Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 718 719 [720] 721 722 ... 771

Author Topic: Things that made you mildly upset today thread  (Read 819525 times)

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you mildly upset today thread
« Reply #10785 on: February 03, 2023, 03:54:53 am »

I remember that some kid got named ampersand and another named blanket.

Sorry, it still has to pass the Swedish Customs Service name permission department, which has to approve of all given names.

I would not pay for your service unless you offered a Customs Service Approval guarantee for your keyboard mashes
With some tweaking my keyboard mashes can conform to their requirements....     probably.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

TD1

• Bay Watcher
  • Childe Roland to the Dark Tower Came
    • View Profile
« Reply #10786 on: February 03, 2023, 05:13:34 am »

If you edit it into order.... is it still a keyboard mash? ??? ???
« Last Edit: February 03, 2023, 05:17:38 am by TD1 »
Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination
  TD1 has claimed the title of Penblessed the Endless Fountain of Epics!
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10787 on: February 03, 2023, 05:26:55 am »

If people can do it with AI generated stuff and get away with it, than I can do the same with keyboard bashed names.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #10788 on: February 03, 2023, 09:05:35 am »

There’s the whole infinite monkeys and typewriters and Shakespeare thing.

I’m.l not sure the world needs infinite Zultan’s though. I’m pretty sure he’s the bad guy in Hawk The Slayer.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10789 on: February 03, 2023, 06:57:01 pm »

It's 15°F, with a wind chill going below 0. My walls and especially floor have shit for insulation - sadly not literal as that would actually probably make good insulation, and my radiator isn't working. Possibly because the living room(where the thermostat is) is at least 60°F.
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10790 on: February 03, 2023, 07:09:24 pm »

Sounds like blankets aplenty are needed.

If not you gotta layer up.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10791 on: February 03, 2023, 07:15:42 pm »

You can try layering on successively bigger layers of big winter coats. That's what I did once, very warm and comfy.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10792 on: February 03, 2023, 08:12:04 pm »

I just bum around in my shorts, like a real man.

I’m so cold I jest I like being cold, much to my wife’s bemusement.

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10793 on: February 04, 2023, 04:22:49 am »

There’s the whole infinite monkeys and typewriters and Shakespeare thing.

I’m.l not sure the world needs infinite Zultan’s though. I’m pretty sure he’s the bad guy in Hawk The Slayer.
There can be only one Zultan! Having more than one would cause the world to end. Also apparently the villain from Hawk The Slayer is Vultan, he must be some kind of rip off version of me.

TD1

• Bay Watcher
  • Childe Roland to the Dark Tower Came
    • View Profile
« Reply #10794 on: February 04, 2023, 06:11:16 am »

I just bum around in my shorts, like a real man.

I’m so cold I jest I like being cold, much to my wife’s bemusement.

Peak culture is appreciating being dressed warmly in bitterly cold temperatures.

Edit: Also, this was a fun read.
Quote from: wikipedia
Even if every proton in the observable universe (which is estimated at roughly 1080) were a monkey with a typewriter, typing from the Big Bang until the end of the universe (when protons might no longer exist), they would still need a far greater amount of time – more than three hundred and sixty thousand orders of magnitude longer – to have even a 1 in 10500 chance of success. To put it another way, for a one in a trillion chance of success, there would need to be 10360,641 observable universes made of protonic monkeys
« Last Edit: February 04, 2023, 06:14:52 am by TD1 »
Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination
  TD1 has claimed the title of Penblessed the Endless Fountain of Epics!
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

MrRoboto75

• Bay Watcher
  • Belongs in the Trash!
    • View Profile
« Reply #10795 on: February 04, 2023, 10:14:51 am »

Edit: Also, this was a fun read.
Quote from: wikipedia
Even if every proton in the observable universe (which is estimated at roughly 1080) were a monkey with a typewriter, typing from the Big Bang until the end of the universe (when protons might no longer exist), they would still need a far greater amount of time – more than three hundred and sixty thousand orders of magnitude longer – to have even a 1 in 10500 chance of success. To put it another way, for a one in a trillion chance of success, there would need to be 10360,641 observable universes made of protonic monkeys

It was the best of times, it was the blurst of times?  Stupid cosmic monkeys!
I consume
I purchase
I consume again

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #10796 on: February 05, 2023, 07:58:41 pm »

Youtube's algorithm has stepped up again.  Or maybe they found out how to get around the adblockers.

Im getting spammed with utter crap.  And I'm getting the ad thats supposed to be on the top left of the 'browsing page I set as my default youtube page'.

Please make it stop.  I dont want the garbage they flood me with.  Currently its a bunch of movie clips from the 80s and 90s.  Somebody thinks I have nostalgia.
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

Schmaven

• Bay Watcher
  • Abiding
    • View Profile
« Reply #10797 on: February 05, 2023, 08:57:23 pm »

Youtube's algorithm has stepped up again.  Or maybe they found out how to get around the adblockers.
I dont want the garbage they flood me with.

At least being unrelated garbage, you won't be swindled by the ads into buying something you don't need.

None

• Bay Watcher
  • Forgotten, but not gone
    • View Profile
« Reply #10798 on: February 06, 2023, 11:39:19 am »

say | it | with | me
anx | i | e | ty

why? who knows! it's here, it's now, it's in your head, and those wires are hot

martinuzz

• Bay Watcher
  • High dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #10799 on: February 07, 2023, 04:59:24 am »

Sigh. Last summer, about 400 refugees had to sleep outside on the grass, because our government couldn't find enough places to shelter them.

Now there's a new problem.
About 500 families that did get their asylum granted are still sleeping in shelters.
The families are too large to find proper accomodation for. They have too many children to fit anywhere in a dutch social rental home. We're not used to people having that many children, except in a few conservative protestant christian villages perhaps, so our housing isn't built for that.
Friendly and polite reminder for optimists: Hope is a finite resource

We can ­disagree and still love each other, ­unless your disagreement is rooted in my oppression and denial of my humanity and right to exist - James Baldwin

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=73719.msg1830479#msg1830479
Pages: 1 ... 718 719 [720] 721 722 ... 771