Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 647 648 [649] 650 651 ... 778

Author Topic: Things that made you mildly upset today thread  (Read 855347 times)

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you mildly upset today thread
« Reply #9720 on: February 23, 2022, 05:55:20 pm »

Y'know, the childhood trauma that led to a phobia of boats involved calling something that wasn't a frog, a frog.* Maybe the reverse could traumatize some other child :V

*Protip: Bullfrogs do not, in fact, grow to be larger than a riverboat. Tell a friend.
« Last Edit: February 23, 2022, 05:57:04 pm by Frumple »
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

brewer bob

• Bay Watcher
  • euphoric due to inebriation
    • View Profile
« Reply #9721 on: February 23, 2022, 06:27:38 pm »

Yeah cats are very low maintenance, and I'm also not opposed for the idea of having an anti-rodent device in the house (see previous discussions in these forums about our war on mice).

Cats are probably the best solution for mouse problems. We used to have mice coming inside in late autumn/early winter, but since we got a cat the mice stopped coming in after one made the mistake of doing so while a cat was around. No mice anymore for 5 or so years, though outside there's still plenty of them (and that's perfectly fine).

Another vote for checking out shelter cats. A surprising number of them are really good animals that wound up in shelters because of stuff to do with their owners rather than the cat itself.

A vote for shelter cats from me too. Some of the best and most adorable cats I've had the honor of knowing came from a shelter. It's wonderful to see how a shy and possibly traumatized creature becomes trusting and social in a loving and caring home. Though, if there's kids around it's best to take a cat used to them. Some cats don't like kids at all.

Also, remember that cats live a long time, and despite being "easy animals" they do still require proper care, attention and activity. Best is to have a cat friend (or two) for them.

Grim Portent

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9722 on: February 23, 2022, 06:50:42 pm »

Y'know, the childhood trauma that led to a phobia of boats involved calling something that wasn't a frog, a frog.* Maybe the reverse could traumatize some other child :V

*Protip: Bullfrogs do not, in fact, grow to be larger than a riverboat. Tell a friend.

Though they do have a big enough appetite that they may try to eat a riverboat.
There once was a dwarf in a cave,
who many would consider brave.
With a head like a block
he went out for a sock,
his ass I won't bother to save.

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #9723 on: February 24, 2022, 12:42:03 am »

The moral of the story being not to leave your river boat and frogs unattended?

I have been, on top of chronic anxiety and depression, quite tired, and very cold, because this cold snap had been bullshit and froze the water lines to the horse trough, so I have to carry water in a bucket, and the cold hurts my face. We are now extra short staffed at work, meaning it's just me and two other aides to do two shifts seven days a week. We're all miserable. My back hurts. And my groin, since I slipped in the new snow that has fallen
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

MrRoboto75

• Bay Watcher
  • Belongs in the Trash!
    • View Profile
« Reply #9724 on: February 26, 2022, 11:01:16 am »

I swear, if I'm doing anything that isn't making somebody money my dad has to be a whiny bitch about how "lazy" I am.
I consume
I purchase
I consume again

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #9725 on: February 26, 2022, 11:05:16 am »

I swear, if I'm doing anything that isn't making somebody money my dad has to be a whiny bitch about how "lazy" I am.

Well stop being lazy then: get a job for every hour of every day and be a productive member of society. Even if your body deteriorates to the point of death, you’ll make money for someone.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #9726 on: February 27, 2022, 11:49:50 am »

Well stop being lazy then: get a job for every hour of every day and be a productive member of society. Even if your body deteriorates to the point of death, you’ll make money for someone.
WORKING 00:00 TO 00:00
WHAT A WAY TO MAKE A LIVING
I'VE GOT, NO BRAIN CELLS
LACK OF SLEEP IS REMOVING
MY, WILL TO BREATHE
AND THEY NEVER GIVE ME PAYCHECK
It's enough to drive you, crazy if you let it!

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #9727 on: February 27, 2022, 12:27:54 pm »

WORKING 00:00 TO 00:00
WHAT A WAY TO MAKE A LIVING
I'VE GOT, NO BRAIN CELLS
LACK OF SLEEP IS REMOVING
MY, WILL TO BREATHE
AND THEY NEVER GIVE ME PAYCHECK
It's enough to drive you, crazy if you let it!
Reminds me of Cicada, a kid's book about a friendly bug that works hard and earnestly despite being treated so poorly they eventually jump off a skyscraper.

Beautiful book, really, but goddamn the ending is a bit of a trip.
Ask not!
Ask!

Rockeater

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9728 on: March 05, 2022, 04:46:30 pm »

I accidentally deleted my Slay the spire save, I defeated the heart in that one, so it sucks to lose porgress
Damnit people, this is why I said to keep the truce. Because now everyone's ganging up on the cats.
Also, don't forget to contact your local Eldritch Being(s), so that they can help with our mission to destroy the universe.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #9729 on: March 05, 2022, 07:36:02 pm »

For what it's worth, I'm fairly sure whatever part of the game that governs the record of progression is plain text editable. You can restore your progress to whatever arbitrary point you please, heh.
Ask not!
Ask!

dragdeler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9730 on: March 06, 2022, 05:58:14 am »

Mini petit pain au chocolat. They suck so hard. Not once have the 2 strings of chocolate running alongside eachother, they're allways on top of eachother, somebody keeeps robotically lying them on the shitty side it's lovelessly frozen as, making 60-70% of the volume disgusting dough withouth anything. I swear they are so dry they taste like industrial croissants you'd get served in an extremly cheap hotel in spain.

Both our bakers have insanely high quality standards, yet both of them keep throwing a batch in, wasting precious time and space in the oven, for a product that is allways among the last things to sell, you gotta be despairing to buy the mini pti pains au chocolot, even supermarket and discounters have better ones. God I hate them.
let

Iduno

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9731 on: March 06, 2022, 11:58:12 am »

Mini petit pain au chocolat. They suck so hard. Not once have the 2 strings of chocolate running alongside eachother, they're allways on top of eachother, somebody keeeps robotically lying them on the shitty side it's lovelessly frozen as, making 60-70% of the volume disgusting dough withouth anything. I swear they are so dry they taste like industrial croissants you'd get served in an extremly cheap hotel in spain.

Both our bakers have insanely high quality standards, yet both of them keep throwing a batch in, wasting precious time and space in the oven, for a product that is allways among the last things to sell, you gotta be despairing to buy the mini pti pains au chocolot, even supermarket and discounters have better ones. God I hate them.

Pain, indeed.

Yes, I'm aware. It's a pun.

MaxTheFox

• Bay Watcher
  • Лишь одна дорожка да на всей земле
    • View Profile
« Reply #9732 on: March 12, 2022, 01:30:07 am »

I missed the 1000-post milestone.
Woe to those who make unjust laws, to those who issue oppressive decrees, to deprive the poor of their rights and withhold justice from the oppressed of my people, making widows their prey and robbing the fatherless. What will you do on the day of reckoning, when disaster comes from afar?

da_nang

• Bay Watcher
  • Argonian Overlord
    • View Profile
« Reply #9733 on: March 13, 2022, 06:25:12 am »

Welp, it finally happened.

Two cases of 'Rona in the family now. Patient zero was a triple-vaccine breakthrough from the look of things.

The other one just couldn't be bothered to get vaccinated despite encouragement. :(

(I live 100+ km away, don't you worry!)
"Deliver yesterday, code today, think tomorrow."
Ceterum censeo Unionem Europaeam esse delendam.
Future supplanter of humanity.

martinuzz

• Bay Watcher
  • High dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #9734 on: March 15, 2022, 05:01:28 pm »

Your fast thinking and action probably saved your dog! Good job. And very bad job on keeping rat's poison within dog's reach. That means it's within crawling toddler reach too.
Friendly and polite reminder for optimists: Hope is a finite resource

We can ­disagree and still love each other, ­unless your disagreement is rooted in my oppression and denial of my humanity and right to exist - James Baldwin

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=73719.msg1830479#msg1830479
Pages: 1 ... 647 648 [649] 650 651 ... 778