Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 689 690 [691] 692 693 ... 775

Author Topic: Things that made you mildly upset today thread  (Read 841442 times)

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you mildly upset today thread
« Reply #10350 on: September 06, 2022, 06:10:49 pm »

My nerves seem to be on end, and I can't relax for the last 2 days now. Just some latent anxiety is nesting under my skin, and I can't seem to shake it off.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #10351 on: September 07, 2022, 12:14:32 am »

Upgrade(?) to mildly upset, grandma's not likely to need surgery according to the bone doctor... even after a second fall onto the same side this morning. Two fractures near the ball socket, but specific condition's such that surgery isn't likely to produce any better results in terms of restored range of motion and whatnot than not surgery. Basically everything about the situation sucks, and while she's sorta' trying to cooperate she also thought she broke her shoulder a week ago at one point this afternoon (it was less than 48 hours ago), so... yeah. Yeah. It's now gone from "she could sorta' keep an eye on her husband while other house people did things like, y'know, sleep" to "she can't even safely stand under her own power right now, nevermind herd a person with fairly advanced dementia that outweighs her by like 30-40 pounds".

Anyway, upshot is my day started at 7 this morning and it hasn't stopped until basically now, when family came to take over keeping an eye on folks for the night.

Frumple is wildly exhausted right now and most of my extremities + my spine would like to cordially remind me they fucking hate me and want me to die. I am not healthy enough to be doing this, and my basically everything is currently reminding me of that. Plus my grandmother has a broken shoulder. So, like. I'd like to check out and go home now, or at least to sleep for a little while or something.
« Last Edit: September 07, 2022, 12:16:34 am by Frumple »
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Great Order

• Bay Watcher
  • [SCREAMS_INTERNALLY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #10352 on: September 08, 2022, 11:10:57 am »

Kiwi Farms managed to get back up because a "Guys I'm totally just for free speech which is why I exclusively host alt-right extremists" company has given them server space.

I am left wondering why the owner hasn't been the victim of his victims though? It's not like he's an unknown person.
I may have wasted all those years
They're not worth their time in tears
I may have spent too long in darkness
In the warmth of my fears

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #10353 on: September 08, 2022, 12:33:32 pm »

Such bigots get to be public figures because the stochastic terrorism isn't really a "both sides" thing.  He lives in fear that he can't find a business partner for his doxxing operation, whereas his victims have... other fears.

I think he deserves time in a restorative justice system until he stops terrorizing people to death, though I wouldn't mind if he drowned on his own tears over these business difficulties.  I hope his dreams force him to face his actions every night until he understands.

Same goes for Alex Jones and all the other public figures who sob about "cancellation" while living secure lives, pockets full from shilling hate.  I hope their families despise them.
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #10354 on: September 08, 2022, 02:17:13 pm »

Admittedly the Alex Jones trials were a source of great entertainment; him having to argue that he was satirical and no one would obviously take him seroiusly was next level meta irony

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #10355 on: September 08, 2022, 02:47:46 pm »

I was felt pathos listening to Knowledge Fight cover the trial.  It's not like Jones stopped, though, he's going harder than ever.  Maybe in a few years the other trials will actually bankrupt him, particularly considering how much he's laughing at the punitive damages from this one.

It's not like this feels like effective justice.  He's been calling me a literal demon who needs to die for decades.  He's killed people with his vaccine conspiracies, not to mention the armed terrorism he kept inspiring (always with "plausible deniability").  It's far too late for justice.  He needed to be stopped long ago, but the justice system is only for kids in poor neighborhoods.
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #10356 on: September 08, 2022, 03:59:17 pm »

THES PEOPLE ARE LITERALLY* DEMONS

*Metaphorically

Jopax

• Bay Watcher
  • Cat on a hat
    • View Profile
« Reply #10357 on: September 11, 2022, 06:08:16 am »

Was at one of my best friends weddings last night, it was pretty damn great all the way through. Girl I'm crushing super hard on but shouldn't be was there as well, had a great time hanging out and dancing but that leads nowhere since she's got a boyfriend so that's a no-go zone for me. So imagine my delight when one of the other girls attending got super interested in me as the night went on, hell, she was very cute so the interest was mutual. Had a great time dancing and hanging out as well, shit could've went places probably. Then I find out that she's got a boyfriend as well and I kinda force myself to just not interact with her for the rest of the night (a couple of hours at that point). She did kinda notice that and was probably a tad upset by the sudden change but honestly I didn't give a crap at that point, messing with other peoples relationships is a hard line I'll never cross and I don't particularly like folks are willing to cross it themselves.

Mildly upsetting but it was on otherwise great night so no point in wasting time dwelling on it I guess :V
"my batteries are low and it's getting dark"
AS - IG

Il Palazzo

• Bay Watcher
  • And lo, the Dude did abide. And it was good.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10358 on: September 11, 2022, 06:29:54 am »

My dude, relax your standards. People are often looking for a way out of an unsatisfying relationship while still technically being spoken for. They're unhappy but they don't want to be alone. So they'll only break up with the current partner once they do find somebody else.
FFS, if my experience with the fairer sex is anything to go by, that's the default. You're cutting yourself off from good things.

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10359 on: September 11, 2022, 06:46:55 am »

I feel it's crass to bring up, but I'd like to remember 9/11 on its anniversary today. I'm sure how to show respect, it just feels too important to go unsaid.

heydude6

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10360 on: September 11, 2022, 09:29:49 am »

My dude, relax your standards. People are often looking for a way out of an unsatisfying relationship while still technically being spoken for. They're unhappy but they don't want to be alone. So they'll only break up with the current partner once they do find somebody else.
FFS, if my experience with the fairer sex is anything to go by, that's the default. You're cutting yourself off from good things.

The only question is whether your experience trumps mine. My experience with "low-stakes" infidelity (eg. before marriage) is that the only people who engage in it are weak-willed individuals who are desperately trying to have both cakes at once. You should not assume you are the more valued partner in the relationship and in that case, why let your self-confidence be destroyed by a silver medal?

Also, if she was interested in cheating, she would have delayed telling him about the boyfriend for as long as possible.
Lets use the ancient naval art of training war parrots. No one will realize they have been boarded by space war parrots until it is to late!
You can fake being able to run on water. You can't fake looking cool when you break your foot on a door and hit your head on the floor.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #10361 on: September 11, 2022, 10:30:40 am »

Yeah, if someone is willing to cheat with you, they’re also willing to cheat on you.

If you’ve no interest in maintaining a relationship with the person beyond initial cheating, then sure, fire away.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

dragdeler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10362 on: September 12, 2022, 09:25:13 am »

In a way palazo is right but retrospectively am I happy I did never go with such a codependant piece of unable to spend a week alone.
let

Il Palazzo

• Bay Watcher
  • And lo, the Dude did abide. And it was good.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10363 on: September 12, 2022, 10:02:52 am »

You're all judging people too harshly based on some rigid preconceptions of fidelity. People are more complex than that.
Some are not assertive, some have low self esteem, some don't believe they can do better. Some have moved in or rented together with their mediocre partner and can't afford to live on their own. Some may have resigned themselves to the fair-to-middling relationship they're in but would jump on a chance for a real romance if such a prospect presented itself. Some might have already decided to end the current relationship, but haven't told anybody yet.
There's a myriad reasons.
Sure, some are flirty or promiscuous just for the sake of boosting their egos, but you can't assume that without at least attempting to getting to know them first.

And goddamnit, what is this 'if they cheated with you, they'll cheat on you' mentality?
How about 'if they were unhappy and looked for happiness elsewhere, then they'll start looking again if you make them unhappy too'.
Your only concern should be to find out if their definition of unhappiness is not something unreasonable or egotistic. But how would you ever learn that if you disconnect the moment you hear they have a partner.

What, does any of you want only such a 'weak-willed', 'codependent' soul that will stay with you regardless of bad you treat them? Or do you really want to find such a ballsy giant of a (wo)man who ends relationships at first sight of trouble and has the means and the ego to repeatedly put themselves on the dating market? (see, hyperbole can be used both ways)

dragdeler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10364 on: September 12, 2022, 10:28:39 am »

Do not lump me in with the others, it's not about virtue, it's plain cynicism that realistacally somebody like that would bust my balls within a week. If I can't have friends that are content to see me thrice a year I won't have friends either...

needy shit species
let
Pages: 1 ... 689 690 [691] 692 693 ... 775