Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 670 671 [672] 673 674 ... 778

Author Topic: Things that made you mildly upset today thread  (Read 855480 times)

None

• Bay Watcher
  • Forgotten, but not gone
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you mildly upset today thread
« Reply #10065 on: July 09, 2022, 07:53:23 pm »

For my roommate's sake, I need to get a coldbrew going on, since I'm usually groggily activating the coffeemaker as he's putting his boots on to go, which means he's getting hot concentrated bean drip which needs to be iced down with coffee ice cubes and I'm getting 60% coffee per coffee when the pot is done. Which takes about an hour these days; I need to treat it again.

S'just water and french press in the fridge overnight, right? Press and receive the juice?

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #10066 on: July 09, 2022, 08:04:44 pm »

I like black coffee for the taste.  My dad got into coffee-making for a bit but focused on espresso, which tasted interesting but was too fast.  I like to get a cup of overpriced coffee with him when I visit, sometimes.  Or a weird-ass cabeza taco from a food truck.  It's fun to go out of one's comfort zone.

I guess I do honestly enjoy coffee (black, please) but I prefer tea, herbal teas, or ginger drinks.  Usually just cheap ginger soda, but harsh real ginger is worth the sugar *occasionally*.

My family has so much diabetes, so I am very careful~
Lost 5 pounds since starting HRT btw but I was eating *more*, I just felt like going to the gym a lot more.  I was already mid-high weight so I'm still happy with it, I was mostly just surprised I didn't *gain* from all the eating.
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

Great Order

• Bay Watcher
  • [SCREAMS_INTERNALLY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #10067 on: July 10, 2022, 12:15:51 am »

I've gathered that HRT in general can cause weight loss in and as of itself because the body's suddenly finding itself having to make changes in physiology, which is a pretty laborious process from a nutrition standpoint. On top of that, it's like a second puberty and we all know what the first one does to your metabolism.

~~

I've got a spot on my nose. It's yet to form a head and it's horrifically sensitive. If I brush it it's like someone drove a needle into the thing. Fecking genetics man, I'm in my late 20s, I shouldn't be having acne like I'm a teenager still, and this is with an effective facecare routine. Normally I'm way worse.
I may have wasted all those years
They're not worth their time in tears
I may have spent too long in darkness
In the warmth of my fears

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #10068 on: July 10, 2022, 12:29:43 am »

Yeah, that's why I was over-eating on purpose.  I wanted my biology to have everything it needed, and as a 90% vegetarian I was trying to eat more protein.

Bean and rice, mostly.  (It's that easy).

(I had dreams about eating too much.  I guess this stuff isn't easy.  But if you visit the gym twice a week as a game,)

I mean.  I don't consider my trips to the gym as an onus, really.  It's nice indulging in some endorphins.  But I guess I'm supposed to pretend that it isn't fun.
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #10069 on: July 10, 2022, 07:18:42 am »

... it must be nice to get endorphins from exercise. I honestly can't remember ever experiencing that, even back in school where it was regular enough I was in okay shape. Gods know it'd make keeping up on that stuff a metric fuckton easier if there were anything to it other than exhaustion, pain, and sweat :-\
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

TD1

• Bay Watcher
  • Childe Roland to the Dark Tower Came
    • View Profile
« Reply #10070 on: July 11, 2022, 01:56:56 pm »

Huh, so I looked into it and some people genuinely don't get an endorphin high from exercise. That's... unfortunate.

Granted, I use the gym as an outlet for excess energy, not to ride a runner's high.
Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination
  TD1 has claimed the title of Penblessed the Endless Fountain of Epics!
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #10071 on: July 11, 2022, 02:22:14 pm »

Yeah, I loathe it. Literally like my skin is trying to peel away

Moving this past two weeks has been hell. Nonstop sweating and burning and sores and rashes. I've got a sore on top my foot that keeps coming open everytime I work, peeling the scab right off, and weve run out of bandages to put over it. On top of that i had a cold and then got dehydrated and lightheaded for an evening. I'm so glad everything's finally unloaded and now it's just organizing and unpacking.

And one of our cats ran out the door in the morning and never came back. I keep hoping she'll show up but I don't think she will...
« Last Edit: July 11, 2022, 02:31:37 pm by Eric Blank »
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #10072 on: July 11, 2022, 04:29:41 pm »

Coffee is horrible

English breakfast tea is peak caffeine performance.

I tried cutting sugar out at one point. Ended up losing a stone I really couldn't afford to lose. I've an insanely fast metabolism, so apparently sugar is the only thing keeping me healthy.
English tea is disgusting.

Irish tea is double disgusting.

The reason you think coffee is horrible is that because all coffee in these islands sucks, and none of you can brew it anyway. Not that you're any good at brewing tea - every time someone here says they are good at brewing tea, Qin Shi Huang spins fast enough in his grave to power both the PRC *and* his cyborg terracotta army for one year.
There's two kinds of performance reviews: the one you make they don't read, the one they make whilst they sharpen their daggers
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

TD1

• Bay Watcher
  • Childe Roland to the Dark Tower Came
    • View Profile
« Reply #10073 on: July 11, 2022, 04:53:54 pm »

I'm sensing a lot of anger.

Truly, it is an emotion which can cloud the judgement and poison the mind of anyone.

(How to brew tea:
Step 1: Purchase English breakfast tea
Step 2: Place in teapot
Step 3: Add boiled water
Step 4: Wait
Step 5: Pour, add playful splash of milk, enjoy

And to hell with that bastard Qin Shi Huang!)
Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination
  TD1 has claimed the title of Penblessed the Endless Fountain of Epics!
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

Il Palazzo

• Bay Watcher
  • And lo, the Dude did abide. And it was good.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10074 on: July 11, 2022, 04:56:26 pm »

English tea is so horrid, they have to dilute it with milk to kill the taste.

Magmacube_tr

• Bay Watcher
  • Praise KeK! For He is The Key and The Gate!
    • View Profile
« Reply #10075 on: July 11, 2022, 05:13:56 pm »

English tea is so horrid, they have to dilute it with milk to kill the taste.

Turkish tea is the best. I don't get why the English are portrayed as tea addicts while here we are, consuming more than two times as much.

It's not even a competition.
I must submerge myself in MAGMAAAAAAAAA! daily for 17 cents, which I detest. With a new profile picture!

My gaem. JOIN NAOW!!!

My sigtext. Read if you dare!

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10076 on: July 11, 2022, 05:17:16 pm »

English tea is processed using the cut tear curl method and maximum oxidation so that you can taste the full bitterness of the nasty, old leaves they use to make it while Qin Shi Huang laughs all the way to the bank (and enjoys his tip & bud blend that has been rubbed with fragrant jasmine flowers ... as many as seven times).

They don't even have the decency to put spices in or foam the milk to cover the flavor, as on the Subcontinent.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

MrRoboto75

• Bay Watcher
  • Belongs in the Trash!
    • View Profile
« Reply #10077 on: July 11, 2022, 05:23:27 pm »

Imagine making real use of any of those spices and teas you colonized half the world for.
I consume
I purchase
I consume again

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #10078 on: July 11, 2022, 05:28:39 pm »

Huh, so I looked into it and some people genuinely don't get an endorphin high from exercise. That's... unfortunate.

Granted, I use the gym as an outlet for excess energy, not to ride a runner's high.

You have excess energy? I barely do anything and I require stimulants to have enough energy to do it!
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
  • Duggin was the hero we needed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10079 on: July 11, 2022, 05:39:56 pm »

(How to brew tea:
Step 1: Go buy a gallon of Arizona iced tea
Step 2: Chug from the jug
Step 3: Watch the world burn

FTFY
FACT I: Post note art is best art.
FACT II: Dunamisdeos is a forum-certified wordsmith.
FACT III: "All life begins with Post-it notes and ends with Post-it notes. This is the truth! This is my belief!...At least for now."
FACT IV: SPEECHO THE TRUSTWORM IS YOUR FRIEND or BEHOLD: THE FRUIT ENGINE 3.0
Pages: 1 ... 670 671 [672] 673 674 ... 778