Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 777 778 [779] 780 781 782

Author Topic: Things that made you mildly upset today thread  (Read 864529 times)

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you mildly upset today thread
« Reply #11670 on: May 25, 2024, 12:54:01 am »

Holy shit the constant fucking rain is pissing me off, for the last few months it seems like we can't go a week without a massive storm dumping shitloads of rain on us before the last batch has had the time to dry out, and it doesn't seem like this shit is going to be ending any time soon. God I'm sick of the the damn rain.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #11671 on: May 25, 2024, 07:02:19 am »

if i could pay you to make that come here i would

rain rain stay right here, sun don't come back till next year
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

TurboDwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Pangolins are kind of dwarfy, right?
    • View Profile
« Reply #11672 on: May 26, 2024, 02:49:43 am »

We're in midst of a heatwave over here and it's starting to annoy me pretty badly. sooo... i wanna buy some rain too, if you don't mind.

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11673 on: May 28, 2024, 03:41:15 am »

I wish I could give it to you guys because we're getting another wave just as it started to dry out, I mean we had been in a drought for quite a while but we don't really need all the water all at once.

Also the damned internet is fucking up and the provider is so shit because they've yet to do anything about their shitty service, I'm getting tired of their on and off again bull shit and the trickle of internet that can hardly load this forum.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.

dragdeler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11674 on: May 28, 2024, 04:02:10 pm »

As far as I can tell europe has had grey weather since germany legalised, murphy's law lol.
let

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11675 on: June 05, 2024, 01:46:40 am »

Oh hey look at this, it's me again, just posting to say that the rain still hasn't fucked off and now we've had some flooding, luckily I was able to clear the blocked culverts to reduce the flooding, need to keep a better eye on those things with all this rain they're getting blocked way faster than normal.

MaxTheFox

• Bay Watcher
  • Лишь одна дорожка да на всей земле
    • View Profile
« Reply #11676 on: June 07, 2024, 12:03:08 am »

Anxiety... I feel kinda worried about nothing in particular and I feel like I'm adrift and I feel sad. Help...
Woe to those who make unjust laws, to those who issue oppressive decrees, to deprive the poor of their rights and withhold justice from the oppressed of my people, making widows their prey and robbing the fatherless. What will you do on the day of reckoning, when disaster comes from afar?

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
  • [OPPOSED_TO_LIFE] [GOES_TO_ELEVEN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #11677 on: June 07, 2024, 01:09:35 am »

Anxiety... I feel kinda worried about nothing in particular and I feel like I'm adrift and I feel sad. Help...
Why don't you talk a little about your religious beliefs? That might help you refine your understanding of meaning in your life.

MaxTheFox

• Bay Watcher
  • Лишь одна дорожка да на всей земле
    • View Profile
« Reply #11678 on: June 07, 2024, 01:16:25 am »

No it's not that I don't have meaning in life. I do. It's not an existential crisis, it's just kind of a random wave of negativity that I feel. On a level of consciousness lower than that.
Woe to those who make unjust laws, to those who issue oppressive decrees, to deprive the poor of their rights and withhold justice from the oppressed of my people, making widows their prey and robbing the fatherless. What will you do on the day of reckoning, when disaster comes from afar?

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
  • [OPPOSED_TO_LIFE] [GOES_TO_ELEVEN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #11679 on: June 07, 2024, 01:18:42 am »

No it's not that I don't have meaning in life. I do. It's not an existential crisis, it's just kind of a random wave of negativity that I feel. On a level of consciousness lower than that.
I just mean that it might help with feeling adrift. Having meaning in your life is one thing, but sometimes you need to actually sit and ask it what to do next, you know?

MCreeper

• Bay Watcher
  • My bus is late
    • View Profile
« Reply #11680 on: June 07, 2024, 03:42:21 am »

Laptop battery. Did not die and turn laptop stationary this time, no. Wire did not break either. I need to push plugged in charger around for a bit (great for structural integrity, no doubt) before it connects, after which it works like a charm until laptop restart or pulling it out. And sometimes laptop gets charged, but there is no indication of that, and charge meter is stuck in one place. I don't even.

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #11681 on: June 07, 2024, 12:17:20 pm »

TFW you get told about an investment opportunity for your family, being offered by someone that married into it.....it doesn't help that both they and the person they married have expensive tastes, treat money like it grows on trees, have already used family money to buy a home and outfit their "dream life" and have opined before that they just wish they were rich. Now they want more from the family and we can make 3x our investment!........

This shit reeks of a get rich quick scheme. Especially when they want a commitment by Monday.
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

Truean

• Bay Watcher
  • Ok.... [sigh] It froze over....
    • View Profile
« Reply #11682 on: June 07, 2024, 02:09:21 pm »

[Please do not quote: Nothing online should ever be considered legal advice]

Correct, sounds like scam. Caution warranted. When I did things like this there was at least a 6 month lag time between proposal lineups between banks/investment firms and project backers with coordination between everyone. Things do not happen overnight if legit. The bank is usually not in a hurray to grant anyone anything. (Yes "hurray" meaning happy verses "hurry" meaning fast. It's a bad joke where both work, you see). Depending on what it is, permits of course take time, as do (legit) purchases. Always remember the tried and true, "If it seems too good to be true, it probably is.

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=68850.msg8534667#msg8534667

So that is slow motion blowing up. I'm not even saying "I told you so" to the usual morons who doubt everything I say. I just blow them off and they aren't laughing at me or at all anymore. Thus cometh the layoffs I foretold and did scry in the financial documents. I can do accounting; I'm a freaking wizard or whatever, meh. That girl has come over to my side and is now a dual reference between us for job applications, etc. O wow, not scuzzy like the office slandermongers said (She doesn't know I'm gay and therefore no "interest" so meh. I don't care and she's pretty but her shoes never match her outfit and one of these days my ability not to say something shall not hold). They're messing with her vet status or trying to. Geeze, I wonder who knows about DD214s and all that .... Couldn't be me. I'm stupid. Ask anyone. Anyhow.

They're getting ready to fire a ton of people and oddly some of the jerks are coming around asking me for letters of recommendation.... One comes to mind; I've been doing his job, because he sucks and if I didn't shit would fall apart. The falling apart would hit him dead but mildly annoy me so... No falling apart this time damn it. I did his job for years before... like almost 20 years ago or who cares (How the hell is that true.... [No question Mark] ). I can't stand him and neither can our boss. He screws up constantly and I have to fix his mistakes. On the one hand I could give him a truthful reference (read: bad) but then he wouldn't be somewhere not near me....
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
I don't even know why he is asking me for anything. I already do his job for him and I'm not technically in a position to do it but whatever.

Please do not quote:
« Last Edit: June 07, 2024, 02:19:22 pm by Truean »
The kinda human wreckage that you love

Current Spare Time Fiction Project: (C) 2010 http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=63660.0
Disclaimer: I never take cases online for ethical reasons. If you require an attorney; you need to find one licensed to practice in your jurisdiction. Never take anything online as legal advice, because each case is different and one size does not fit all. Wants nothing at all to do with law.

Please don't quote me.

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #11683 on: June 07, 2024, 02:55:44 pm »

I think the offer itself is legit. He's working for a company, that company is being acquired by an investment group, investment group is promising the 3x return and he and his family get the early bird special since he works for the company being acquired. They need a commitment by Monday but don't need the cash for at least 3 months, or so I was told.

Regardless of whether it's legit or not though, it's a gamble as all investing is. He's already roped his mother in law in for half the required commitment, is posting the other half himself, is asking for money from the family for his wife to contribute....and then passed along to my dad that he, myself and my brother could all invest too.

Based on the state of the economy and how "fast cash" everyone is these days, I take claims of a 3x return from an investment group with a grain of salt. I don't think I'm going to do it. If it works for them, good for them. I have no desire to get involved.

More I'm just annoyed because as soon as he married into the family he started looking at us as an asset and that rubs me the wrong way entirely. Especially given how financially frivolous both of them are. He's not dumb. But I think he's greedy. (And he and my cousin have drawn more out of the family accounts than my brother and I combined. I've taken out the least of anyone.) His mother in law, my aunt, also thinks he walks on water and is too good for her own daughter, so she treats him like a king and basically goes along with whatever he says.
« Last Edit: June 07, 2024, 03:23:19 pm by nenjin »
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

Truean

• Bay Watcher
  • Ok.... [sigh] It froze over....
    • View Profile
« Reply #11684 on: June 07, 2024, 06:31:00 pm »

Your reservations, cautions, and suppositions seem valid. His viewpoint is worrying, legit or not.
All I will say is that's not usually how these things go down; your caution is warranted. The "Monday," deadline seems very off.
The kinda human wreckage that you love

Current Spare Time Fiction Project: (C) 2010 http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=63660.0
Disclaimer: I never take cases online for ethical reasons. If you require an attorney; you need to find one licensed to practice in your jurisdiction. Never take anything online as legal advice, because each case is different and one size does not fit all. Wants nothing at all to do with law.

Please don't quote me.
Pages: 1 ... 777 778 [779] 780 781 782