Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 727 728 [729] 730 731 ... 774

Author Topic: Things that made you mildly upset today thread  (Read 837437 times)

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you mildly upset today thread
« Reply #10920 on: March 10, 2023, 05:42:57 pm »

Fair. But when I was learning to cook, the difference between sautéed strips of meat and stir fried strips of meat is night and day. You stir fried food so fast and at such a high heat, the juices don't have time to come out and essentially boil your proteins. When you sauté it, you do get a bit of sear but some of the juice releases as well.

I dunno, having to learn my way up to Chinese stir fry without a wok I made a lot of mistakes along the way. I'd just say that if you live in a small apartment without a good hood for your stove, maybe think of something else besides stir fry or you'll probably set off your smoke alarms :P
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

dragdeler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10921 on: March 18, 2023, 09:08:26 am »

So every 15 days they come to clean our "offices"... Everytime they completly fuck up the water tap, no pressure or vapor coming out, or nothing at all. Because apparantly it's such a nuisance to wait 2 minutes for hot water. I'm no plumber and I don't give a fuck about learning about every water installation in every park.

I twisted a few valves, burned my hands a few time trying the water. Then I took the boiler of the wall and hid it in the next room at least that I know how. FUUUUUUUUUUUUU
let

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #10922 on: March 18, 2023, 10:23:59 am »

I'm going to make the obvious suggestion that noone made: drink lots of water
There's two kinds of performance reviews: the one you make they don't read, the one they make whilst they sharpen their daggers
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

dragdeler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10923 on: March 18, 2023, 12:30:37 pm »

Ironically today I had two ottles and drank less than an entire bottle, over the week I waited on a lot of tap water.

I wish I had a KO button. If I'm too enraged I push it and I fall in a 3 hour coma. I want to rip my skin off.

Just put me down like a dog with rabies.

edit: How to amend saturdays: only one car is let in at a time, they are immediatly told to shut up sit in the car turn the motor off hands on the wheel. We throw the garbage away ourselves, working more dilligently and scrupulously then needed, every rejection is immediatly signaled to the people, if things are super mixed up and or beyond dirty they never leave the car and you're told you're a pig and to fuck off on the weekend with that shit. If they complain too much they can immediatly leave as well. Work slowly as to not break a sweat it's gonna be a long day this is a marathon not a sprint.

I did not shit out those crotch goblins.
I do not own a dozen cottages.
I did not waste "hAlF mY wEeKeNd At IkEa aLlReAdY" (AGAIN)
I don't own cattle, chicken or horses, nor do I live among oil canisters.

Fucking deal with your shit yourselves, this hostage taking has got to at least be reversed if it can not end.

Threat them as above, threat them as the shit they are. These 50% longer days, with 50% more people by the hour, who bring ooof I'm not sure 50% more garbage quite cuts it... We do fill up just as much container volume on saturdays than under the week. If you reallty go at it you can manage to come 3 times on a single saturday. It's plain demonic and the more opportunity you create the more the people exploit it because remember, our services are mostly free (but only to residents... he hehheh hahahahahahahhahahahahh residents).

It ruins my life quality, impossible to maintain any kind of life hygiene with those weekends, at least I will never pull it off, too much randomness involved, I can try hard as fuck to be at least professional and still see it ripped out my hands on the finish line. Went straight to bed without eating wake up at 4 am immediatly work myself into anger again dreaming of what amounts basically to combine checkpoints at my workplace....We all got to get a grip, I do our visitors as well. Plain hostile occupation mode, the alien nazis who are slapping everybody with the electrobatons are only doing their job. I tend to fraternise against the stupidity of the most absurd rules, and only ever require/impose one single thing of everybody... It's silly and infantilizing and I swear just that mostly fails too, no matter how strict we are no matter where the line is you will allways go with your toes over the line while keeping the heel jn the safe zone. Anyway under combine occupation those monkeys would tip even more when I break out my fraternising antics (yeah I do get tips and I hate it) and you know what? I'd give the combine their tips and tell 'em to slap more gratuitely.

FUCK SATURDAYS.
« Last Edit: March 18, 2023, 11:49:16 pm by dragdeler »
let

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #10924 on: March 19, 2023, 01:47:08 am »

Looked up morning rolls because I’m weird, and now I’m craving morning rolls that I can’t get because I’m not in Scotland.

It’s just chewy bread ffs.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #10925 on: March 19, 2023, 07:13:01 am »

I'm... pretty sure you can get those outside of scotland? Like, intensely sure, because they're easy to get where I'm at in north florida and one of the more common forms of biscuit/rolls you encounter. Quick check suggests they're just called dinner or yeast rolls around here, as near as I can tell having not been to scotland to actually try local morning rolls they're the exact same thing under a different name. Form is the same, ingredients are the same, reported texture is the same, preparation is the same.

I'm less sure about other parts of the US, but much of the east coast, especially the southern parts in particular had a fuckton of scottish (and irish) diaspora -- a great deal of food you'd normally consider scottish can be found pretty trivially down here, if not always under the same name.
« Last Edit: March 19, 2023, 07:16:04 am by Frumple »
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #10926 on: March 19, 2023, 09:09:27 am »

You can get morning rolls but you can't get *true* Scotsrolls
Love, scriver~

hector13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10927 on: March 19, 2023, 10:02:53 am »

Closest thing I’ve found where I’m from is a Sheboygan hard roll, which is oddly challenging to find.

To be fair most of the rolls I’ve tried are from supermarkets rather than bakeries, so perhaps I’d have better luck there.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #10928 on: March 19, 2023, 10:12:42 am »

A good bread goes a long way.  Just settle for high quality rolls, lightly toasted with a brush of olive oil.
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #10929 on: March 19, 2023, 02:20:22 pm »

Closest thing I’ve found where I’m from is a Sheboygan hard roll, which is oddly challenging to find.

To be fair most of the rolls I’ve tried are from supermarkets rather than bakeries, so perhaps I’d have better luck there.
Yeah, I'm not sure about regional or country access. Still, if you end up somewhere with a walmart or equivalent, just... look for yeast rolls, dinner rolls, yeasty dinner rolls, or if nothing else the ingredients for them. Stuff like this. Quality's probably a bit of a downgrade, but they seem to be more or less what you're looking for.

Might try the king's hawaiian stuff if you can find it, too, offbrand just sweet or buttery rolls. They're not quite the same thing, but especially if you give 'em a toasting the texture sensation is very similar.

Push comes to shove, there's always baking them yourself. There doesn't seem to be anything fancy about the ingredients or kitchenwork involved, heh.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10930 on: March 19, 2023, 03:49:10 pm »

Americans can’t make bread, I have found. At least the stuff you find in the bread aisle is absolutely honkin’, it’s super sweet and so full of preservatives the bread lasts for months. I usually buy my bread from in-store bakeries, which runs the risk of it being slightly different each time but at least it isn’t basically cake.

Morning rolls aren’t quite like the other rolls, else I’d be alright with some of the ones I’ve found here. They’re a bit flatter and chewier than dinner rolls, and I imagine that’s to do with the way they’re made than the ingredients. There is a variant called a well-fired roll which is, for all intents and purposes, a burnt morning roll. Yummy though.

Equally so it could just be entirely psychological, as it has been literal years since I’ve had one, but I stand by the difference!

Laterigrade

• Bay Watcher
  • Is that a crab with
    • View Profile
« Reply #10931 on: March 19, 2023, 10:57:42 pm »

A growing awareness of the extent of my own anxiety. My psychiatrist wasn’t any help and the medication I’ve been taking hasn’t seemed to do anything positive.

Only mildly upset because I’m not feeling very much, I think to cope.
and the quadriplegic toothless vampire killed me effortlessly after that
bool IsARealBoy = false
dropping clothes to pick up armor and then dropping armor to pick up clothes like some sort of cyclical forever-striptease
if a year passes, add one to age; social experiment

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10932 on: March 20, 2023, 03:02:47 am »

All this talk of rolls has makes me want them and I'm upset by the fact that I lack them.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

lemon10

• Bay Watcher
  • Citrus Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #10933 on: March 20, 2023, 03:20:32 am »

Equally so it could just be entirely psychological, as it has been literal years since I’ve had one, but I stand by the difference!
American bread has too much sugar yeah. Even the "organic" stuff just has a bunch of honey instead of sugar/high fructose corn syrup. But uh... I can still taste all the sugar yo.

I've found that generally your best bet if you don't want sugar in it is either sourdough which doesn't have any, or baugettes/french bread.
I would bet on you being correct, there are so many different ways to make bread (and food in general) that finding the same thing in another country can be basically impossible.
And with a mighty leap, the evil Conservative flies through the window, escaping our heroes once again!
Because the solution to not being able to control your dakka is MOAR DAKKA.

That's it. We've finally crossed over and become the nation of Da Orky Boyz.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #10934 on: March 20, 2023, 05:41:24 am »

The real grimness is all the mainstream bread brands in my area sneakily started cutting half of the wheat flour with cheap american soy flour and selling normal wheat flour bread as "premium bread." Thankfully I have a local bakery who sells normal bread at normal prices but they thought I wouldn't notice D:<

*EDIT
Hang on did you say thay put corn syrup in the bread?

What the actual fuck
Pages: 1 ... 727 728 [729] 730 731 ... 774