Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 724 725 [726] 727 728 ... 775

Author Topic: Things that made you mildly upset today thread  (Read 840538 times)

dragdeler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you mildly upset today thread
« Reply #10875 on: March 03, 2023, 07:39:47 am »

Shit weather, first I pull my neck, then I get down with some real flu. NICE WEATHER YEAH FUCKING -2C° AIR DRYER. Eat your garbage and throw yourself into the sun, but first and foremost SHUT THE FUCK UP.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: March 03, 2023, 10:22:52 am by dragdeler »
let

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #10876 on: March 03, 2023, 08:26:21 am »

enjoy your country bass career for the 2 days it lasts

It's probably the bird flu, or as it's often called for short, the blues
Love, scriver~

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10877 on: March 03, 2023, 05:07:46 pm »

Just drop an "oom pahpah mow mow" and then disappear forever.

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

TD1

• Bay Watcher
  • Childe Roland to the Dark Tower Came
    • View Profile
« Reply #10878 on: March 05, 2023, 10:03:21 am »

It's probably the bird flu, or as it's often called for short, the blues

I feel this is pro-pigeon/avian propaganda.

Just judging from your avatar.
Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination
  TD1 has claimed the title of Penblessed the Endless Fountain of Epics!
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10879 on: March 05, 2023, 12:12:37 pm »

So it turns out that whatever was killing my dad isn't actually killing him anymore. At least, not in the short term.

He did go back to smoking a pack and a half a day, though.
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

None

• Bay Watcher
  • Forgotten, but not gone
    • View Profile
« Reply #10880 on: March 05, 2023, 12:27:39 pm »

Just drop an "oom pahpah mow mow" and then disappear forever.

as a french hornist i just involuntarily recoiled

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #10881 on: March 05, 2023, 12:28:43 pm »

Im just imagining my cat making that noise now.

hiss *hairball* meow meow
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

MrRoboto75

• Bay Watcher
  • Belongs in the Trash!
    • View Profile
« Reply #10882 on: March 05, 2023, 02:29:17 pm »

Why are people upset at me today?  Oh right my voice isn't in the triple digit decibels like theirs is.  Not that it matters when everyone misinterprets what they do hear or talk over me anyway, just so they can make up more reasons to get madder.
I consume
I purchase
I consume again

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10883 on: March 05, 2023, 05:40:55 pm »

Why are people upset at me today?  Oh right my voice isn't in the triple digit decibels like theirs is.  Not that it matters when everyone misinterprets what they do hear or talk over me anyway, just so they can make up more reasons to get madder.

I understand. My voice doesn't carry very far either. Doesn't help that I'm usually wearing a mask outside the home. Or that my hearing is quite sensitive, so that my voice sounds much louder to me than it does to them.
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

Il Palazzo

• Bay Watcher
  • And lo, the Dude did abide. And it was good.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10884 on: March 05, 2023, 05:47:35 pm »

It's possible that they get angry because they see an adult that doesn't make an effort to enunciate their words loudly and clearly so the entire burden of communication is left for them to bear. Your voice is not your height - you can work on it.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #10885 on: March 05, 2023, 06:13:30 pm »

That is... quite possibly one of the least reasonable reasons to get angry I've seen proposed in my life.

Also one I'm incredibly doubtful of, as unless you have actual and significant hearing damage it doesn't take much to hear what someone else is saying even if they're being fairly quiet and the area you're in is pretty loud. You just have to take a second and listen, which is like bare minimum of interpersonal interaction.

Communication is a two way street, but it's not one that requires either person to be shouty unless you're in a particularly unusual situation or someone's physically damaged (and in that case, just bring a notepad or somethin').
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

MrRoboto75

• Bay Watcher
  • Belongs in the Trash!
    • View Profile
« Reply #10886 on: March 05, 2023, 07:00:07 pm »

You just have to take a second and listen

Most of the people I deal with cannot do this.  Main characters don't close their mouth and listen.  They'll literally ask a question and just start talking more when I try to answer them.  Doubly so if what I'm supposed to tell them contradicts their little reality bubble.

Your voice is not your height - you can work on it.

Bullshit, they'll just mad that now I'm too loud and sound angry.  I've been trying to play this stupid game for decades.

Also you want to lecture me about "being an adult" when these "adults" verbally abuse me every day over petty social bullshit they make up just because they can't be content without something to be mad at.
« Last Edit: March 05, 2023, 07:06:28 pm by MrRoboto75 »
I consume
I purchase
I consume again

Il Palazzo

• Bay Watcher
  • And lo, the Dude did abide. And it was good.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10887 on: March 05, 2023, 08:23:06 pm »

If I admonish you, Roboto, it's because I feel sympathy for your situation. I read what you keep writing here, and I see myself a few years back, insofar as individual experiences can be compared. Bad social skills, crushingly low self-esteem, probably on the spectrum, forced by circumstances to work in ill-fitting customer services which only highlights the problems. It pains me to see you go through the same circle of anger and self-hate. And if I urge you to learn social skills, it's because I have managed. It's an uncomfortable process, and it takes time, but it's not an impossible task. You go through the motions, you learn to put on a mask, and eventually it all becomes natural enough. So why couldn't you, other than being stuck in your mindset? You gotta keep making an effort. It's a banal thing to say, but no less true - you can't change other people, you can only ever change yourself. What alternative do you have - resign yourself to a life of misery and bitterness?

MrRoboto75

• Bay Watcher
  • Belongs in the Trash!
    • View Profile
« Reply #10888 on: March 05, 2023, 09:30:44 pm »

I just watch people get worse and worse every year, meanwhile everyone around me doesn't believe they objectively treat me worse than my other coworkers or make stupid excuses for people being shitty to me.

Frankly in a few years expect me dead.  Off a bridge or a bullet or whatever, maybe they'll finally let me.  You've been selling me the "things will get better" lie my entire life and it just doesn't.  I can put in alllll the effort in the world, shit don't change.
I consume
I purchase
I consume again

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #10889 on: March 06, 2023, 12:24:04 am »

When you say “shit doesn’t change”, what is it that’s not changing?
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.
Pages: 1 ... 724 725 [726] 727 728 ... 775