant issue, before all my colleagues went like "meh" and that put it in perspective.
let

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #9483 on: December 07, 2021, 01:48:46 pm »

WHAT THE ABSOLUTE FUCK IS WRONG WITH ME? MY INTERVIEW WAS YESTERDAY. I WROTE IT DOWN WRONG. I WROTE IT WHILE I WAS ON THE PHONE, HOW COULD I GET IT WRONG?? I'VE FUCKING DISQUALIFIED MYSELF WITH SUCH A RUDIMENTARY FUCKING ERROR. I OFFICIALLY DESERVE ALL THE MISFORTUNE AND MISERY IN MY LIFE, I'VE BROUGHT THIS ON MYSELF, I DESERVE TO FUCKING DIE. MY VOICE IS HOARSE FROM SCREAMING IN MY CAR. JUST GODDAMNIT I'M WORTHLESS.

AND JUST TO RUB IT IN, THE MOMENT I WALK OUT OF THE OFFICE, I GET A TEXT SAYING THE FUCKING MCHIRE PROCESS FOR MCDONALDS IS READY TO MOVE FORWARD. THE COMEDIC TIMING IS SO FUCKING ON POINT I CAN'T FUCKING BELIEVE IT. I'M A FUCKING JOKE. WHAT AN OPPORTUNITY I'VE PISSED AWAY THROUGH MY OWN INCOMPETENCE, AGAIN! FUCKING AGAIN! I'LL NEVER FUCKING RECOVER FROM THIS. THIS IS A FUCKING MORTAL BLOW TO MY SELF-WORTH. JUST FUCK ME.

I know _a lot_ about self-inflicted wounds.

You'll recover. As long as you don't spend all your time and energy beating yourself up for it. Let that hot flash of shame and self-disappointment wash over you. Feel it, or you won't learn from it. But then move on. If you let your last mistake define you then it will follow you forever. Maturity is acknowledging your mistakes and then growing beyond them. It's not the fucking up that defines who we are, it's how we deal with it.

Good luck Joshua. Look at it this way. The only place to go from here is up.
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9484 on: December 07, 2021, 03:17:16 pm »

Thanks for the kind words everyone. The silver lining is that I did get that job at Mcdonalds... it's not glamorous, and the pay isn't great, but it's a very short commute, and it's a new experience. The hysterical reaction on my part is 99% disappointment in myself, and only 1% worry over my finances.

I apologize for the profanity and shameless ranting.

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #9485 on: December 07, 2021, 04:22:05 pm »

Pfffttt, read my post history. Bay12 is like my unpaid therapist just who nods, doodling on their notepad while I swear up a storm.

Glad you're working. Try to make some friends among the staff if you can, and don't give up on looking for a better job!
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #9486 on: December 10, 2021, 01:10:34 am »

Motherf- I was, I kid you not, in a channel about religion listening to someone explain veganism to someone with dreadfully bad takes.

And my internet dropped! Thanks, Spectrum!

Also, to my phone: Phone. There is a period button. If I want to end a sentence, I'll press that button.
If I press the comma button, I want a comma. Not a period with some spaces.
And so I delete them and do it again
And then do it again, and this time you understand
Until later in the same message
Holy shit
Fuck you, algorithm
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

martinuzz

• Bay Watcher
  • High dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #9487 on: December 10, 2021, 01:08:13 pm »

A serious leak has been revealed in Java software, making the log-in services of sites, including Apple, Google and Amazon extremely vulnerable.
The tech world is very worried, predicting it will lead to a wave of ransomware attacks of unprecedented scale within a few weeks.

https://www.volkskrant.nl/nieuws-achtergrond/lek-ontdekt-in-java-de-software-die-wordt-gebruikt-door-bedrijven-van-google-tot-nu-nl~baf541d5f/

EDIT: I've been using Firefox + NoScript for ages. It blocks website Java scripts from running unless you give them explicit permission. This now has become less secure, since it also affects sites that are on most people's allow lists.
« Last Edit: December 10, 2021, 01:09:44 pm by martinuzz »

We can ­disagree and still love each other, ­unless your disagreement is rooted in my oppression and denial of my humanity and right to exist - James Baldwin

None

• Bay Watcher
  • Forgotten, but not gone
    • View Profile
« Reply #9488 on: December 10, 2021, 05:38:34 pm »

Java scripts, or javascript? The vulnerability is with the Apache Log4j Java library. Pretty sure most websites aren't running raw java for their widgets.
« Last Edit: December 10, 2021, 05:40:40 pm by None »

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #9489 on: December 10, 2021, 08:22:52 pm »

forecast showing a high in the 80s tomorrow

go away florida i want my meager winter back ;_;
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #9490 on: December 10, 2021, 11:21:15 pm »

Perhaps you’d like to swap your 80s for my below freezing and possibly 13” of overnight snow?
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

dragdeler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9491 on: December 11, 2021, 01:56:58 am »

:(
let

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #9492 on: December 11, 2021, 09:33:16 am »

Perhaps you’d like to swap your 80s for my below freezing and possibly 13” of overnight snow?
Yes, yes I would. Gib your below freezing and 13" of snow. Get on top of your house with a big fan and flap it all towards florida.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Uthimienure

• Bay Watcher
  • O frabjous day!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #9493 on: December 11, 2021, 11:49:20 am »

Here, we should be having below-freezing and 13" of snow, but instead it's 45F with a big windstorm blowing a few shingles off my roof and 2 separate power outages... all with me lying in bed alone with strep throat spitting in a cup because swallowing feels like razorblades going down.  Have begun self-medicating with some leftover antibiotics, but will miss work tonight (in an otherwise perfect-attendance job since May).
"I've never really had issues with the old DF interface (I mean, I loved even 'umkh'!)" ... brewer bob
As we say in France: "ah, l'amour toujours l'amour"... François D.

martinuzz

• Bay Watcher
  • High dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #9494 on: December 11, 2021, 02:26:22 pm »

Have begun self-medicating with some leftover antibiotics
Don't do that. That's how you breed antibiotic-resistant strains. Go to your doctor instead.

Pages: 1 ... 631 632 [633] 634 635 ... 772